London United Press Conferences

McWolf

:ldn: Press Conference Questions :ldn:

1) Are you happy, sad, or indifferent about Malmo winning the cup?

Happy, it's always nice to to a new winner and there from our part of the map so definitely a kudo to our training and dedication to producing high level players 🇪🇺

2) Does anyone in real life like family or friends know that you go on VHL?

Yup, I'm a proud sim league advocate 🏒

3) Would you ever consider meeting someone on VHL in real life if you happened to be in the same area?

Depends on the situation but probably not, I don't really "hang out", I'm more of a visitor, meet and greet kind of thing 👋🏼

4) If the city of London was suddenly banned from the VHL because Victor became a tyrant, what city would you move the United to?

We'd have to travel to the Queens second favorite country, Canada. To be more specific.. Quebec, Montreal or Detroit 🇨🇦 🌊 :usa:

5) Does your player have any new or special offseason plans?

Enough with the evening of attributes, first thing is getting my defense maxed, better passing to level out my scoring so 75 is good and 99 puck handling.. I like dangling through legs instead of wasting my energy skating, I can use my speed for the PP instead 😎

6) If you have someone over your house for burgers and other barbecue items, would you want them to tell you your burgers didn't taste that good or would you rather they lie and say they do to make you feel better? 

Let me know right away and I can cook something up to their liking, I'm no chef and everybody likes stuff differently. Maybe ask beforehand though 😜

Edited by 16z

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.7634b736c0c813019bf5b397ee2bdac4.png

LONDON UNITED Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday January 24th.

1 tpe for three questions, 2 tpe for all six!

1. Hello, I'm MattyIce, London United's new AGM.  Most of you know me, so that's a good thing.  What are your thoughts on the new AGM?
2. Do you think our competitive window is opening wide enough to make a legitimate Cup run???
3. We made some moves to bolster our prospect depth and keep some salary cap room handy, how do you think we handled the team during the offseason?
4. What are three things you could buy at a grocery store to make the cashier give you weird looks??
5. Why do we say that an alarm clock goes ‘off’ when it actually tuns on?
6. Why is room temperature used as a measurement of warmth when not all rooms have the same temperature?

Management: @McWolf and Myself.

LONDON UNITED

@der meister @okochastar @Corco @Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @Peace  @TheFlash @MattyIce @WentzKneeFan036 @Biggreen10  @Strider @Nordin @Hendrix Cobberson @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers @16z @Eagle Eye @Flames1Fan  @Howie McMeeker  @Kolby @IHateBobNutting @HatrickRoy

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

1. Hello, I'm MattyIce, London United's new AGM.  Most of you know me, so that's a good thing.  What are your thoughts on the new AGM?
2. Do you think our competitive window is opening wide enough to make a legitimate Cup run???
3. We made some moves to bolster our prospect depth and keep some salary cap room handy, how do you think we handled the team during the offseason?
4. What are three things you could buy at a grocery store to make the cashier give you weird looks??
6. Why is room temperature used as a measurement of warmth when not all rooms have the same temperature?

1) I have no idea how you are so I can't say I have any strong opinion on you. Hopefully we can get to know each other while winning a cup soon enough!

2) Defense looks good and goalie should improve - looks like forward core may need some work though, as far as supplementing in some older guys into the new guys get up to speed

3) Prospect depth and salary cap room means we aren't trying to compete this year. We gave up a bunch of draft picks last year to get some players, so what are we doing? When you play the game of thrones you win or you die

4) Condoms, hot sauce, and a "vibrating massage stick"

5) Because we hate alarm clocks because they wake us up

6) I don't think I am high enough to answer this question sorry

2 hours ago, MattyIce said:

1. I don't know you but you seem cool so far.

2. I'd hope so but I haven't checked our roster yet. Hopefully we're competing but it's not that important to me.

3. I'm not sure what changes were made besides the draft but the other draftees seem cool so far so It seems like it was a good draft.

4. A Magic Mike DVD, A cucumber, and a dried salami

5. Because it's a clock and therefore always on. The alarm turns on but the alarm clock is always on. I don't actually know though.

