Chicago Phoenix Press Conference

JeffD

1.) Week 1 of S77 is in the books after 15 games the Phoenix sit 2nd in tha NA conference and 5 games over 500, with a record of 10-5-0, what are your feelings about our teams play in the opening week?

Pretty satisfied with it. It's clear we are a top team, we just need to fine tune and get that chemistry together and we will be dominating NA without problems.

2.) As defending Continental Cup champions do you feel like there is some added pressure to succeed?

Nope, I think it serves as motivation to go and do it again. This is a HUNGRY GAMER group of people in Chicago and we something like a fat bitch, we don't want just 1 ring, we want to keep coming back for more.

3.) How do you feel about your personal performance over the first 15 games of the season?

I'm not extremely excited about it, but I think L and R have both been serviceable to the second-line of defence of Chicago behind Socks and Elsby, so I'll take it at this point. 

4.)Being the one of the new guys in Chicago, everyone on the team has been recommending “Chicago Style” Pizza, which Pizzeria is the best in town ?

That would be 'Little Antonios' down on 114th and Broadway. Tell them R sent ya, and they will make you an amazing 6-inch meatball sub.

5.)In a HUGE OT Win over the Rival Toronto Legion saw Robin Winter come in the clutch scoring a hat-trick all within 5 minutes, 3 un-answered goals, tying the game with just 2 minutes left on the clock and the OT Winner 40 Seconds in , what was it like watching this unfold?

Not going to lie to ya, Elsby. I had a half chub going in my hockey pants. Ya love to see a hockey performance like that, it gets the blood pumping.

6.) What skill are you focusing on improving the most right now?

I've been focusing on improving my LEADERSHIP to the dismay of some people, but it's important stat imo and makes you play good'er.... I mean, better.  LEAD ME TO A CUP, MY MINIONS!!!! *whips rest of teammates* 

FQf3uAV.png

CHICAGO PHOENIX PRESS CONFERENCE

ANSWER 6 FOR 2 TPE; 3 FOR 1 TPE

1. Who's the best member in the VHL? What makes them the best in your opinion? You can even state the worst member, that was what I wanted to ask anyway :)

2. What's the best thing you have read or saw on twitter/instagram?

3. Who do you think is the favourite among the fans here in Chicago?

4. If you got stuck in an elevator and it shakes every 10 seconds, what would you do? Would you have a plan to escape this chaotic madness?

5. A flat earther came up to you preaching about the flat Earth theory. How would you react?

6. How many hours do you think gorlab sleeps in a day?

7. With our team having a ton of ageing players. What do you suggest is the next move for us?

8. How much white claw is actually in Lidia's body on any given weekend?

Spoiler

8 is a lucky number so I hope you get rich some day. 

1. Who's the best member in the VHL? What makes them the best in your opinion? You can even state the worst member, that was what I wanted to ask anyway

This is like asking a parent who their favourite child is, of course they have one, but they'll never admit it.

Is there a best thing on either of those platforms? I guess some cool pics of places I've never been?

Good question, with not really any wrong answers. I think I'll go with JPC, who just brings that icy cool demeanor in net no matter the situation. The confidence he gives us back there, it definitely translates to fans who never get anxious when he's in the net.

4. If you got stuck in an elevator and it shakes every 10 seconds, what would you do? Would you have a plan to escape this chaotic madness?

As someone who's been stuck in an elevator, it's hell. It gets hot and the air gets heavy. If you add shaking that's not coming from other people in the elevator, who you can tell to calk the fuck down, I'm climbing on their heads and popping the escape hatch in the ceiling. That, or somehow finding some superhuman strength and tearing the doors open, because FUCK THAT.

5. A flat earther came up to you preaching about the flat Earth theory. How would you react?

I'd probably laugh at first. Then ask if they're serious. Then I'd probably just tell them they're insane and to leave me alone.

Three.

7. With our team having a ton of ageing players. What do you suggest is the next move for us?

I don't think there's a need to worry too much about the future, right now. Oferson, Winter and Elsby are starting to get a little long in the tooth, but the rest of the team is pretty young and still improving our games. Chicago isn't going anywhere, any time soon.

