Happy Birthday VHL!

Beketov

When I turned 13 I had two choices either play football or learn guitar. I decided learning guitar would be the right choice for me. To this day I think it was the right choice as I got to play in the marching band for 2 different instruments during my senior year and originally went to university for music because of that choice. 

When I was 13 my sister and I were on the same hockey team, a forward on another team started to shit talk me ( the goalie). My sister was a very calm personality and had the least penalty minutes in our league.  That being said, she laid that girl flat on her back with one move. If i ever make a D-Man I’ll have  to name her after my sister because with that one move I knew my sister would always have my back. So there are some warm and fluffy hockey feels for the VHL’s 13th Birthday ? 

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Devise said:

A memory when I was 13? Let me think...that was...2001 so 19 years ago. I remember discovering online communities and forums and stuff around then to be honest or already just in the middle of that type of stuff. Thanks to a old wrestling game called With Authority!. It was a "WWF" (yes that told) card game at the time. It bridged me into E-Feds (basically this but with Pro Wrestling and you have a group grade your promo's to determine who wins matches) as well as another game called Master of the Squared Circle which I still know some people on FB from. 

You also joined this shit through e-feds? That’s how I got started. Might as well turn that into my memory as well since I don’t remember much and it’s around the right time period.

Was online on this text based wrestling site that I think is still running but I can’t remember the name of and came across a link to an e-fed that was simmed in something called Zeus Pro. Shame the engine is now dead (I think) because it did an amazing job of simming and you could import and create basically any kind of match, was pretty cool. Anyway, that led me to hockey sims which led me eventually to the ESHL and then the VHL, so that’s how you fucks got stuck with me 13 years ago to the day.

I got elbowed in the face playing touch football at recess and the teacher freaked out and thought my nose looked weird so sent me to emergency incase I broke my nose. Turns out I just have a funny looking nose that liked to bleed.

For me 13 would have been around 2002/2003.  I was really into these online browser army games like Kings of Chaos and Dark Throne (these kinda remind me of Clash of Clans but way ahead of it's time) , and similar games like Galaxis and OGame.  In Dark Throne I was super active in the clan i was in and was promoted to an officer position.  I spent soooo much of my free time on our clans InvisionFree forum.  Being on the VHL forum reminds me of those fun times.

Also my memories of being 13 years old are older than a decent chunk of the member's and that makes me sad.

Edited by Garsh

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Happy 13th Birthday Animated GIFs - Download on Funimada.com

Hey VHL @Members ,

Today, Saturday July 18th, the VHL becomes a teenager, as it celebrates its 13th Birthday! We opened our doors in 2007, and it's been a hell of a ride getting here, as we have grown from a group of 56 members and 8 teams, to having over 200 players, and 28 teams, between the VHL and VHLM, in Season 73. Through it all, we've seen original members, who started with the league as teenagers themselves, grow into adults with families and jobs, and we've seen new members come in with that same enthusiasm that gripped every one of us when the league began. It's been an amazing ride, and it is amazing to see the league continue to grow each, and every season!

To commemorate the league's birthday, we are giving all members a Triples Week, which adds 12 Uncapped TPE to any Point Task (Welfare/Pension/Affiliate PT are not included), as well as a 1 Uncapped TPE claim. To claim these perks, which conveniently add up to 13 Uncapped TPE, all you need to do is post in this thread a memory you have from when you were 13. If you are not 13 yet, post something you look forward to when you turn 13.

73pKPb6.gif

Note:

• This thread will remain open until 11:59PM PST on Saturday, July 25th.
  • Birthday perks may only be claimed on one player per member
  • Birthday perks must be claimed by Sunday, August 16th (aka before the S73 Trade Deadline)

How do u claim the tpe? 

13 years old. Hmm. Back in Grade 6 or 7.

Well, in Grade 7 I threw a party at my house. My mom was away on some vacation, so I had people over after school on a Friday. My house was pretty decent for parties, especially for Grade 7s. I had a trampoline, a hot tub, and a nice TV. Bikes, skateboards, and whatever else. Lots of toys.

Long story short, about 20 or more people showed up. My mom said "no parties", and a big one happened. During the party, I could see things getting broken, and messes left everywhere, so I was getting a little worried about the cleanup.

After the party, it's easy to guess. There were pop cans everywhere, one of our wooden futons was broken, there was stuff all over the yard, and whatever else. For whatever reason I made the decision to clean it up later, and left with my buddies to do more stuff. My mom showed up back from vacation early to the whole mess. I get a phone call on my Motorola T720 (I remember my first phone) to my mom screaming. I was grounded for a week.

She wrote up some letters that she printed for me to hand out to my friends, which was like a few paragraphs describing why it wasn't okay for me to throw that party, respect for a home, and some other stuff. Obviously, I never gave out those letters.

• Commissioner
23 minutes ago, Blazzer said:

How do u claim the tpe? 

Link to your post and claim it under “uncapped -> other -> other” when you have a PT in the same week.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Link to your post and claim it under “uncapped -> other -> other” when you have a PT in the same week.

And the 1 tpe is linked from the 13 yrs old memory thread? 

13 was the age I started watching hockey.. Anaheim Vs. Ottawa in the Stanley Cup Finals (not sure if I watched the whole series or a couple of games but I know I remember the cup ceremony)

https://vhlforum.com/topic/87201-kankkunen-speaks-to-media-after-a-long-flight-from-finland/?tab=comments#comment-763344

+13, claiming this next week because I claimed welfare but ended up posting a PT

Edited by Z16

I was 13 when I got my very first job as a butcher’s assistant. I was making sausages and beef jerky. Jerky is so so so good when it comes fresh out of the smoker!