London United Press Conferences

McWolf

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Saturday July 18.

(1) First things first, congratulations on joining what will soon be recognized as the best expansion team from the four that joined in Season 73. Great decision from you. Yes, it was your decision.

So, with that out of the way, our first question is a simple one: what are your thoughts on the team identity?

(2) Whether you were acquired by London from the Expansion Draft, the Entry Draft or via trade, were you surprised to join us before our first season?

(3) How do you think we will do this season? Honest answers only.

(4) What are you going to work on this offseason?

(5) What number are you going to wear this season? Any particular reason for it?

(6) And let's just learn a bit about our new players: are you a dog or a cat person, and why is the only good answer 'dog person'?

@KC15 @TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

So, with that out of the way, our first question is a simple one: what are your thoughts on the team identity?

Peaky fookin' Blindahs. nuff said.

(2) Whether you were acquired by London from the Expansion Draft, the Entry Draft or via trade, were you surprised to join us before our first season?

A little bit. Was hoping to land here in London out of all possible expansion possibilities.

Likely not very good. Would love to see us be the top expansion team, added bonus if we can beat out an already exisiting team.

Finding which English beer is the best one.

(5) What number are you going to wear this season? Any particular reason for it?

91. If it's still there for me. I have no idea why, just love the number. Looks great on the back of a jersey.

(6) And let's just learn a bit about our new players: are you a dog or a cat person, and why is the only good answer 'dog person'?

Only good cats are dog cats. and cuz good boi's are the best boi's. 

1:

We are definitely a team that doesn’t have much of an identity at this point, having never played a game. That said, we are in a unique position to build that identity, and although it is statistically unlikely that we will be a playoff team, I certainly hope that the identity that we build is one of a successful upstart franchise. 

2:

I’m honestly not shocked to have been drafted by London. I was very enthusiastic about the creation of a team in England’s capital, so to end up here is something of a dream come true.

3:

This really isn’t a season to be measured, in terms of success, by wins and losses. This season should be all about developing our identity, figuring out what style we’re going to play, things like that.

4:

The offseason is a rare opportunity to focus heavily on a couple of aspects of the game without having to prep for specific opponents. I certainly have a lot I need to improve upon, but I think the biggest things are getting my skating and shot to the next level.

5:

47, because that’s my number. 

6:

I like all animals but have pretty bad allergies, so I’ll say I’m more of a hedgehog guy.

James Rose will be answering some questions now regarding his new team and situation:...

(1) First things first, congratulations on joining what will soon be recognized as the best expansion team from the four that joined in Season 73. Great decision from you. Yes, it was your decision.

The team identity is going to be simple.  All new guys getting together and figuring things out as we go.  This is an unreal opportunity for us to carve out niches and I couldn't be more thrilled to get out there.

Absolutely not.  The opportunity to train with the top guys in training camp is something to look forward to.  If it wasn't, why do we even play??

(3) How do you think we will do this season? Honest answers only.

Compared to the already established teams, we can snag a few wins here and there.  The real competition is against the other expansion teams.

Probably my strength, passing and defense.

I'll go with #7 or #10.  Those are my birthday digits so they give me luck.

(6) And let's just learn a bit about our new players: are you a dog or a cat person, and why is the only good answer 'dog person'?

I'm a dog guy, and like they say: "If loyalty is what your seeking in life, get a dog".

13 hours ago, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Saturday July 18.

(1) First things first, congratulations on joining what will soon be recognized as the best expansion team from the four that joined in Season 73. Great decision from you. Yes, it was your decision.

@KC15 @TTtheT @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

1. So far we're just an expansion team, but hopefully we can pull away and build a name for us.

2. I kinda had a hunch beforehand, but I didn't think I was going to go 1OA, so that was a surprise.

3. Probably not too well. We're young and we don't have a lot of TPE.

4. Strength and maybe scoring or defense.

5. Pretty sure I'll wear the same number as last season haha. Not sure what it was.

6. Dogs all the way. 

1. we really arent that known yet but i hope we can come into the league and make our team recongnized.