Might be easier to find out how much of Lidia's body isn't white claw, tbh. Probably just the skin, on the weekends.

1. Who's the best member in the VHL? What makes them the best in your opinion? You can even state the worst member, that was what I wanted to ask anyway :)

I'm with Quik on this one. You will never get me to admit my favoxrites

my tweets.

I'd have to say Spencer Elsby ( @Spence King). This may be a bold claim since he's just joined up this season, but how could you not love his energy, enthusiasm, and output?

I could see this going two ways, honestly.

If I'm the only one in the elevator? I simply die. I am anxious the whole time and can't think straight, so I just give up.

If I'm not the only one in the elevator? I problem solve. I console everyone else who is freaking out and try to come up with solutions.

I'm sure that no one will be surprised when I say that this happened to me, and they almost convinced me. I was in the hospital, and one of my nurses was going on and on about all the evidence that just didn't add up about the moon landing and how the earth had to be flat. Like, when I was finally able to walk away from the conversation, I was genuinely like, "damn, they're really onto something."

He says that he gets enough sleep to be healthy, so I just take his word for it. If I had to guess, I would say anywhere between 3-5 hours and, like, 10 when he stays up for days at a time.

are you calling me old?????

Probably the majority. The rest is filled with spite-fueled competitiveness.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, gorlab said:

1. The season is starting today. How are you gonna wake up and get back to business after a long offseason? 

I've been sleeping since the start of the season and we are like 17 days in. Maybe I will wake up by trade deadline?

2. Time for too early predictions! Who's gonna be the MVP of the season? 

Well, I've delayed asking this question long enough that I can accurately predict that this season's MVP will be Andrew Su on Vancouver Wolves. Dude is a player apparently.

3. If you were lost on an island, who would u bring along and why?

I would bring along Les Stroud aka Survivorman and I would also bring a team of naval engineers so they could construct a craft for us to escape with. VHL wise? I'd bring Hogan so I could scoopslam him without him being able to call the authorities.

4. What's one thing that you like but others find overrated? 

Ummm maybe following pro sports? I know quite a few people who literally could not care less about any type of sports, and they pay 0 attention to pro sports.... So sports.

5. Did you know that the Earth has a butt hole? Can u figure out where it is? 
Yes I am not surprised that the earth has a butt hole. I was once told some wise words: "Live life on the edge of a butthole." and I think of that every day.

6. If your could tell your younger self one advice, what would it be? 

The winning lottery numbers on April 29, 2009 are 7, 20, 22, 29, 33, 49, and bonus number 48.

shut the fuck up

On 4/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, Blazzer said:

FQf3uAV.png

It's hard to name one. I have a lot of favorites, but my personal favorite has to be Selsby. He's helped me out with learning more about this league, and he made me want to continue to do my part to evolve the league. He was also my main motivation for VHT too. 

Definitely NHL memes. Not just one, almost all of them make me crack up. Evert time. 

It's gotta be Mingle. The guy keeps on scoring, he can tell jokes, and he can cook some damn good looking food. Great fan favorite here in Chi-Town. 

This is very specific, umm... I would hold on to something, seek out my different ways of escape, and jump out of the shaft and into a vent: Bruce Willis from Die Hard style. 

I would just walk away because I cannot stand their nonsense for a single second. Not the biggest fan of them as you can see. 

For him being the VHL's best degen, 3. 

Reveal hidden contents

The worst member is obviously @JeffD because he is inactive and GMs should be active and writing PTs about their teams every week.  I am also deliberately choosing not to name a favorite member so as to maintain my cool and marketable lone-wolf image.  (Shut up, stop laughing at me.)

I don't really use Instagram.  I do use Twitter, but to be honest it's just a neverending scroll for me a lot of the time.  So I don't know if I could point to a particular thing.  Also I'm too lazy to find something to link here.

