Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

1. Warsaw is off to a good but not great start so far, how do you feel about the team performance thus far?

It's meh. Needs to get better.

2. How do you feel about your individual performance?

It has been awesome so far. 26 points in 19 games!

3. Are there any other teams that have surprised you whether good or bad so far this season?

Probably Davos!

4. Who do you think is our biggest competition this year?

Helsinki because they are kicking our butt

5. How important is it to upgrade Gino this year, or do you think we have a chance with no moves?

Would be nice though I do like the volume I am getting because he is not great.

6. Do you have any plans for Easter this year? 
Maybe some Ham or something? And easter egg stuff

3 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 4* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw is off to a good but not great start so far, how do you feel about the team performance thus far?

3. Are there any other teams that have surprised you whether good or bad so far this season?

5. How important is it to upgrade Gino this year, or do you think we have a chance with no moves?

7. What is your favourite chocolate egg?

1.It can and should be better

2. I’m okay with it just wish I could be w little more consistent 

3. LA

4. Helsinki and Prague I think it will be a battle all season 

5. If we could upgrade Gino it would be huge

6. Not that I know of yet 

There is still definitely some room to improve. We're narrowly first over Prague and Helsinki, and we've dropped games to each (some of which were pretty ugly). A good seed in the playoffs and a deep run are what I'll use to judge the team performance.

I feel better about it than expected. The transition to center has been about as good as it could be, I think, and I'm feeling like I might be able to adjust to it properly. We'll see how things go as the season progresses.

The Americans are doing surprisingly well this season. I fully expected them to be basement dwellers again, yet here they are as a borderline playoff team (for the moment).

Chicago, LA (unbelievably), Prague, and Helsinki. Chicago for obvious reasons, LA because they've upgraded considerably over the offseason, and Prague and Helsinki in our own conference because they've both beaten us *and* have a chance of taking first away from us.

I think it's important, even if we've shown that we can take first in the conference with him (and I only feel comfortable saying this because they've gone largely inactive). I wonder if we can beat teams like Prague/Helsinki and Chicago with him, or if upgrading would even make a tangible difference.
6. What is your favourite chocolate egg?

Chocolate egg!? I've heard they're delectable but absolutely terrible for you. I don't particularly enjoy super-sweet chocolates, personally.

At this point in the week I'd say it's changed to a great start as we are now first overall.  Early in the week I would say we have been great but unlucky in some games as goalies have stolen some games from us.

I am very happy with it.  I am one point out of the top 10 in scoring. I am on pace for over  30 goals this which would achieve a personal goal.

I would say probably Helsinki or Prague would be our biggest threat to defending our European championship.

It would be a pretty big addition but we have proven we still have a top offense as we lead the league in goals.  However the added depth could be huge come playoffs.

Just a small gathering with parents and siblings.  With covid restrictions everything is small.

7. What is your favourite chocolate egg?

Cadbury's Mini eggs are the best, Hershey's eggies are just not as good as the original mini egg.

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 11* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. First in the league (as of writing), what’s got us to this point so far?

2. Currently we have 3 players in top 10 scoring (Lamb, Dear, Glass) and Uhtred just outside. How many do you think finish the season there?

3. There was a couple trades this past week, what are your thoughts on them? 
4. Do you think the trade market remains active or does it die off as usual at deadline?

5. Seems as though there are too many players for teams and the league plans to do something about it. What would you do to solve this problem?

6. Which other sim leagues are you apart of and rank them to most important to least. 
7. As soon as the world is back to somewhat normal, where is the first place you want to travel? 

18 minutes ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

2. Currently we have 3 players in top 10 scoring (Lamb, Dear, Glass) and Uhtred just outside. How many do you think finish the season there?

4. Do you think the trade market remains active or does it die off as usual at deadline?

5. Seems as though there are too many players for teams and the league plans to do something about it. What would you do to solve this problem?

6. Which other sim leagues are you apart of and rank them to most important to least. 
7. As soon as the world is back to somewhat normal, where is the first place you want to travel? 

