Warsaw Predators Press Conference

Da_Berr

Press conference - Week Ending September 12 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. How do you feel our first series as a team against Riga went? We almost swept them taking it 4 games to 1.

2. How did your player play through the first round?

3. Warsaw is in the Conference Finals!! We play Malmo. What are your thoughts on our opponents?

4. What are our strengths and weaknesses so far through these playoffs?

5. Who is the stronger team in your opinion in the North American Conference? Los Angeles or Seattle?

6. Summer is coming to an end, how did yours go?

Edited by ajwllmsn

1. Ranked 3rd in the league (2nd in division), how are our chances looking for a Continental Cup?

Honestly? Malmo, Seattle, and LA are all good enough to stop us; it's really a matter of luck and who wants it more.

2. What are your first round playoff predictions? DC vs Calgary and Prague vs Davos.

Whoops! This already passed. I would have said DC and Prague, though I would have been wrong on the Prague vs. Davos series - that's for sure.

3. What are your predictions for us going up against Riga in the Conference Semi Finals?

I was optimistic about it. Riga has some excellent players, but their regular season results just didn't match favorably to ours.

4. What is your player's mentality for these playoffs?

Get wins. I don't care about stats, I mostly just want a positive impact on the ice whenever I'm on and a great chance to get a Continental Cup. Like I've said before, other people can have the award if it means Warsaw can get some Ws.

5. How do you feel your player performed this season? Any new milestones? Underachieved? Overachieved?

I think I placed exactly where I expected to. New career highs in points and assists, but I felt like I didn't overshadow anyone who was on my line. That's the ideal for me: everyone eats and we get a lot of wins.

6. Last and most important question, what is your favourite restaurant?

There's a little Chinese restaurant not too far from the team training facility that serves some of the most immaculate food I've ever had. How was I supposed to expect that in Poland?

1. How do you feel our first series as a team against Riga went? We almost swept them taking it 4 games to 1.

It went very well. We played our game and brought it to them, putting up our normal types of goal and shot totals. Definitely was probably closer than the final series score, but I'm very happy with how we played.

Not too bad. I'd like to see some more goals from Lamb, and I know he has it in him, but I can't complain being over PPG with a series win.

3. Warsaw is in the Conference Finals!! We play Malmo. What are your thoughts on our opponents?

Malmo is an absolute wagon this season, there's no denying it. There is a ton of storylines to tie us together, whether it be Muffbeav or Hylands, I'm just hoping for a long, competitive series, and may the best team win. 

So far, SOG and scoring goals has been our strength. As well as our PP, which is sitting around 30% after our first round. I don't think Riga really showed us what our weaknesses are just yet, but no doubt Malmo will. We have to absolutely bring it.

5. Who is the stronger team in your opinion in the North American Conference? Los Angeles or Seattle?

I honestly think LA. Merrick has been an absolute beast, as well as Pines on the back end, and it has been a long time coming. Sorry Seattle, but you have to share the wealth sometimes. 

It was good, I had a pretty eventful summer. It doesn't feel like the end though, another month would be nice. 

18 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Press conference - Week Ending September 5 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

Absolutely well-deserved. There were really close games but we were luckier than usually so we are in the finals babyy. 

Bogdan was ppg and I'm really excited to see him as an important part of the winning team

It's a tough matchup, obviously I believe we will pass them to the finals

Of course, we are strong together and every guy is very important in our lines 

I'm afraid of being warsaw'd. 

Well, these teams are equal in my opinion. Nevertheless I consider LA will meet us in the next round

It's been not bad actually 

I relieved stress chilling with my homies

Now I'm a bit disappointed cause school started but ready to finish the last grade with the smile and great memory

On 9/5/2021 at 7:52 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Press conference - Week Ending September 5 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. That series went well closer then the 4-1 series indicated 

2. I was good in the first round 

3. answering late we know what happened, they were a wagon all season so can’t be to mad at the results

4. Our biggest strength was our depth because anyone could take a game over, our biggest weakness I have to say was goalie that’s the one spot Malmo had a obvious advantage on us and that’s what allowed them to win game 7

5. Seattle is the stronger team and that was also my answer heading into the series 

6. mine was good got to visit my grandparents which was nice because I hadn’t seen them in a while 

Press conference - Week Ending September 19 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. After a tough loss in game 7 to Malmo, how do you feel about our performance throughout these playoffs?

2. What could we have done differently to advance to the Finals?

3. Between Malmo and Seattle, who will take home the Continental Cup this season? (Malmo is up 3-1)

4. What are your player's plans for this offseason?

5. Overall what are your thoughts on Warsaw's and your player's S79?

6. The NFL's week 1 just started, have you been watching all the games this weekend?

(using last week's questions, oops!)

Went well enough, but I don't think that's enough to make it all the way (it wasn't!). We would've needed some luck to beat Malmo.

Aloe is pretty consistent in the playoffs. We knew we were better than our first round team, so it was as expected.

I guess we don't need to talk about this anymore. I'm sad we lost :( 

We're really good at generating shots, as we always have. Our weakness is a tragically-low conversion percentage for said shots.

