Quick Interview with the Russian Review.

VinCal

Russian Review: I'm Alexei Volkov from the Russian Review. I recently caught up with Menace Forward Vin Calia and he was nice enough to give me a few minutes of his time.

AV: Thank you Vin, for giving me a few minutes of your time.

VC: Not a problem. I have time before my flight takes off to New York. What can I do for you?

AV: How was your rookie season? Everything you expected?

VC: For the most part it was. There was a bit of an adjustment to living in Moscow and getting use to  the Russian culture, but I caught on and adjusted rather quickly with the help of management and my fellow teammates. As far as on the ice, the game is so much faster then in VHLM. With Yukon I was a top scorer on my team and one of the better players in the league. Things didn't come as easy up here and I had to take a different approach to the game.

AV: When you say a different approach, what are you referring too?

VC: Playing style. Coach might ask me to pay attention to a different area one night then the next. For example if there's an agitator on the apposing team that will agitate our top players, I would take on the role of letting that agitator know he's not gonna get away that easy. This way the top players can avoid taking stupid penalties and avoid the Penalty Box.

AV: 9 goals 15 assist. Do you think this is the norm , now that you've reached the big leagues?

VC: Not at all. As the season went on my minutes grew and so did my offensive game. I expect even more growth next year.

AV: How do you feel about how the team did this season?

VC: I think the season went well. Everyone has a goal in the beginning of the season and that is to hoist the cup at the end of the season. Moscow was in a transition year and we had one of the younger teams in the league, yet me made a playoff run. This organization knows what their doing. I expect success every year from this team.

AV: I wont keep you  that much longer, just a couple of more questions. What will your off season be like?

VC: Well, I'm headed back to the States to be relax and spend sometime with my family. Then I'll start conditioning and make my way back to Moscow a month before training camp.

AV: Last question before I let you go and again thanks for your time. What to you is the best and the worst thing about playing in Moscow?

VC: This one is easy. The worst thing about playing in Moscow is the weather. I grew up in New York and dealt with some cold weather but nothing like what I dealt with here in Moscow. it is definitely something you need to get use too. The best thing about living in Moscow is the beautiful woman. The long blonde hair and green eyes is definitely a distraction, but one that I don't mind.

510 words. (Media Spot for Week ending 7/26

Edited by VinCal

• Admin
29 minutes ago, VinCal said:

AV: 9 goals 15 assist. Do you think this is the norm , now that you've reached the big leagues?

VC: Not at all. As the season went on my minutes grew and so did my offensive game. I expect even more growth next year.

Time to double that at least I think.