Continental Cup Finals, GM 5: Riga Reign vs. Calgary Wranglers

VHL Games

• Beketov changed the title to Continental Cup Finals, GM 5: Riga Reign vs. Calgary Wranglers
  • Commissioner

Dead before we got out of the first. 2 finals appearances in 3 seasons for Lahtinen and heartbreak both times, oh well. Absolutely amazing playoffs from Riga, especially @Greg_Di who just proved to be way too strong to beat.

• Commissioner
Just now, McWolf said:

12-1 throughout the playoffs. Is that a record?

Kinda is and kinda isn't. Teams have won needing only 9 games before (Helsinki in S66 for sure and it's happened before that as well if I recall) but I don't think any team has done better than 13 games when needing to play all 3 rounds.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Kinda is and kinda isn't. Teams have won needing only 9 games before (Helsinki in S66 for sure and it's happened before that as well if I recall) but I don't think any team has done better than 13 games when needing to play all 3 rounds.

Yeah, that's a better win% than Helsinki going 8-1.

• Commissioner
Just now, McWolf said:

Yeah, that's a better win% than Helsinki going 8-1.

Yeah, if you go by percentage. I figured you just meant total games needed to win.

Wow @hedgehog337 what you feeding that Riga crew? Congrats on the pure domination from Riga these playoffs, holy man what a reckoning of a win.

Was like despite NA being more stacked the more competitive series took more out of CGY by the time they got to finals. 

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Technically we won the cup with the most wins and least losses all time, sooooooooooooooooooo

10 seasons passed by and now I finally can post this gif again:

giphy.gif&key=7d341d840ac0f95db3890f9248

:rig:WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rig:

Busser out there scoring big goals in latest games, Eagles doing his Eagles job aka sniping a game away from an opponent and Nyko gets his CWG! RELIEF SEASON!

WE CHAMPS!

@Renomitsu @Nykonax @Z16 @Greg_Di @Tate @efiug @Kylrad @SDCore @Will @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @Phil @Pengu

gg Calgary. Thought it's gonna go in 6 games at least, you certainly looked like a favorite after doing great in reg season and being clutch in NA series. And this game went to OT, so yeah. That was close. You still have a nice S69-72 core so your team should be good for seasons. Good luck in next seasons! @Jubis

• Admin

Period: OT1
7. Riga Reign , Kyl Oferson 8 (Apollo Hackett 15, Will Clarke 5) at 17:35

perfect OT goal:

Will - owner of this ridiculous regular season vs playoff record:

image.png

Hackett - retiring captain and playoff top scorer

and finally Oferson, testament to the GOAT GM: (cup assist by Malmo)

image.png

#storylines

We came out swinging and had excellent defending the rest of the way, big props to Eagles for being so god damn consistent! WOOHOO!! NICE WORK RIGA!!! S72 CONTINENTAL CUP CHAMPIONS!!!! :rig:FOR LIFE!!!!!

Philadelphia Flyers GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Good series Calgary, thought you guys were going to be the spike in the road but thankfully the hockey gods chose us :D

Braden Holtby Was So Impressed With Michal Neuvirth in the ...

Edited by Z16

@hedgehog337, awesome team you have built there and super happy Riga won! Awesome stuff! 

And to all Calgary players and staff, you did an amazing run and it has to said that your team has a truly bright future and we will surely see you around!