Can't really ever bet against Seattle in the post-season. That continues to be the case this season.

Busy. Way, way, way too busy in the hospital - no time off for us in medicine, that's for sure.

13 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

1. After a tough loss in game 7 to Malmo, how do you feel about our performance throughout these playoffs?

3. Between Malmo and Seattle, who will take home the Continental Cup this season? (Malmo is up 3-1)

6. The NFL's week 1 just started, have you been watching all the games this weekend?

it could be better, but I like how it went

Well, we had more shots as usual but we couldn't score 

I think Malko will take it in game 7

Relieve stress, chill and prepare for the next season

The team is going to rebuild but we still have some experienced core that will help us to make the playoffs one more time. 

We don't watch it in russia

It feels good to be just 1 game away from defeating the eventual Continental Cup Champions, however it makes it that much harder to swallow that it could've been us lifting the trophy in back-to-back seasons.

I, personally, feel responsible. Getting ejected from a Game 7, with a finals berth on the line is just embarrassing. To the players, staff, and especially fans - I apologize. 

Well.... It seems I'm writing this a little late, so congrats Malmo on the championship! Hylands has done a great job over there.

Rumours have been flying around that Lamb is on the trade block, so we'll see what happens. For right now he's just going to train and get ready like any other season, especially now at his old age where he needs to stay in tip top shape.

It was my best regular season, but a little lackluster in the postseason. Oh so close to back to back will be how Warsaw's S79 will be remembered.

Oh yeah, watched a ton of games. My Eagles absolutely dominated, so I'm happy. Some very entertaining games this week already, the best one being Baltimore vs Las Vegas.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, ajwllmsn said:

1. It hurts being so close especially with a core that we don’t have many years left together 

2. I could have actually produced in the series 

3. writing this late, grats Malmo well deserved 

4. I’m here to at least start the season but that’s all I know right now 

5. good season for the team, personally had a down season but was still good 

6. Yes I did, best game was the Baltimore vs Vegas game

I don't feel that badly about it. We took Malmo to 7 and lost in a coin-flip, then they went on to crush the finals. That lets us know we were that close to a championship - and yes, that hurts a little, but we have a lot to be proud of.

It's best not to perseverate on the 'what ifs,' as that stops everyone involved from moving forward.

This one's been in the books a little while now. Congrats to Malmo!

I'm still trying to figure out this Free Agent thing, to be honest.

Expectations were a bit lower than the previous season and we finished just about where I expected to - a sliver away from a championship.

I did! I'm not excited for the Ravens/Chiefs game later today since I think we're gonna get crushed, but it is what it is.

Press conference - Week Ending September 26 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. The S80 VHL draft wrapped up last night, what are your thoughts on Warsaw's picks?

2. What will S80 look like for Warsaw? We had our draft and a couple free agency signings so we do have a core.

3. The S79 Awards also happened last night, any surprises? Is there someone who should have won an award that didn't? 

(link for awards recap)

4. The VHLE expansion draft goes on tonight. Which VHLE team do you want to win the draft (is your favourite if you have one)? 

5. A sad day for Warsaw as 6 season long veteran Aloe Dear tested the free agency and ended up signing with the D.C. Dragons. Any thoughts on Dear and their great career so far?

6. Most important question: How was your weekend?

1. The S80 VHL draft wrapped up last night, what are your thoughts on Warsaw's picks?

Well, I trust our GM, so if he picked those players, I'm sure they'll be stars for Warsaw one day. 10/10 draft for us.

2. What will S80 look like for Warsaw? We had our draft and a couple free agency signings so we do have a core.

I think we have a chance at playoffs, we still have some of the big guns from the cup run. For the first time in a while, Warsaw are dark horses.

3. The S79 Awards also happened last night, any surprises? Is there someone who should have won an award that didn't?

Red Lite/Aloe Dear definitely got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY for MVP, but other than that the awards were pretty on point. I'm not too sure about the Wylde winner, I have to look into it deeper.

4. The VHLE expansion draft goes on tonight. Which VHLE team do you want to win the draft (is your favourite if you have one)? 

I like both Swedish teams, Vasteras and Stockholm. Going to be great re-igniting that old time rivalry. I'm excited to see how each team drafts, because I think we're all sort of unsure at the moment. 

5. A sad day for Warsaw as 6 season long veteran Aloe Dear tested the free agency and ended up signing with the D.C. Dragons. Any thoughts on Dear and their great career so far?

One of, if not the best player in franchise history. Will be missed DEARly, but will be remembered long from now as an absolute legend.

It was good, wasn't up to too much except for the drafts. We did find my cat after he got out for a couple days so that was a big plus. :) 

I think Warsaw did a great job at making picks!

I think we have potential to make that last playoff spot. 

I haven't really looked much into who won all the awards, but for the most part I think everyone who got an award deserved it.

I personally don't really care which team wins the draft, but I think its going to be interesting to see what happens and who gets drafted where.

He defiantly would have been a good asset for our team, but I wish him well in D.C.

Its been good, school started so I've just been doing homework and relaxing.

12 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

(link for awards recap)

I'm pretty excited. D. Lamb did a great job. We got at least 3 specs with a real potential to be a important part of the team. 