6. It's the average temperature of rooms in the past whenever room temperature was determined.

Excited to see him in action, I know he's fit for the job and has all the tools but now it's finally time to give them some use with the extra responsibilities 🔨

Yes, were going to be in the run for seasons to come, I'll time will come ⏲️

3. We made some moves to bolster our prospect depth and keep some salary cap room handy, how do you think we handled the team during the offseason?

Good. The managers were patient when making decisions and kept things simple all the way through, that's how it should have gone down. We are ready now and in the future so there's no need for any drastic moves

That's a really good but hard question... I don't know, 5 different brands of toasters 🍞

5. Why do we say that an alarm clock goes ‘off’ when it actually turns on?

So true. Maybe because it shocks us and it goes off when you realise it? Off the chain means something surprising you.. Another brain thinker! (Crazy and exciting; delirious and wild) 🤯

6. Why is room temperature used as a measurement of warmth when not all rooms have the same temperature?

Are you going to be placing items that should be room temperature in every room in your house? If not.. Shouldn't be an issue for that measurement if you do each room separately. Plus I'm sure it's a ballpark number to aim for and doesn't need to be 100% accurate

13 hours ago, MattyIce said:

I don't know you much but I bet you're great and will be great.

I don't know much about the VHL so hopefully yes.

Well you got me in the draft so clearly you did well.

"Honey, I think I left my butt rash cream in the mayo aisle last tuesday when we were shopping for laser turtles."

Because why not.

Maybe your rooms are just the wrong temperature, but the rest of the world is in sync.

We always got along and from everything I've seen, it's well deserved.

Hell yeah.

I haven't seen most of it, but I think our first round pick is going to be huge for us.

I distract cashiers with my natural charm.

Silence goes off. It's a daily horror.

It's not meant to be taken literally, darling. He's referring to all manufacturers of dairy products.

New Questions:

1) Have you been keeping up with the NFL playoffs? Who do you want to win or do you not care about football

2) What other sports besides hockey would most interest you for a sim league?

3) How many hours a day would you say you average doing VHL related activities? 

4) Who would you consider to be London's biggest rival at the moment?

5) Hypothetical question - how much money would someone have to pay you to never visit or interact with the VHL again?

6) If the VHL ever held a Zoom meet and greet where everyone was allowed to show themselves on camera or voice chat if they choose, would you be interested? 

I would have watched the Super bowl if the bills were in it, but I am not a football fan. 

I still want some sort of fantasy RPG league.

I check in on the site many times a day, but I hope I don't spend more than about 30 minutes in a day doing league stuff.

Ourselves. When we are on our game, we are one of the best teams, but we are too inconsistent.

Does this have to be hypothetical? Honestly, it's a nice Escape from reality, but I could let it go for a couple hundred bucks.

Highly unlikely

1) Have you been keeping up with the NFL playoffs? Who do you want to win or do you not care about football

Not really, I know Tampa Bay and Kansas City won and are going to the Super Bowl, I don't mind whoever wins..

Im in a football sim league too, its pretty cool

Don't ask me this I'm the head scout... id say 5 hours a day lurking and planning, keeping up appearances

Warsaw.  Been them since we both began.

5) Hypothetical question - how much money would someone have to pay you to never visit or interact with the VHL again?

It would have to be a 4 digit number to even begin considering that

6) If the VHL ever held a Zoom meet and greet where everyone was allowed to show themselves on camera or voice chat if they choose, would you be interested? 

I'd be down for sure.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:11 PM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

New Questions:

1. I’ve been loosely following it. When I saw the semis I was hoping for a Bucs, Chiefs matchup. Now that actually happened so I’ll probably watch the Super Bowl. As a Patriots fan I’d like to see Tom Brady win but I also like Kansas City so either team is good to win for me.

2. My two favourite sports are Hockey and Golf so if I had to pick one it would be Golf. Could be kind of interesting actually to have a golf sim league.

3. Lately not much. In the past I would spend a couple days every other week doing stuff. Now I mostly just check in for the scores and see what’s up in the discord LR.

4. Helsinki has beat us a couple times this season so I’d like to change that.

5. It would have to be a decent amount. I care more about the interactions with people and the enjoyment of the league than money. That’s more applicable to just my general outlook on life though, rather than specifically the VHL.

6. That might be a lot but I probably would attend that. It would be kind of cool to at least do a team Meet & Greet or something.