1.everyone contributing is what has us in first

2. Lamb, Dear definitely top 10, Glass and Uhtred could both finish up there

3. The Toronto/Vancouver trade really shows that Tor is all in on this year

4. I could see it dying off unless a team decides to be sellers

6. I’m not in any other sim leagues

7. Texas and Arizona to visit family I haven’t seen in years

8 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

1) high scoring from our top guys, and reliable consistent defence from the whole team

2) I think 3 could happen pretty easily unless we get some wacky sims, but 2 is my safe bet

3) I honestly have not been keeping up with trades much this season so I don't have many thoughts but there are certainly some interesting ones

4) Obviously when you know what your team looks like I think the earlier you make moves the better so you get the most value out of them, but there is always room for improvement so I'd hope the market is active until the last minute

5) I think there has to be some cap changes, we need more players in the VHL and less bot time I think that maximizes the amount of players in playing positions rather than pushing people out of the league

7) Literally any friend's house.

We have been absolutely dominant in terms of scoring and keeping the puck out.

I believe we have 4 now which is insane. I will say 3 stay in there but would not count out 4.

I have no idea, my main focus is Warsaw and winning with this team.

I think teams in general will always look for ways to improve so it could go either way.

I agree with above that maybe some cap changes to weed out some inactives or bots being played. Maybe requiring extra lines or something? 

I am in almost every sim league. PBE and EFL are towards the top. VHL and SHL are towards the bottom just because I know hockey the least. No offence.

Our offense is our strength. We have scored a tom of goals and don't give up that many either.

I will say 3 as uhtred always flirts with the top 10 early and then drops off.  Hopefully that will change this year but 3 is likely.

I haven't followed the trades, just focused on Warsaw and what we do.

I think it will die off as usual.

6. Which other sim leagues are you apart of and rank them to most important to least

I tried efl but lost interest and I'm enjoying PBE eventhough my player sucks despite having good ratings.  Order is VHL then PBE.  May try efl again one day.

I would love to travel to italy or Greece, travel will be very different when it happens again as we now have a kid.  My parents want to take us to Disney so that's probably first place I go to

1. First in the league (as of writing), what’s got us to this point so far? Everyone just contributing on both sides of the game, and I would like to think that Waters step up this season, has also been a huge part towards that.

2. Currently we have 3 players in top 10 scoring (Lamb, Dear, Glass) and Uhtred just outside. How many do you think finish the season there? Realistically probably will stay with 3 in the top 10 of scoring, but having all 4 of them, would be pretty cool

4. Do you think the trade market remains active or does it die off as usual at deadline? Probably dies off, Im not sure how things work in this league, but I usually see little to no mid season trades.

5. Seems as though there are too many players for teams and the league plans to do something about it. What would you do to solve this problem? 5th lines :sjock: smh. But there really is only one way, which is expansion.

EFL, ISFL since I GM in both of the leagues, and then probably SBA.

7. As soon as the world is back to somewhat normal, where is the first place you want to travel? Probably go to the other half of Europe. Ive been to half of it, when we went two yrs back, but would be cool to see the other half.

I think we have excellent team cohesion and depth. The first line has done very well versus the best the VHL has to offer, and I think our second line is crushing the competition so far; it's a testament to the quality of both lines.

Two, but I'm not sure which of the four will stick. STHS tends to ebb and flow from day to day, and I suspect this Dear/Glass combo is on a very hot streak that could end at any time. I don't mind who ends there so long as we're winning.

Some were pretty low-impact, so I wasn't terribly interested in them. Helsinki getting James Rose will be huge for their competitiveness in the European Conference, which is concerning because they're already so good.

Die off. There hasn't been a ton of movement at the trade deadline for several seasons now, and while there may be a big move or two I suspect there's something of a buyer's market going on.

E X P A N D.

No seriously, increase the number of teams. There was a very thoughtful article perhaps a week ago in VHL or SHL that considered adding a line vs. increasing the number of teams, and ultimately it was decided that the number of lines would be rather difficult logistically to implement - as it would mean pulling up a number of prospects that just aren't ready.
6. As soon as the world is back to somewhat normal, where is the first place you want to travel? 

No time to do that, my friend - there is work to be done!

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 18* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We swung a massive deal to bring in Chris Hylands. Where does that put this team in terms of firepower?

2. Which of the league’s two conferences would you say is stronger and why?

3. Which 3 teams would you say are the league’s top cup contenders right now?

4. Who has been the team’s MVP so far this season in your opinion?

5. What is the best vegetable?

6. Which player in the league that is having great success are you most surprised to see pushing the top of the leaderboards?