Elsby surely has to be up there because of the impact he's had coming in as captain in his first season.  Probably Mingle as well because of all his seasons as captain too, and Socks for being one of the team's first draft picks. 

Probably not.  I'd just panic.  I'm not particularly good in stressful situations, normally I just kinda shut down.  And the kind of situations I get stressed in are much less dangerous than that so I can't imagine what I'd do there.  Who knows, maybe the adrenaline might make me a little more decisive but I wouldn't bet on it.

Try to engage as little as possible.  Probably give them a lot of "hmm"s and "oh?"s and so on.  Pay just enough attention so that it seems like I'm listening but not too much, then hope they tire themselves out or get bored.

I like to imagine he alternates between sleeping no hours one day and 16 the next.

Gracefully age into the sunset until our core is retired, then we'll all leave and let Jeff rebuild the team on his own this time.  See if he can do it without our and Hogan's help.

I'd say it flows through his veins.  According to Google there's about 40 liters of blood in the average human so uhh...let's go with that.

Edited by solas

1. Who's the best member in the VHL? What makes them the best in your opinion? You can even state the worst member, that was what I wanted to ask anyway :)

I am going to interpret the question as the best non-staff VHL "member" aka a plain old regular member, and the answer for who's the best member is me, gorlab. Who's the worst member? IDK, probably some inactive who doesn't contribute anything at all. I'll take negative contribution over no contribution any day.

Probably some adult content which cannot be re-posted or talked about on VHL forums/discord. 

I think Matty Socks has like the most history of all the current gen of the team, so I think it would probably be socks based on that and their level of play in the sims. Lee Xin a close second cuz they are like the type of player who works really hard but makes no stats, the true fans of the team will really love them.

I would try to press the emergency button or call 9-1-1 on my cell phone if possible. Otherwise, I would try to lay down and maybe try to have a nap if the shaking wasn't too violent and wait for someone to save me.

I would listen to their information and then tell them it sounds interesting and that I will take the time to do my own research in my own time and hopefully never run into them again. 

I can confirm gorlab receives a respectable 6 hours of sleep per day. If I have a day off, it's possible to catch me having a 10-12 hour sleep but on a regular basis I will sleep for a solid 5.5 to 6.5 hours per night. 

1. These questions are going up on a Wednesday; are you generally good about not procrastinating, or are you the type that gets everything done in the last minute?

No way, I procrastinate all the time.  I guess it depends on what I'm working on though, sometimes I get the inspiration to work on something earlier - but if it's work, it's usually done in the last minute.  That was true for me throughout college.

2. What's your drink of choice? Doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it can be.

I don't drink alcohol very often but if I do, I guess I'd go with a Corona.  If it's non-alcoholic that's a tough decision because there's a lot more to choose from.  I like flavored lemonades, I had a blackberry lemonade recently that was good and the peach lemonade at Wendy's is nice too.  I might go with a smoothie too, if that counts.  I mostly drink water though to be honest.

3. Chicago's been at roughly .500 for the last handful of games, what do you think we need to change to get back to form?

Stop allowing so many shots on goal.  Or at least JPC needs to play better in net, I feel like we let in too many goals in general.

4. What the hell is Warsaw doing this year that's making them so good?

I mean they were good last year and now without a strong Moscow team in their conference there's nothing holding them back, plus they've still got a well-built roster.  So I think maybe a part of it is them staying strong (maybe even getting better) compared to their competitors.

5. If you could redesign any logo in the league (VHL or VHLM), which would it be and why? What would you do differently?

I feel like my answer is pretty obvious here - I don't want to beat a dead horse so I'll try to be brief, I'd redesign Mexico City's logo to be actually accurate instead of dated and stereotypical.  Or even just a generic "Kings" logo, that'd be better than what they currently have.  On a lighter note, I'd also say Philadelphia and LA are two logos that I'd want to change.