Don't care enough to watch it, would rather play it on a video game or real life

Maybe a 3 on 3 sim league? Any sport. That or road hockey? Something totally different.. I'm in a baseball, cricket, football and two hockey ones right now. Thinking about it more, maybe a lacrosse sim league, wait a soccer sim! That has to be doable 

3) How many hours a day would you say you average doing VHL related activities? 

In a week.. About 7 and a half hours so probably an hour a day? Usually on the forum half the day at least though 🤪

Every team in our way to 1st place

5) Hypothetical question - how much money would someone have to pay you to never visit or interact with the VHL again?

Give me 100 bucks and I'm out of your hair 😉 Anybody willing to give real life cash for that would be crazy enough. Think I'd be shocked and not even answer lol

Yeah I don't mind, probably wouldn't be chatting it up though, God gave me two ears for a reason 

New week, new questions:

1) how are you doing (player)?

2) how are you doing (person)?

3) expectations for your player the rest of the season?

4) favorite recipe? Has anything changed about the recipe since joining London?

5) too early prediction: does London win a playoff round this season?

6) what's the first thing you want to do when the pandemic has passed?

3 hours ago, der meister said:

New week, new questions:

1) Well London is near the league basement and is in bottom half of goals allowed so not great

2) I just got a new job with a nice raise so that's nice. But generally kind of bored with it being winter and covid not a ton to do. I'll live

3) Stop sucking so much and at least be league average

4) Crock pots are way easier than cooking and still taste yummy

5) No I don't think we make the playoffs unfortunately

6) Hug my grandpop 

Well, he's performing way below what I had hoped tbh.  Let's hope there's a big turnaround for all of us

I'm hanging in there, I have my kids and family (on video chats), job is steady so I can't complain there.  This is a crazy world and in the grander scheme of things, I hope consciousness expands, not diminishes.

Get his ass in gear, he's the damn captain he should be setting an example.

Not sure what you mean by recipe and London, but the plan is keep going forward with things and not give up.  I like chicken parmesan, made some the other day!

Yeah you're right, it's too soon to tell if we even make the playoffs.

Go out to eat at a restaurant with my whole family.

New week, new questions:

Actually pretty good and I think I may be able to keep up the intensity the rest of the season instead of falling off like I did last year, happy about what I've been able to do so on the ice offensively and now I'm going to be focusing on being a more complete player the rest of the way so I can be depended on during bad momentum shifts

Great, thanks for asking. Moved recently and finally settled in my new home plus I got my laptop repaired so my internet life is complete once again

I expect to continue keeping up with the our star defenders in points and hopefully with increased checking I can be a physical threat too

Too many recipes to remember my favorite but nothing has changed. Still the same old same old recipe with extra butter and salt

Right now it doesn't look like it but hopefully we pick up the pace soon, if we do I can see our potential momentum carrying us through a round of rough and tough playoff hockey for sure!

Socialize more because I don't do enough of it anyway and the pandemic doesn't help anything haha

Edited by 16z

New Questions:

1) How frequently do you update your player?

2) What kind of animal do you think best describes McWolf?

3) Would you rather London win a cup or your favorite real life sports team?

4) If Vegas suddenly set lines for VHL games would you bet on it?

5) What kind of bear is best?

6) What NHL or pro hockey player do you think is under rated? 

New Questions:

Every time I have enough to advance one of the skills I'm focusing on, never banked TPE before intentionally 

Well a wolf but a wild one for sure, been in the woods for years hungry for his next meal.. Dangerous but quiet, waits for the perfect opportunity pounce and leaves without a trace. That kind

3) Would you rather London win a cup or your favorite real life sports team?

The United for sure, it wont be a bit until my team performs so I better get on the most hopeful side at this point haha

Nope, never bet and even if it included something I liked the dollar signs start are too big in my mind I never think about it

Something cheap, dirty and strong!

6) What NHL or pro hockey player do you think is under rated? 

Cody Ceci and Anthony Duclair, no explanation because I don't have one

Every week or two, you are starting to have an influence on me.

A trash-digging raccoon.

I don't really have a favourite real sport team, so I'll go ahead an say London.

Engine is way too random. I'd bet if it was somewhat controllable, but as it is right now, it would be a money sink.