Well, we will be able to fight for the playoffs spot. 

Lamb deserves to be top GM of the year for sure. 

I don't really follow E-league cause I'm a bit busy with practicing. 

Deserves to become of the first player with retires jersey number. But we'll see. 

Quite average, relaxing with friends and family

20 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

(link for awards recap)

1. I think we have made really good picks and they Will help us later ! 

2. i think we will be a good team! Im here to win and i think with the other free agency signings all is possible! 

3. i think those rewards are good! Everyone here deserve it! 

4. i dont know the name of the teams un the VHLE but i hope they will all get sole great players! 

5. i think its a really good player! I have played with him some times and i think we will miss him! 

6. really good i have been doing thé party! 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, ajwllmsn said:

(link for awards recap)

1. I think the picks were solid, especially pick 14 aha

2.I think Warsaw will compete and surprise a lot of teams.

3.I think all awards were deserved.

4.Lets go Vikings, the Vikings are the best for sure!

5.Being a new player to Warsaw, I have seen the name, and know they had a great impact on Warsaw, and I wish them luck in their future.

6. My weekend was great, I hope everyone else had a great one too. 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, ajwllmsn said:

(link for awards recap)

1). I think we did well with the picks we had!
2). S80 will be a bit harder for Warsaw, but I think if everyone keeps updating and putting in the effort we could surprise people this season.
3). No surprises, I thought everyone who deserved an award got one!
4). I mean...Istanbul for sure (but that didn't happen lol)
5). Dear is a star in the league, and although they have left I'm happy they went to a quality organization that looks ready to compete!
6). I bought a new bed mattress with my wife and watched football, so yeah fun times.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, ajwllmsn said:

(link for awards recap)

1. Love the draft picks those who are here are active in the LR

2. I see us sneaking into the wildcard round 

3.  I didn’t pay much attention to the awards 

4. haven’t payed attention to the E but hopefully everyone is competitive 

5. I couldn’t say a bad word about Dear if I was paid to, fantastic player and person, good luck in DC just not against us 

6. both last weekend and this weekend have been good 

Press conference - Week Ending October 3 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw sits 3rd in the EU conference with a 5-3-1 record. Have we been playing well or should we be doing better?

2. What has been a key role to our winning record.

3. How has your player performed through the first sim?

4. Malmo currently owns first place in the league, will they take home another Victory Cup? (Best Regular Season Record)

5. How do you think our team looks? Anyone we should add? Trade?

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?

Edited by ajwllmsn

1. Warsaw sits 3rd in the EU conference with a 5-3-1 record. Have we been playing well or should we be doing better?

It's good seeing Trunov with point per game. He also has 2 game winners and a hat trick. I'm to see his development. 

Unfortunately we don't score as much as in the previous season but our defense goes well and helps us to win games

To be honest, first sim was mediocre

4. Malmo currently owns first place in the league, will they take home another Victory Cup? (Best Regular Season Record)

I think so. Right now Malmo is so much stronger than anyone else.

That's quite difficult question. Dlamb is a top GM so far and I'm not sure if I need to say what he needs to do. 

I'd like to visit Canada for sure. It's fascinating place with a great nature and attractive culture. 

We've been playing well as a unit, for sure. We have tapered off here the last couple sims, but I know with all the talent we have it is just a matter of putting it all together.

Jacob Carson and Chris Reynolds have played a massive part in our success so far. I hope they both keep it up.

Even as an old man, Lamb is still beasting. I'm sad that his career is finally coming to an end, so I hope he can get some awards.

Honestly probably. They have almost, if not exactly, the same roster as last season. So no reason they can't repeat for a Victory Cup.

Yeah, sure, let's add the top 10 players by TPA. I think it would help us out a bit :P But honestly I like how our team is built, we could use another F and D to run 6-4-2 though.

Probably Japan, but I also wouldn't mind going back to London.

I think we've been doing well. The last few sims have been a bit of a bust, but I believe in our team!

I think our defense has been doing a good job at keeping the puck away from the net.

Not bad, but I think I could do better.

Probably, they're the best team in the league right now.

We could probably use a few more stronger players, but we cant have it all so I think I'm happy with the team we have. 

I really want to go to Japan, and also Poland.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:54 PM, ajwllmsn said:

Press conference - Week Ending October 3 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1.  We’ve been playing well just gotten unlucky with sims at times

2. Lamb and Carson by far have been the most important 

3. started good now been on a cold stretch hopefully I can turn it around soon 

4. I think Vancouver will take the victory cup

5. I’ll leave that up to management that’s their job not mine

6. the Philippines for sure it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to go

Press conference - Week Ending October 10 (Answer all 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Warsaw sits at 4th in the EU Conference - wildcard spot - how can we boost our standings record and secure a playoff spot?

2. Our Goal Difference is -10. Do we not score enough? Or do we let too many goals in?

3. How has your player performed so far? We are a third of the way through S80.

4. What was your reaction to being drafted/signed/traded to the Warsaw Predators organization?

5. What type of player build are you aiming to accomplish for your player? If you could switch anything in your build what would it be?

6. How was your weekend?