6. It's alternate universe theme week! Which alternate reality would you like to live in most?

To be honest I feel like most alternate realities that come to mind from like, movies/TV/books would all be worse to live in than ours.  Probably because a fantastic world with no real problems wouldn't make for a very interesting story.  (I'm sure there's probably at least one story like that that's interesting, but I can't think of one). I would, however, like to live in an alternate reality where the Vasteras Iron Eagles still exist, and maybe you could be reading a media spot about that sometime soon 👀 

Edited by solas

1. I try not to procrastinate too much. I give myself some breaks here and there but I get my work done so I don't consider that procrastinating? But I have done things last minute and it wasn't a fun feeling.

2. Drink of choice is definitely not alcoholic. It'll have to be teh 'o' ice (tea with sugar in ice) or chinese tea ice. As u can tell it's all iced cause the weather here is ARGHHHHHH

3. What Jeff did recently was prob what we needed. I think we just have to play around with the strats because we have a pretty good team around with Winter, Socks, Jungkok and Marimoto lately being insane. It's all up to luck and hardwork of course.

4. It's the muffin power for sure. Like everyone in Warsaw eating muffins to win but I think muff is paying the stripes here. Oh maybe muff dug their eyes out

5. Houston for sure. It looks like a mess there with all the flames, horns and a head. Just too much going on there

6. Tbh I don't really understand what it means by alternate universe. The only thing I can relate it to is a different dimension in space that many people say exist through the blackhole. 

1. These questions are going up on a Wednesday; are you generally good about not procrastinating, or are you the type that gets everything done in the last minute?

I am the type that gets everything done last minute. Hence why I'm answering these presser Q's on a sunday. I'm very bad with procrastination.

1. What's your drink of choice? Doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it can be.

Very tough call as there are numerous good drinks out there. If I had to make a choice, I would go with iced tea, or maybe an Arnold Palmer which is half iced tea / half lemonade? Solid all-around drink IMO.

1. Chicago's been at roughly .500 for the last handful of games, what do you think we need to change to get back to form?

Just ride out the STHS randomness and not change anything. Keep our cup-winning formula/lines and we'll come good IMO.

1. What the hell is Warsaw doing this year that's making them so good?

Muff has harnessed and channelled meme magic to power up his team. Warsaw has a good group of memers and some specific memes related to them (see: muffbeav emote) which strengthens their aura and powers them up.

1. If you could redesign any logo in the league (VHL or VHLM), which would it be and why? What would you do differently?

I'd probably re-design Calgary (again) and just do something totally different without a horse. Maybe a pair of wrangler jeans?  I still hate their logo/team identity. 

1. It's alternate universe theme week! Which alternate reality would you like to live in most?

It's an alternate reality with adult themes and ideas, so it is not something I am capable of posting on the public VHL forums. Let's just say it's a reality which involves me, several beautiful large-breasted women, and several pounds of cannabis. 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:38 PM, Sonnet said:

FQf3uAV.png

2. What's your drink of choice? Doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it can be.
  3. Chicago's been at roughly .500 for the last handful of games, what do you think we need to change to get back to form?
  5. If you could redesign any logo in the league (VHL or VHLM), which would it be and why? What would you do differently?
  6. It's alternate universe theme week! Which alternate reality would you like to live in most?

1. Well, here I am doing a press conference for a team that I don't even play for any more, so that should be telling. Practice, welfare, "click the button, receive TPE" tasks I do right away on Monday. Stuff that actually takes effort? Yeah that's a weekend problem.

2. I like a lot of things. Beer of all sorts, wine of all sorts, rye and cokes, brandy/sherry/port. My "desert island" drink would be a modern hoppy session strength pale ale. A crisp golden beer with citrus and pine notes, appropriate bitterness, and alcohol content in the sub 5% range. 

3. I don't know, you guys have shitkicked Calgary when we've played you. Maybe juggle the lines a bit?

4. Steroids, and lots of them. 

5. Mississauga Hounds have a beautiful colour scheme, but I'm not sold on the logo. That said, I'm not a huge branding/aesthetics/logo guy so none of them really bother me. 

