London United Press Conferences

McWolf

1.  London finished last, but has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft.  Do you think London will have a lottery pick next season?

Anything is possible but I feel like we have a chance to sneak into the playoffs

2.  Do you play a musical instrument?  If so, why did you chose that/those instruments?

Nah, played the trombone and trumpet in public school though

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

Rj"chip"man

4.  Which British car manufacturer is your favorite and why?

Landrovers are my type of vehicle, they have tons of room and they're good on any terrain 

5.  Sean Connery passed away on Halloween.  Should we have a James Bond 007 Theme Night on opening night?

Why not? Themes are a good idea to keep the younger fans in their seats and entertained

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

That's hard to answer because I've answered so many questions and I'm in 3 leagues ?

20 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.c8b8fa88861f32bee2

London United Press Conference - Week Ending November 8th

1.  London finished last, but has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft.  Do you think London will have a lottery pick next season?

2.  Do you play a musical instrument?  If so, why did you chose that/those instruments?

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

5.  Sean Connery passed away on Halloween.  Should we have a James Bond 007 Theme Night on opening night?

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @SirRupertBarnes @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus

1. Probably unless something big changes.

2. Nope, but would be interesting to learn.

3. TT The T.

4. Aston Martin for sure (totally didn't google that).

5. Yeah sure, why not.

6. Why am I so handsome?

1.  London finished last, but has the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft.  Do you think London will have a lottery pick next season?

I hope not. I think we’ve got a solid team, hopefully we’ll contend for a spot in the postseason!

Nope, tried to learn the guitar as a kid and a few more times since but I don’t have the patience.

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

Fry

Damn, don’t know if I know any specific favourite. Is Jaguar British? I like those. 

Yes! Legend. RIP to that man. 

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

oh man, I’ve answered so many. No idea

London has made some nice acquisitions, I think they wont have a lottery pick.

I have tried playing guitar / bass guitar in the past, but i never got really far.

3.  Houston Bulls GM Rjfryman had a baby recently.  What do you think his middle name is?

Fry

Is McLaren brittish? If so, them, just for the f1 cars

Wasn't he scottish? Lets keep it to London guys :D

6.  Which question have you always been ready to answer, but never got asked?

Why are you posting in the London Press conference?

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.7634b736c0c813019bf5b397ee2bdac4.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday November 15th

1. What are your thoughts on our recent trades bringing in the likes of Jass, Killinger, and Magnum?

2. After these recent additions do you feel we’re a playoff team?

3. What teams do you think have the best defensive Corp in the league?

4. We no longer have a pick in the first two rounds. Is there a player you think will go in those two rounds that we should trade for a pick to draft?

5. It seems like a guarantee that LA will take Pistil Stamen 1st overall. Who do you think Toronto takes 2nd with our pick?

6. Do/did you follow along with the draft live? Or will you just check to see who we drafted afterwards?

@TTtheT @MattyIce @Boragina @Biggreen10 @der meister @Ninjaboi @SeamusSv

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus @McWolf @Peace @TheFlash @Corco

It's a big risk to move so many futures, but clearly McWolf feels like it's our time to shine. 

We better be!

I score on everybody, so none of them. By default, that means us.

If we're going all in, then nope. Just roll with it and push hard.

Doesn't matter to me. We're going to beat Toronto and whoever they draft.

Afterwards. Too busy to schedule a time like that. It's the reason I've never GMd here. Schedule inconsistency.

1. What are your thoughts on our recent trades bringing in the likes of Jass, Killinger, and Magnum?

I'm thrilled, knew we had a solid core ready for action but now we can actually make a run at the cup. Jass and Killinger on the blueline = deady and Magnum is a much needed addition to our up and coming offense

For sure. Yeah we might not kill it and or make the highlight reels every game but I think we have enough potential and momentum to push us to victory most nights now

Well we have to be up there, might not be the best but everybody has plenty of career left so the future looks bright. Actually after taking a look were up there with Moscow and Malmo as one of the best.. Sweet

4. We no longer have a pick in the first two rounds. Is there a player you think will go in those two rounds that we should trade for a pick to draft?

Nope, no clue who any of the prospects are this season, been focusing on taking my game to the next level but whoever joins us should at least be somebody who'll stick around and be somewhat active and consistent, the more players the better!

5. It seems like a guarantee that LA will take Pistil Stamen 1st overall. Who do you think Toronto takes 2nd with our pick?

Like I said before, I have no clue but I will say this year's draft class is filled with a lot of veteran talent, almost guaranteed superstars.. Maybe Red Lite goes 2nd oversll

6. Do/did you follow along with the draft live? Or will you just check to see who we drafted afterwards?

I like to follow along if I didn't miss it but usually check the results either way at least a few times after

Edited by ZP16

On 11/9/2020 at 7:54 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

1. What are your thoughts on our recent trades bringing in the likes of Jass, Killinger, and Magnum?

4. We no longer have a pick in the first two rounds. Is there a player you think will go in those two rounds that we should trade for a pick to draft?

