Happy Birthday VHL!

Beketov

Happy Birthday VHL!! I am really new to and just joined yesterday. I hope to have many experiences and memories to come.

When I has thirteen I actually played little league baseball and remembered getting clonked by a 75 MPH baseball. Which let me tell you HURT.

Happy birthday! I hate teenagers! I hate you vhl you good for nothing lousey kid! Why don't you get up from that darn phone of yours and go do some real work! Back in my day, we had to fight dinosaurs for fun! Carry volcanos to save villages!

When I was 13 my favorite NHL team won the Stanley Cup.
Happy Birthday VHL!

The VHL is older than Elijah lol

When I was 13, I pretty much spent my entire free time playing either Call of Duty (MW2) or RuneScape. Like I would get home from school, play call of duty, eat dinner, do homework, then play call of duty until bed. I played those maps so much that despite it having been like a decade since I played that game I probably still have most of the maps memorized

When I was thirteen I tried out for my high school's soccer team, ended up on the freshman team and then quit because I hated doing the running.  Wish I'd stuck with it.  Coincidentally, I believe I would have been in my very early days as a VHL member at that age.

Happy birthday VHL!

2 minutes ago, Chinjim_17 said:

Happy Birthday VHL!! I am really new to and just joined yesterday. I hope to have many experiences and memories to come.

When I has thirteen I actually played little league baseball and remembered getting clonked by a 75 MPH baseball. Which let me tell you HURT.

I was the kid that never moved out of the way of a pitch. I would take the hit, brush off my shoulder and trot to first. 

9/11 was the biggest memory of being thirteen. TVs were on in every room of the school all day, there was no teaching that day. We more or less watched it all unfold, of course not knowing what was happening. It was impossible to get on the Internet because so many people were trying to use it to find out what was going on and contact loved ones. 

I've never seen the United States as... united as it was on September 12th. Humanity always finds a way to shine through during our darkest hours, and that day was no different. Congress standing arm in arm, singing, "God Bless America," that's something I'm not sure we'll ever see again. 

When I was 13 I went (well more forced if anything) to go to a missions trip to Atlanta. We went to a mosque to talk to Muslims about their faith. Instead of that, I went and bought a Mexican coke nearby and sat with a bunch of people and watched soccer. Chelsea was playing somebody, can’t remember.

Good laughs and good times meeting people from other countries. Much nicer to do than get mad at people for faith reasons.

When I was 13, I was big into athletics and I was absolutely buzzing when the UK Men's team won the 2004 Olympic 4x100M Gold Medal. 

I've been here a long time on and off, and this birthday for the VHL just reminds me even more of how fucking old I am. I started back here when I wasn't even an adult, now I've grown my whole life, grown into a way better person and overall had so many memorable experiences here in my current run in the league. 

It's been a blast ❤️ 

When I was 13 years old, I ended up winning an audition to play the organ for the Flames for one period. It was fun but I didn't realize it was one period only so I ended up saving my best songs for...nothing. Still fun, got a free jersey and got to watch my first live hockey game.

Man y'all make me feel old.  At 13 I was finishing 7th grade at a school I had just moved to.  It was my first year playing basketball and I was won most improved player.  It basically meant I went from sucking really bad to just sucking.  Played a lot of Sega Genesis, I was probably hooked on Coach K's College Basketball at the time.  My mom was also married to a pretty big POS, it made the awkward teenage years not very fun.

Happy birthday VHL!!!!!

9/11 it's definitely my biggest memory from when I was 13. My history teacher had a husband who was a pilot and seeing her freak out was pretty scary. (He was safe) I definitely feel like we had to continue going to class though. Also playing a lot of Tony Hawk pro skater 2. Everything else is pretty hazy lol.

I remember being excited for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to come out. I still remember watching a review of the game. They said the graphics were so realistic that it was getting scary. The game looks ridiculous these days, but back then, I remember being so hyped up. 

A memory when I was 13? Let me think...that was...2001 so 19 years ago. I remember discovering online communities and forums and stuff around then to be honest or already just in the middle of that type of stuff. Thanks to a old wrestling game called With Authority!. It was a "WWF" (yes that told) card game at the time. It bridged me into E-Feds (basically this but with Pro Wrestling and you have a group grade your promo's to determine who wins matches) as well as another game called Master of the Squared Circle which I still know some people on FB from. 

It is crazy to imagine that 13 was ten years ago, and in 7th grade I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I was focused on getting A's, playing fantasy sports, and still playing hockey. Though I hated it then, I definitely would never want to go back to middle school. ?