6. The one where STHS was so advanced that not only did it simulate the game, it also has a 3D presentation that would actually "play" the game out so you could actually watch the whole game like a real hockey game.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:38 PM, Sonnet said:

FQf3uAV.png

1. These questions are going up on a Wednesday; are you generally good about not procrastinating, or are you the type that gets everything done in the last minute?  Clearly I'm a procrastination master look at when I'm getting this done 🤦‍♂️
  2. What's your drink of choice? Doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it can be. YOOHOOS
  3. Chicago's been at roughly .500 for the last handful of games, what do you think we need to change to get back to form? there's ALOT I need to change and that's mainly my focus ! I need to get back in the LR as much as I can IRL is eating me alive 
  4. What the hell is Warsaw doing this year that's making them so good? Obviously it's @KaleebtheMighty
  5. If you could redesign any logo in the league (VHL or VHLM), which would it be and why? What would you do differently? Vancouver, The ideas 👀
  6. It's alternate universe theme week! Which alternate reality would you like to live in most? This alternate reality !!!! 

Well, I suppose it depends on how busy I am. If I know that my schedule is packed and have a lot to keep track of, I am great with time management. I flourish in stressful conditions like that. I'm generally pretty good about sticking to a schedule I set for myself as long as I feel like I've been fair.

That begin said, however, I posted my media spot for this week at 11:50pm. It's about priorities.

2. What's your drink of choice? Doesn't have to be alcoholic, but it can be.

I tend to choose water tbh. I do love a root beer float every once in a while though

3. Chicago's been at roughly .500 for the last handful of games, what do you think we need to change to get back to form

Is this still true? I have no idea. I'll be honest I don't really know exactly what it is you mean when you say that. I'm sure I could figure it out, and I'm nearly certain that my first guess would be right, but I am still regarding myself as unsure since it's not confirmed.

Are you suggesting that they weren't good last season? May I remind you that they were also in the run for the cup? They have not been and continue not to be a force to reckon with.

Mexico City. We all know why :)

none of them go read my theme week article

1. Just play as a team and keep it simple on the plays. We're gonna need all hands on deck to push us ahead as every point matters now. Hopefully we all can come up big time.

2. gorlab has to smoke and sit on the floor before a game so that's pretty weird

3. YES counting is the heart and soul of Chicago and it's our lucky charm. We just hit a milestone today so I hope things start to get better.

4. Downtime. I have VHL closed during school times nowadays so I don't get distracted. Tough cause I feel like I'm slipping away slowly.

5. Discord. I'm there all the time. It's just do people want to talk to me?

6. Fishmeister. I think that's a good one tbh cause the vibe and all just screams CHICAGO. But I don't mind having chicat back asa our mascot.

Playoffs are around the corner, and we're neck-and-neck(and neck) with the Legion and Bears for first in the West. What do we need to do to set ourselves apart from the others and claim that coveted top spot?

IMO it's hold steady with the lines and just accept the fate of Simon T. Rankings don't matter in playoffs IMO. We cup eatin regardless of finishing first playoff spot or last playoff spot.

It's pick on a teammate time! Which of your fellow Phoenix has the strangest superstition?

Hmm tough to decide because there is a bunch of weirdos here in CHI but maybe Christian Mingle's addiction to air fryer and being a toronto mans and saying 'sheeeeeeeeeeeesh'. 

@fishy claims that counting helped lead us to our championship in s76. Do you think that boost will continue this year, so we can start counting championship rings as well?

Actual factuals. Phoenix been putting in mad work and we hit a nice milestone before playoffs started, so I think we're definitely setup for success.

When are you most active in the VHL: during work/school, or when you have total downtime?

Tough to say but probably when I have total downtime aka days off / vacation. That tends to be when I make most of my sigs and chit chat the most with VHL general on discord. 

If you could choose between the forums or Discord exclusively for communication within the VHL, which would you choose and why?

Tough to say as both have a place, but I am ashamed as an OG Member choosing Discord. I remember the times before Discord and how a ton of communication was done through the forums, and they were good times... but Discord is way more convenient, even though you miss a ton of discussion via discord compared to forum. 