Battlestar Galacticas

Barkov. I feel like he isn't mentionned when we talk about the true elite centers like McDavid or Crosby, but he does it all, takes close to no penalties, and he makes Carter Verhaege and Anthony Duclair look like first liners too. Pretty impressive

Asap every week

A teddy bear cuz he's good at snuggles

Favorite real team, sorry London

Hell no

I was gonna make an Office joke but it was already made, so polar is my answer

I only watch Sabres games, so it's a little limited, but I think Victor Olofsson is underrated, especially for his forechecking skills.

As often as possible haha.  Gotta hoard

Maybe a wolf?  Idk man.  A french wolf works

3) Would you rather London win a cup or your favorite real life sports team?

London.  Because I'm a part of it.  Plus montreal isnt winning any cups anytime soon haha

Sure I would.  But just for fun though.

A boo bear.

Kyle connor.  Kevin fiala are just a few I can think of

Moose: Every week, 12 Capped, 1 Practice, more Uncapped if I can get it.

King: "Hmmm. Animal that describes McWOLF, what animal describes our commander McWOLF... Mc... Wolf... I'm gonna go with an Falcon cause he snatched me up from Vancouver." 😜

Moose: The Detroit Red Wings are terrible right now so I'll take my London Cup win for now.

King: "Oh god no. This league is wild sometimes and that's a recipe to lose a lot of money."

Moose: @BanackockDA BEARZZZ!

I had to do it...

Moose: First name that came to mind was Anthony Beauvillier for the New York Islanders. Still leaerning, still progressing, but every time I see an Islanders' game he does something well that catches my focus. 

On 2/8/2021 at 1:26 AM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

New Questions:

1. Basically whenever I get enough TPE. At some point soon I need to start banking for regression though.

2. I feel like a wolf is actually fitting. He’s loyal to the pack, is intelligent, the entire group respects him, etc.

3. I’d have to go with real life. The atmosphere of just seeing a playoff hockey game is unreal. Also the excitement of winning is like no other.

4. I’m not really a betting person so not personally no.

5. “That’s a ridiculous question.” 
“False. Black Bear”

”Well that’s debatable, there’s basically two schools of thought.”

6. Mackenzie Blackwood has surprisingly good numbers considering he plays for New Jersey.

Fresh questions, United!

1) What does your normal day to day look like?

2) Music talk - what's your genre of choice?

3) Some teams have a post game tradition of handing out an item to the "player of the game". It could be a hard hat, a coat, whatever. What should London have?

4) it's almost lunch time. What's your lunch today?

5) do you have an NHL comparable for your player?

6) Are you going to buy my debut novel whenever it comes out? If yes, thank you. If not, how dare you?

@McWolf @okochastar @Corco

@MattyIce @Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @Peace @TheFlash @WentzKneeFan036 @Biggreen10 @Strider @Nordin @Hendrix Cobberson @IamMOOSE @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers@16z @Eagle Eye 

@Flames1Fan @Howie McMeeker@Kolby @HatrickRoy @IHateBobNutting

Edited by der meister

1 hour ago, der meister said:

Fresh questions, United!

1) What does your normal day to day look like?

2) Music talk - what's your genre of choice?

3) Some teams have a post game tradition of handing out an item to the "player of the game". It could be a hard hat, a coat, whatever. What should London have?

4) it's almost lunch time. What's your lunch today?

5) do you have an NHL comparable for your player?

6) Are you going to buy my debut novel whenever it comes out? If yes, thank you. If not, how dare you?

@McWolf @okochastar @Corco

@MattyIce @Boragina @SirRupertBarnes @Peace @TheFlash @WentzKneeFan036 @Biggreen10 @Strider @Nordin @Hendrix Cobberson @IamMOOSE @Nepto @Goliathus @tinafrombobsburgers@16z @Eagle Eye 

@Flames1Fan @Howie McMeeker@Kolby @HatrickRoy @IHateBobNutting

1. Work-Gym-FaceTime and watch tvshows with the girlfriend except game days and where I drink and watch the game! Game with my brother on the weekend and see my family. 

2. this is tough I love all music, maybe hip hop if I had too choose.

3. a child and that player has to take care of it until next game.

4. just some meat and cheese sandwiches with some fruit and veggies.

5. hmmm maybe a evander Kane type or Matthew Tkachuk but less of a douche.

6. but of course