7. If you were stranded on a desert island with only a TV that somehow works and could bring 3 movies to be stranded with, what movies would you bring?

8. Which team outside of the major cup contenders do you think is most dangerous this season and why?

9. Which team at the bottom of the league has surprised you the most to be in that position this season and why?

10. Star Wars or Star Trek?

29 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. We swung a massive deal to bring in Chris Hylands. Where does that put this team in terms of firepower?

6. Which player in the league that is having great success are you most surprised to see pushing the top of the leaderboards?

7. If you were stranded on a desert island with only a TV that somehow works and could bring 3 movies to be stranded with, what movies would you bring?

8. Which team outside of the major cup contenders do you think is most dangerous this season and why?

9. Which team at the bottom of the league has surprised you the most to be in that position this season and why?

1. Right at the top like we were but it always helps to have more weapons 

2.from a conference depth way of looking at it NA

but looking at just  the top teams EU

3. Warsaw,Chicago and LA

4. Aloe Dear by far is the mvp of the team

5. Corn

8. Seattle and NYA both extremely talented teams that can surprise anyone 

9. Riga, with the roster they had before the recent trades I thought they would be battling for at minimum home ice in the semifinals 

1. We swung a massive deal to bring in Chris Hylands. Where does that put this team in terms of firepower? Its interesting, cause I do think we already had enough firepower, so hopefully chemistry developing doesnt hurt us too much. But always nice to bring in some more help.

European conference in my opinion, since three of the teams have more points than the North American Conference.

Other than us, Helsinki, Prague, and the Chicago Phoenix.

Latrell Mitchell is the goat, not on the top of the leaderboard for the team, but has over a point per game, and adds a lot on the defensive side of the ball (puck?)

Tomatoes, cause tomatoes are not fruits smh my head. 

6. Which player in the league that is having great success are you most surprised to see pushing the top of the leaderboards? I am surprised to see Aloe Dear at the top, not anything against Reno, but with teams with a lot of scorers, it takes a lot of work to end up #1 in the list.

Not a fan of either to be completely honest.

On 4/14/2021 at 11:48 PM, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

1. Top of the league easy, hope Hylands can fit in chemistry wise

2. European is always stronger, top teams are just always better

3. Warsaw, Warsaw and Warsaw 

5. Potato not even close

8. Probably Riga, good young team just outside the playoffs that could cause upsets 

10. Neither

We already had a ton of firepower so more is great!

European because Warsaw is in it of course!

Warsaw...Warsaw...and...Warsaw!

Has to be Aloe Dear. She killing it!

Corn if you count that!

I really think it is strange to see Lexi Glass climbing the leaderboards!

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 25* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We’ve been on a bit of a slide lately, what’s it gonna take to get going again?

2. Ever since the trade deadline it’s been hard to find chemistry, if you had the chance would you go back and not make that deal?

3. Do you still like our chances in the playoffs?

4. Are you superstitious? Is there anything you have to do before a game to put your mind at ease?

5. What’s your favourite dip for nachos?

6. How many push-ups can you do?

7. If you had to choose one temperature for it to be for the rest of your life, what would it be?

2 hours ago, dasboot said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending April 25* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We’ve been on a bit of a slide lately, what’s it gonna take to get going again?

2. Ever since the trade deadline it’s been hard to find chemistry, if you had the chance would you go back and not make that deal?

4. Are you superstitious? Is there anything you have to do before a game to put your mind at ease?

7. If you had to choose one temperature for it to be for the rest of your life, what would it be?

1. Simon not to screw us ( wow that sounded like hedge)

2. No it just growing pains of finding chemistry we will be fine

3. yes I still like our chances anything can happen come playoffs we could go in on this slide then dominate the playoffs who knows

4. Not very the only thing I do after the anthem  is take my skate and carve a friends initials and jersey number on the blue line or on the bench depending on if I’m starting 

5. nachos don’t need dip but I do like a Buffalo chicken dip with chips 

7. 65 or 70 not too hot but not cold either 

We just gotta get back to the way we were playing earlier in the season. Obviously it comes with the usual "simplifying our game" and "getting pucks deep".

No, I don't think so. You don't make trades to have a good regular season. We can't look back until the playoffs are over.

