Happy Birthday VHL!

Beketov

• Commissioner

Happy 13th Birthday Animated GIFs - Download on Funimada.com

Hey VHL @Members,

Today, Saturday July 18th, the VHL becomes a teenager, as it celebrates its 13th Birthday! We opened our doors in 2007, and it's been a hell of a ride getting here, as we have grown from a group of 56 members and 8 teams, to having over 200 players, and 28 teams, between the VHL and VHLM, in Season 73. Through it all, we've seen original members, who started with the league as teenagers themselves, grow into adults with families and jobs, and we've seen new members come in with that same enthusiasm that gripped every one of us when the league began. It's been an amazing ride, and it is amazing to see the league continue to grow each, and every season!

To commemorate the league's birthday, we are giving all members a Triples Week, which adds 12 Uncapped TPE to any 6-TPE Point Task (Welfare/Pension/Affiliate PT are not included), as well as a 1 Uncapped TPE claim. To claim these perks, which conveniently add up to 13 Uncapped TPE, all you need to do is post in this thread a memory you have from when you were 13. If you are not 13 yet, post something you look forward to when you turn 13.

73pKPb6.gif

Note:

• This thread will remain open until 11:59PM PST on Saturday, July 25th.
  • Birthday perks may only be claimed on one player per member
  • Birthday perks must be claimed by Sunday, August 16th (aka before the S73 Trade Deadline)

• Commissioner

As usual any job that replaces a PT can make the claim without a PT.

Since there is no Triples Week option on the portal just claim as “Other”

PT for triples claim:

When I was 13 I convinced my family to buy the nhl centre ice package to watch hurricanes games, since I’m well out of their local market and couldn’t watch them unless they were playing a Canadian team. This would turn me from a casual hockey fan to an extremely invested hockey fan.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:48 PM, Beketov said:

If you are not 13 yet, post something you look forward to when you turn 13

this is a trap

anyways i don't really remember anything major from when I was 13 probably was like the last year i ended up playing minecraft/csgo with my old minecraft friends i met when i was 9

Edited by Nykonax

That was truly long time ago but what I can remember is my first Youth Guard camp (Youth Guard is Latvian youth military organization, teaching about our armored forces, teaching everything from military tactics to survival). It was all-nation wide camp and I was one of the youngest sent there as usually people at 16/17 go to these national level camps. It was a whole new world. That said, my fondest memory was when we went to the cafeteria marching and Youth Guard equivalent from UK dressed up in their parade uniforms and it almost seemed like flexing against our simple uniform. We had pleasure talking and spending around 8 days together and one of them I still keep a contact with after these 10 years. It is quite remarkable. 

Happy birthday VHL!

When I was 13, I remember getting an Xbox 360 for my birthday, and playing the shit out of Rock Band. Also biking around the city with my friends all the time. My friend also body checked me through my door to my room, which is still broken to this day.  

I remember 9/11 happening when I was 13 years old. My mom's friend wouldn't believe me when she picked me up to drive us to school that morning.

I remember even in Saskatoon, SK that the school day was called off, and tv's were setup in the auditorium playing news feeds for anybody who wanted to go and watch.

3 minutes ago, Mongoose87 said:

When I was 13 my buddy was the National champion Lego builder. He soon a trip for 4 to Lego Land. He was an only child. Guess who got to go?

Probably he took another buddy?