What would the ideal mascot for the Phoenix look like? What would be their name?

A cat that is on fire and his name would be firecat. Possibly in animated gif form. 

Playoffs are around the corner, and we're neck-and-neck(and neck) with the Legion and Bears for first in the West. What do we need to do to set ourselves apart from the others and claim that coveted top spot?

We need to start playing better. Plain and simple, we've been very inconsistent and it's hurt our results. If we play the way we can, there isn't a team in the verse that can rustle my jimmies.

It's pick on a teammate time! Which of your fellow Phoenix has the strangest superstition?

To be honest, there's a ton, but I think L and R's need to tape each other's shin pads and sticks before every period is a bit weird...but if it works, it works.

@fishy claims that counting helped lead us to our championship in s76. Do you think that boost will continue this year, so we can start counting championship rings as well?

Yes. #10KStrong

When are you most active in the VHL: during work/school, or when you have total downtime?

During work, for sure. When I'm at home, I'll check the discord, but gotta have that balance.

If you could choose between the forums or Discord exclusively for communication within the VHL, which would you choose and why?

I feel like this is entrapment...

What would the ideal mascot for the Phoenix look like? What would be their name?

Hmm, I like both gorlab and blazz's ideas. I personally would go with the obvious and say we should have Phoenix Person be our mascot...

Top 30 Phoenix Person GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

On 4/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, Blazzer said:

FQf3uAV.png

Thats EASY ! Its obviously @Blazzer ❤️ 

The first time Andrei Svechnikov pulled off the michigan move in game 👀

ive got say its pretty easy with that one i see the most JPC jerseys out there

pray for my dear life , oh my .... 

just walk away , i dont have time for that ignorance... you cant fix stupid 

hopefully 6-8 ? 

Reveal hidden contents

Well I'm answering these late so the season's already finished, and by this point we've already gotten first.  So whatever it was, I guess we've already done it.

I mean...I guess the counting is a superstition in a way.  @Quik also does this thing where he puts a bunch of water in a sandbox to try and make cement, then shows it to the rest of the team.  I don't get the point of that.  You have to clean the sandbox every time.

fishy claims that counting helped lead us to our championship in s76. Do you think that boost will continue this year, so we can start counting championship rings as well?

I certainly hope so.  If anything, the sheer power coming from our 10,000+ counting total could have even more of an effect than last year.

Downtime for me.  It's basically impossible to be checking the VHL when I'm at work, save for my break time.  Although downtime doesn't necessarily guarantee activity for me.

You know, it's funny, if it wasn't for this team and the experience I've had with JPC I would've said the forums but now I think I'd go with Discord, if only because I actually get to have conversations with people more often.  But that's only if I had a choice between the two - I don't think I'd ever want to completely get rid of the forum, there's too much nostalgia in it for me.

I'm going to eliminate an actual Phoenix because that's just too obvious.  I'll go with @Sonnet's dog Lucky because he's cute and seems very happy all the time, and that's the sort of energy I'd like our team to have.

Edited by solas

It's time to get back out there and defend our title. How do we stack up against the rest of North America this year?

Well, I ain't scared of these bums.

The top of EU this season has looked threatening, which NA team (if any) has the best chance to knock them down a few pegs in the cup finals?

Chicago.

Call it now- which of your teammates is taking home the Kanou (playoff MVP)?

Winter.

Which of our new additions made the biggest impact for us in the regular season, in your opinion?

Elsby.

June 4th of this year is a date that's been hyped up a little bit. What do you think is going to happen on that day?

Probably hit some bars.

If you could choose the slogan or motto for our playoff run this year, what would it be?

Win.

It's time to get back out there and defend our title. How do we stack up against the rest of North America this year?

I think pretty much all of the top four teams are pretty close considering how we ended up in the standings.  I still believe we're the most talented team in the conference but our depth has been reduced from last year so 

The top of EU this season has looked threatening, which NA team (if any) has the best chance to knock them down a few pegs in the cup finals?