Of course. We're still having a great season overall, and I would consider us the main favourite.

Yes, to an extent. Always put my left skate on first. Not sure why, just have always done it since I was a kid.

Sour Cream or Nacho Cheese, can't pick one.

I'm not sure to be honest, maybe 35ish. 

Just gaining some chemistry and getting back to things.

Hylands is a great player and voice in the LR. Things are changing up. He was not a fit on our line but is a huge fit for our team.

Hell yeah. Warsaw number one!

Reading a bible passage usually helps calm the nerves before heading out to the ice.

A good spicy salsa!

75! Sunny and 75 is a song right so it has to be correct.

We have stopped that slide now but we just need to keep playing to our strengths which is a deadly offense.

Nope, we are just taking time to develop that chemistry and will we be great by playoffs.

Yes, we have a great team and are definitely one of the favourites.

I'm not really superstitious but listening to music before the game puts the mind at ease.

Medium level salsa.  Tried one with habanero and that was too much 

I'd say probably about 25 celsius and sunny but no humidity.  The humidity is horrible, will take 40s in Vegas over 30s and humid in Ontario in the summer.

1. We’ve been on a bit of a slide lately, what’s it gonna take to get going again? Need to get our chemistry back up and adjust to the new team that is coming in.

2. Ever since the trade deadline it’s been hard to find chemistry, if you had the chance would you go back and not make that deal? Nope, cause while we did suck for a while after, during the playoffs it will be nice.

3. Do you still like our chances in the playoffs? Yep, we should be able to do really nice, very excited for it to be happening

5. What’s your favourite dip for nachos? ketchup :shock:

6. How many push-ups can you do? 10 :( , smh not good at push ups

7. If you had to choose one temperature for it to be for the rest of your life, what would it be? 60 degrees F

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 2nd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We were able to pull things together and finish the season with the Victory Cup. What can we do to make sure we carry this positive momentum into the playoffs?

2. Which Warsaw player were you the most impressed with this season?

3. Which Warsaw player do you think improved the most this season?

4. Is ketchup a smoothie?

5. With 291 goals this season, we topped our franchise record from last season by 1 and also solidified this era of Warsaw hockey by now having the 2 best team scoring years in the past 15 seasons. How have you enjoyed playing in our fast paced offense?

6. Which of the 4 wildcard teams (LA, Vancouver, Prague, and Malmo) do you think is most likely to threaten for the cup and why?

7. How has past playoff experience helped get you ready for the fight ahead?

8. Do you prefer to listen to music with headphones or through speakers?

9. If you could only eat one flavor of muffin for the rest of your life, which flavor would it be and why is blueberry the only correct answer?

10. What are your thoughts on Mexico City's new logo?

4 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

t0iLC3y.png

*Week ending May 2nd* (Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. We were able to pull things together and finish the season with the Victory Cup. What can we do to make sure we carry this positive momentum into the playoffs?

5. With 291 goals this season, we topped our franchise record from last season by 1 and also solidified this era of Warsaw hockey by now having the 2 best team scoring years in the past 15 seasons. How have you enjoyed playing in our fast paced offense?

6. Which of the 4 wildcard teams (LA, Vancouver, Prague, and Malmo) do you think is most likely to threaten for the cup and why?

7. How has past playoff experience helped get you ready for the fight ahead?

8. Do you prefer to listen to music with headphones or through speakers?

9. If you could only eat one flavor of muffin for the rest of your life, which flavor would it be and why is blueberry the only correct answer?

10. What are your thoughts on Mexico City's new logo?

1. Just keep playing our game it’s honestly that simple 

2. To many to name just one,

3.Waters, because he has really improved his offensive game

5. I love it because it means there’s points to go around for everyone 

6. LA, their roster is fantastic and they were near the top of the NA all season 

7. it’s given us the confidence to face any situation 

8. I switch back and forth 

9. For me it’s Chocolate chip, blueberry is a close second 

We are clicking now. It's time to go for the cup!

This team was stacked, it is hard to name just one here.

I have to go with Lexi Glass here. A 21 point difference going from 67 to 88 points!

No and ketchup should be eliminated from this planet!

It has been great. Not only are we winning a lot but we are getting STATS! It is great.

Will go LA because Prague has to try and go through us.