VHL or VHLM? A Statement from Patrik Laine

Laine

Now, after being taken in the 5th round of the VHLM draft earlier tonight, I was thinking about my future. I thought about it and I decided I should make a statement:

Keep in mind, I did not purposefully put out those VHL statements as some sort of ploy to fall in the draft. I'm not like that. My real intentions were to actually play in the VHL. I was talking with a few teams who said they would play me as a rookie, but I realized soon it all depends where I go. Differents GMs would rather me stay one more year in the VHLM then come up right away. I will know tomorrow once the draft is over. If my VHL GM wants me to play my rookie season in S73, that is what I shall do. If they want me to play one more year in the M then that is what I shall do. I will know tomorrow what my fate is.

Sorry for the confusion everyone (I actually feel bad about it)

- Patrik Laine

15 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

I'm not sure what happened but respect

Nothing much happen, just want to make myself clear. Pretty much, I told some VHLM GMs that I planned to play in the VHL, so they didn't pick me early like Ottawa at #2 Overall. If my GM tells me to stay in the VHLM this season, it makes it look like I purposefully told everyone to not pick me so I could go to Miami (because their team is stacked) so I am just here to say that if I end up in the VHLM next season, this wasn't premeditated. At this point, it is my future VHL GM's decision where I play next year.

9 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

Nothing much happen, just want to make myself clear. Pretty much, I told some VHLM GMs that I planned to play in the VHL, so they didn't pick me early like Ottawa at #2 Overall. If my GM tells me to stay in the VHLM this season, it makes it look like I purposefully told everyone to not pick me so I could go to Miami (because their team is stacked) so I am just here to say that if I end up in the VHLM next season, this wasn't premeditated. At this point, it is my future VHL GM's decision where I play next year.

I was on the twitch wondering why you weren't picked in the first round. So thanks for clearing the doubt!

I don’t think you’d be saying this if you got drafted to somewhere like Halifax or Minny ;) We’d be pumped to have you all season in Miami if that’s how it works out!