Tough to say honestly.  Disregarding Chicago, I think a lot of the teams left have a good shot to be honest.  Toronto could have a good chance if Hornet turns it on, LA has strength in depth, and you can never really count out Seattle (especially with their talent this year).  

Call it now- which of your teammates is taking home the Kanou (playoff MVP)?

Robin Winter for sure.

Which of our new additions made the biggest impact for us in the regular season, in your opinion?

Gotta be Elsby.  Leading the team in assists and being tied for the most points is really good - especially as a defenseman.  Also shoutout to Jungkok for his goalscoring output.

June 4th of this year is a date that's been hyped up a little bit. What do you think is going to happen on that day?

Some people might do some dumb things.  Maybe I'll meet up with a friend I haven't seen in a while, or go to the movies, or something.  I feel like I don't even know what to do for social activities.

If you could choose the slogan or motto for our playoff run this year, what would it be?

sarah

1. I think it'll be tough as the competition is tight this time round with LA now up to two. But I have faith that our team can make it through and come out as winners once again.

2. I really think LA is the dark horse this season with some exceptional wins with some depth on their team. They have come a long way during their build and it's their time to kick ass now.

3. I have to say Winter cause he is cold. 

4. Elsby has made it big here in Chicago and I'm glad to see him do well

5. It's the pre-celebration for the july 4th party. You always have to prepare ahead and be ready to down some booze so that's training.

6. Lidia is IA

Well. That was awkward. What went wrong?

Puck didn't go in net enough times. Train hard, come back for vengeance next year.

Who's the first person you're going to take golfing, now that we're not playing hockey?

This is vague, any person, or someone we know? I'm gonna go with any person and shout out Tommy Bahama.

We have a lot of unrestricted free agents this season, who would you like to see re-sign and make a return?

I mean, we lost...idk, *should* we bring anyone back from this disgraceful end to our season? Or maybe we should burn it all to the ground.

Chicago doesn't pick until the 3rd round this year. Do you think we'll be able to uncover some hidden talent with our late picks?

I think we'll definitely find a goalie or two with those picks.

It's almost the offseason, which means it's almost vacation time. Where will you be spending our time off, in our COVID-free simulation world?

Probably somewhere that's warm and has a beach, and a lot of booze to forget about these playoffs.

Who's the funniest teammate you had all year, and why?

Winter's always got me in stitches. He's not necessarily trying to be funny, but the lack of fucks given is always entertaining.

1. Well. That was awkward. What went wrong?

i can think of a few things, but all i'll say is that we can't win 'em all. maybe all our luck ran out. who knows.

2. Who's the first person you're going to take golfing, now that we're not playing hockey?

sonnet ur boomer is showing

3. We have a lot of unrestricted free agents this season, who would you like to see re-sign and make a return?

um??? what kind of question is this??? of course i want people to return. doesn't get better than playing hockey with your pals

4. Chicago doesn't pick until the 3rd round this year. Do you think we'll be able to uncover some hidden talent with our late picks?

i sure hope so. geojeff may have a trick up his sleeve. at least i hope so.

5. It's almost the offseason, which means it's almost vacation time. Where will you be spending our time off, in our COVID-free simulation world?

well, i know they just opened up a new send office* really close to me. may spend a couple nights at the b&b on the moon that everybody has been talking about.

* = you know, the ones with the space ships. they've been around for years now. how do you not know about this?

6. Who's the funniest teammate you had all year, and why?

winter just doesn't give one fourth of a single flying fuck about what anyone thinks, and it's hilarious. i've never met someone more forward or blunt. someone i never want to cross.

same shit for L. he shows up with the intention of bringing heat and could not care less about what people think of him.

mingle thinks quickly. if there's a line to snag into a conversation, he'll always take it. you can count on it. there are very few missed opportunities.

camus also has a habit of laughing along and then throwing in one liners. it's great.

xin has a habit of doing that as well. he'll show up out of nowhere and just wreck them.

marimoto keeps us on our toes. you never know what to expect, and it's hilarious.