2. I wan't really suprised, as i was drafted in my draft ranking spot that i had all season.

3. as a expansion team i don't think we are going to preform as well as other pre-existing teams.

4. my all around game.

5. If i can i would like to wear 86, because in  NHL 19 i got 3 straight 86 point seasons so it just stuck to me.

6. I am a cat person

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday July 26.

(1) Regular season starts tomorrow, predict the score of our first game.

(2) What song should play when we enter the ice for our home opener?

(3) What is your objective for this season?

(4) If we could have selected an extra player in the S73 Entry Draft, literally anyone, who would you suggest we add to our roster?

(5) This is the expansion era, let's get crazy. Where does the league expand next?

(6) What was your first favourite video game? Mine was TMNT IV: Turtles in Time on the SNES. I played the heck out of it with my neighbors.

1)

4-2 loss, unfortunately.

2)

God Save the Queen - Sex Pistols

3)

Continue to develop, hopefully hit 20 goals and 40 points.

4)

Kosmo Kramerev. My recruit, an excellent prospect, and great in the LR.

5)

Belgium or France.

6) 

Man that is a hard question. I’ve been gaming since 86, from Colecovision to Atari 2600 and all the way through. All time favorite game is Dungeon Keeper Gold on PC, but other highlights include River Raid (2600), Tecmo Super Bowl (NES), Super Metroid, Crono Trigger, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Super Mario 3, Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark (n64), Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast), Skyrim, Persona 5....

(1) Regular season starts tomorrow, predict the score of our first game.

3-1 Loss

Pneuma - Tool

Play some serious minutes, develop a rounded game and defeat all the expansion teams

(4) If we could have selected an extra player in the S73 Entry Draft, literally anyone, who would you suggest we add to our roster?

Patrik Laine.  He has franchise potential

(5) This is the expansion era, let's get crazy. Where does the league expand next?

Montreal and Rome

(6) What was your first favourite video game? Mine was TMNT IV: Turtles in Time on the SNES. I played the heck out of it with my neighbors

That's easy.  CHRONO TRIGGER or anything from he JRPG Squaresoft era, those were magical times

I feel like we come out swinging for our first game and take it 5-1.

London Calling - The Clash

Score at least 30 goals and get as close to .500 as we can get.

(4) If we could have selected an extra player in the S73 Entry Draft, literally anyone, who would you suggest we add to our roster?

Mikko Aaltonen

The Land Down Under - Australia

(6) What was your first favourite video game? Mine was TMNT IV: Turtles in Time on the SNES. I played the heck out of it with my neighbors.

Hmmm...I can't remember that long ago.  Maybe Might & Magic IV

On 7/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

(6) What was your first favourite video game?

1. 4 - 1 loss

2. Money city maniacs or something patriotic

3. Tear it up in the M and win a cup with Ottawa. Then I’ll be VHL ready next season

4. Jacob Tonn. We really need a good goalie prospect

5. Let’s bring it back to Quebec or even Winnipeg

6. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) that was the best game of my childhood and I still play it occasionally to this day. It’s far superior to the new battlefront games.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

1. Uhh it already happened but let's pretend I don't know. I predict a 6-5 win.

2. Something londony for the home crowd.

3. To win ROTY.

4. A goalie.

5. Australia. 

6. First was probably Smash Bros.

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 2.

(1) 13 games in, we are sporting a 5-8-0 record, good for 13th in the whole league. Did you think we'd manage to record 5 wins so fast?

(2) Due to an anti-tanking rule, we are forced to play to play a bot goalie named β-LDN G, pronounced BLEEDING, probably. He's actually better than both Park and Jaundice, so no harm done there, but how is it playing with an actual robot? Is it weird in the locker room? Does it shower with you guys?

(3) Who's your favourite S74 Draft prospect and why should we pick him or her?

(4) The points leaderboard is currently led by a pair of Los Angeles Stars veteran, Sigard Gunnar and Tyler Barabash Jr. Do you think they'll hold on to it? If not, who passes them and wins the scoring race?

(5) How are we doing better than D.C., what's wrong with them?

(6) Not really a question. Recommend me a song I have probably not heard before.