@okochastar @Enorama @ZP16 @eaglesfan0366 @Nepto @Goliathus @McWolf @Peace @TheFlash @Corco

1) I was surprised we pulled the trigger this soon, but I am all for it. It shows a lot confidence in this team and hopefully we can reward our GM.

2) We will be in playoff contention, but I doubt this makes us cup contenders quite yet

3) London obviously! Even with Malone not having the most tpe this year the boys in front will make his job easy for him

4) In general it is really hard to trade future picks for current ones, so no I don't think it's necessary

5) Whoever they pick is probably a bust in gorlab's bust or lick article and will be a bust

6) I haven't followed it at all actually, I should probably look into that

On 11/9/2020 at 7:54 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

1. I think it's great, hopefully we can make waves.

2. Hell yeah, of course.

3. Us. 100% us. Not biased at all. 

4. Not really paying attention to the M.

5. I have no idea.

6. The latter.

New Questions:

1) London has started the year 3-0. At this current rate, they will never lose a game. Realistically, what do you think London's final record is?

2) Have you ever actually visited London in real life? If so what was your favorite / least favorite part?

3) Who is your favorite teammate?

4) We recently shut out Davos 5-0. Will they even be a rival this year or are they too bad?

5) Describe McWolf using an alliteration 

6) Whose logo do you like the most in the VHL?

On 11/18/2020 at 10:11 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1) London has started the year 3-0. At this current rate, they will never lose a game. Realistically, what do you think London's final record is?

2) Have you ever actually visited London in real life? If so what was your favorite / least favorite part?

4) We recently shut out Davos 5-0. Will they even be a rival this year or are they too bad?

Thanks for the questions, Gritty.

1) I think somewhere around 38-26-8, good for 84 points. That would place us ahead of Toronto, Helsinki, D.C. last season, just behind Seattle and Riga.

2) I have never even flied outside of North America. Haven't travelled much as a whole to be honest.

3) I love everyone on the team like they are my children. Don't make me choose my favourite child.

4) Well, to be fair, that's the only loss so far in 4 games. Things are not looking too bad for them, but it's definitely going to be a weird season. Like they were supposed to be one of the best overall team last season, but did poorly. On paper, they got worse, but in reality, missing the playoffs was a major fluke so it shouldn't actually get worse. We'll see, I guess.

5) Flawed Frenchie

6) Davos, Helsinki are classics. I like Malmo and D.C. a lot among the newer ones.

1-

I think we can crack the 40 win mark. Maybe 43-25-4?

2 -

Yes, and it was freaking awesome. We were there when england was doing really well in the world cup, which was fun. There were also trump protests at the time. The worst part was leaving. The best part was how accessible everything was. Pubs have vegan fish and chips. Museums are free. Etc.

3-

Whoever passes me the puck.

4-

They're a good team and we need to take everyone seriously 

5-

Magnificent Manager McWolf

6-

London, obv. Also good are Prague, Warsaw, and I love the color scheme of Malmo. Of course, I once formed a team in a startup league with the name Plague Rats, so I might not be the best judge of these things.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:11 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. Hopefully enough for a playoff berth.

2. Nope!

3. Mattyice is a great LR guy.

4. Nah they don't hold a candle to us.

5. Victorious VHL god...?

6. London of course!

Sky's the limit at this point, we are rolling out way through a lot of tough teams. 42-22-8

Nope only seen it in the movies or online

Nousiainen and I grew up in the same part of Finland, played against him in the juniors there so it was easy to connect with him in our native language

They're too bad to stand up to us!

Michievious McWolf Munches Molasses Monday's Meow!

Our logo, Vancouver, Riga and Helsinki

1) London has started the year 3-0. At this current rate, they will never lose a game. Realistically, what do you think London's final record is?

Well, a bit late but yes, we did! I think we finish the season in a good spot. Currently doing very well. I say we finish with somewhere between 40-45 wins.

I haven’t but my girlfriend went right before we started dating. She loved it, ill go someday.

Have to say our deadly goaltending tandem!

They are free points always! Jk I’m pretty sure they beat us after this

Great GM Good Guy 

Hmmm. Big fan of the Malmo logo.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, chatfan036 said:

New Questions:

1) I think we hit 40 wins this season personally. We have a great squad here and the couple new faces really bolster the lineup.

2) I've been to London Ontario when I was like 10. Obviously thats not the same but someday I'd like to go to Europe.

3) I'd have to go with @MattyIce just because he's been around the longest and I've talked to him more than anyone else.

4) My personal rivals are the expansion teams. I haven't built up a hate for anyone else yet.

5) @McWolf is a magnificent mate who makes meaningful acquisitions meant to make us marvelous champions.

6) London has grown on me a lot. My other favourites would be; Prague, Moscow, and DC. In the VHLM I love the Miami and Mexico ones.

92C7BAC4-E6D6-4A74-9DD0-6829AFBF75F8.png.dc35c314ffc5973f7f7f8a643b84e6f3.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday November 29th

1. What are you looking forward to most this season?
  2. Did you participate in the VHFL this season and if yes, how do you think you’ll do?
  3. Who would you say is the number one player from each position in the league right now?
  4. We’re off to a hot start. What do we need to do to keep it going?
  5. Is this the season we make the playoffs?
  6. What’s your favourite part about the VHL?

I was hoping for 50 goals this year. Now I'm hoping for 20.

Yes, and terrible since I drafted myself

Honestly not a clue. How about Magnum, Rose, and Malone?

As disappointed as I am in my season, knowing that we have the best depth scoring in the league is really solid. Keep that up and we're good.

100% yes.

I'm....not sure. That's a good question

• What are you looking forward to most this season?

Next game, taking things one game at a time right now and it's been two games without a point

• Did you participate in the VHFL this season and if yes, how do you think you’ll do?

Yeah and ended up managing a team, hopefully I did my job well and my group picked the best possible players so it's a good battle. I did my best last season, 3rd, if I can end the season in the top three I'd be thrilled.. TPE TPE TPE

• Who would you say is the number one player from each position in the league right now?

Goaltender - Lafontaine

Defender - Adrienne

Forward - Oferson

• We’re off to a hot start. What do we need to do to keep it going?

Honestly our team is up there and doesn't need much tweaking, maybe we could have more competitive line up matching, with the increased amount of organizations we see a lot more different results than usual, which is good for the weaker teams but they are a thorn in the side for the top teams if they decide to go 5DEF-0PHY-0SCR

• Is this the season we make the playoffs?

No doubt in my mind, the STHS gods have been blessing us thus far but whenever they aren't our goaltending and all around stars have been stepping up, one deadly recipe if you ask me. A little more talent and the rest of the league will be calling us cheaters

• What’s your favourite part about the VHL?

Statistics are my number one thing and the player pages are super cool but interactions with all the different types of minds on here has been the other half of my number one favorite thing about the league. It's been even more fun lately with all the activity too!

On 11/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, SirRupertBarnes said:

92C7BAC4-E6D6-4A74-9DD0-6829AFBF75F8.png.dc35c314ffc5973f7f7f8a643b84e6f3.png

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday November 29th

1. What are you looking forward to most this season?
  2. Did you participate in the VHFL this season and if yes, how do you think you’ll do?
  3. Who would you say is the number one player from each position in the league right now?
  4. We’re off to a hot start. What do we need to do to keep it going?
  5. Is this the season we make the playoffs?
  6. What’s your favourite part about the VHL?

1) Starting Malone's hall of fame career with a cup win with London

2) I did not participate because I always take too long to make my picks in the draft and people rightfully get mad at me.

3) Everyone who plays for London obviously

4) Honestly this roster is good enough to win a cup, I just hope I can get to enough tpe come playoffs time to not screw it up

5) Definitely we are off to such a great start so far giving lots of breathing room in case we falter

6) The community is consistently the reason I stick around - great group of guys and girls 

1. What are you looking forward to most this season? 
    London’s first playoff appearance! Glad to be apart of it

2) Did you participate in the VHFL this season and if yes, how do you think you’ll do?

I did, last I checked I was in second. I have a pretty solid team! Should do well

3) Who would you say is the number one player from each position in the league right now?

Oh man. Chad Magnum at forward, Erik Killinger at D and Kevin Malone in net.

4) We’re off to a hot start. What do we need to do to keep it going?

Don’t change a thing. We’re doing great, need to string a good win streak together! 

5)Is this the season we make the playoffs?

100%! might even mess around and win the conference!

6) What’s your favourite part about the VHL?

my team. In reality I’d say the portal.

Press Conference for the week ending on Sunday December 6th

1. Our hot streak has really cooled off. Do you feel our numbers now are more realistic or we're just in a slump?
2. Our goal scoring seems to have almost disappeared in recent games. How do you think we fix that issue?
3. Both of our goalies have .919SV% right now so the losses can't be on them. Do you think ultimately it's our lack of scoring or a somewhat lack of star power that's the problem?
4. Are there any teams surprising you in the standings this season compared to your expectations?
5. Do you feel there's a specific player that could help our situation in the league right now? If yes, what would you give up to acquire that player?
6. Do you follow 'The Mandalorian'? If so, what are your thoughts on the new season so far?

1. Our hot streak has really cooled off. Do you feel our numbers now are more realistic or we're just in a slump?

I think it's because there's parity in the league, and our weaknesses are showing.

2. Our goal scoring seems to have almost disappeared in recent games. How do you think we fix that issue?

My guess is line combinations and strategy, we have the players to try anything

3. Both of our goalies have .919SV% right now so the losses can't be on them. Do you think ultimately it's our lack of scoring or a somewhat lack of star power that's the problem?

I dont think we lack star power, maybe with some more time the whole group will finally gel together!

4. Are there any teams surprising you in the standings this season compared to your expectations?

Chicago and Warsaw.  I think we are much better than them, I suppose Simon hasn't said so.

5. Do you feel there's a specific player that could help our situation in the league right now? If yes, what would you give up to acquire that player?

Oh man that's not my place to say, we've got some potential star talent that have yet to shine.

6. Do you follow 'The Mandalorian'? If so, what are your thoughts on the new season so far?

No I don't follow that show.