Edited by McWolf

1 - Absolutely. Nothing but confidence in this fledgling squad. Imagine our record if Trivium would stop hitting the post and start hitting the mesh.

2 - That first character is actually a double "s" sound in German, but I like the concept of a robot named Bleeding, so I'll let it slide. It does shower with us, and bizarrely has a cloaca. 

3 - Honestly haven't looked. Let me get back to you on that. Hopefully a D or G.

4 - I'm not surprised to see Gunnar up there considering his playoff run last season, though I'm not sure if they'll hold it or not. Reminds me of Kovalchuk and Heatley for the Thrashers.

5 - D.C. will get it together, without a doubt. Maybe they're intimidated by cloacas. 

6 - 

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

1) 13 games in, we are sporting a 5-8-0 record, good for 13th in the whole league. Did you think we'd manage to record 5 wins so fast?

(2) Due to an anti-tanking rule, we are forced to play to play a bot goalie named β-LDN G, pronounced BLEEDING, probably. He's actually better than both Park and Jaundice, so no harm done there, but how is it playing with an actual robot? Is it weird in the locker room? Does it shower with you guys?

(3) Who's your favourite S73 Draft prospect and why should we pick him or her?

(4) The points leaderboard is currently led by a pair of Los Angeles Stars veteran, Sigard Gunnar and Tyler Barabash Jr. Do you think they'll hold on to it? If not, who passes them and wins the scoring race?

(6) Not really a question. Recommend me a song I have probably not heard before.

1. Absolutely not. Especially not that 3 game win streak.

2. You know, I’m still in the minors but I’m sure the boys find it a bit odd having a robot around. 
3. I’m assuming you mean S74 and for that i would have to say @Plate or @Emi. We’ll see how the draft goes when we get there.

4. I doubt it. They’ll go on a cold streak and someone else will come in. It’s too early in the season to know who’ll be the top point getter.

5. They don’t have Bleeding on their team ?

6. Become the warm jets, Strawberryfire, and Watermelon Man. One of my absolute favourite songs is Mr. Rager though

45 minutes ago, der meister said:

2 - That first character is actually a double "s" sound in German, but I like the concept of a robot named Bleeding, so I'll let it slide. It does shower with us, and bizarrely has a cloaca. 

I thought it was Beta, the Greek letter

18 minutes ago, SirRupertBarnes said:

I’m assuming you mean S74

and fixed, thanks

(1) 13 games in, we are sporting a 5-8-0 record, good for 13th in the whole league. Did you think we'd manage to record 5 wins so fast?

Actually, I'm not surprised at all.  We're putting in our best efforts right now.

It's pretty cool actually.  He doesnt say much.  His programming is pretty basic, so he's too fragile to take showers.

(3) Who's your favourite S74 Draft prospect and why should we pick him or her?

Venus Thightrap, Christian Mingle and Isabella Campbell.  We could benefit from being a diverse group.

(4) The points leaderboard is currently led by a pair of Los Angeles Stars veteran, Sigard Gunnar and Tyler Barabash Jr. Do you think they'll hold on to it? If not, who passes them and wins the scoring race?

If they keep going the way they're going, who knows? My money's on Jet Jaguar though

We're just keeping it simple, maybe they're just complicating things themselves?

(6) Not really a question. Recommend me a song I have probably not heard before.

TOOL - NO QUARTER

(1) 13 games in, we are sporting a 5-8-0 record, good for 13th in the whole league. Did you think we'd manage to record 5 wins so fast?

Sure, we've got a solid squad that plays with heart. That still counts in hockey.

Don't mind who or what he is as long as he keeps making saves.

All my focus is on the ice with my current teammates, sorry.

With such solid linemates, maybe Lesieur.

They gave up Lesieur in expansion.

Doolin-Dalton - The Eagles (very early)

On 7/28/2020 at 8:41 AM, McWolf said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday August 2.

1. Nah not at all. I think it's great that we're surprising people.

2. At least he doesn't smell after a game.

3. Not really focusing on draft prospects but I trust McWolf to pick someone good.

4. Not sure if they stay up there but I don't know who else is really a candidate.

5. They don't have me ?

6. My Favorite Part - Mac Miller