Happy Birthday VHL!

Beketov

My 13th year will always be remembered as the year I lost my virginity. For better or worse, that's what it was. Some people, if they somehow find that out, are like no way that's crazy. And I'm like ya it's actually quite awful. Because it also means I have a memory of having sex with a 13 year old. Sure, I was 13 at the time, but it's something you try to put behind a massive mental barrier and never remember.

So thanks @Beketov.

Spoiler

2a8a9e80-4ed6-4f6f-b504-fd11fbca2531.png

13 years old ironically enough was 2007 for me. I remember rounding up all the kids in the neighborhood to play street hockey. We had probably 10-15 kids at different times of all ages and we just played. Sticks in the middle, two captains toss them to either net where goalies were and that was teams. Totally random. We had a lot of fun during that time. It's probably one of the last few good memories I have of my life.

Media Spot, ye ye

13 years old was around the time I started high school, which was a significant transitional period for me. I wasn't much of an extracurriculars kind of student, but (unsurprisingly) found a home in my high school's math team and science club. I was younger than most of my classmates and honestly had a pretty hard time making friends even through high school - but for me, just having a forum to discuss what I liked about science and math or explain problems to others was an important part of becoming who I am today (even if I still have a little of my old social anxiety).

When I was 13,  my dream car was a mustang with mufflers and I thought that was really cool, now I feel like people who make their cars really loud are trying to compensate for something else lol

When i was 13 i was first appointed captain of my local ice hockey under 15s team. I was the youngest on the side by i had been classed as a good leader on the ice who wasn't scared to shout and get stuck in. I remember this being the season i swapped from being a forward to a defender too and i just massively increased.

I also got to meet Ron Shudra at this age and it helped me decided who i wanted to aim my game after!

My grandpa used to take me to a bunch of WHL games when I was younger, but one sticks out in my memory the most. Obviously I was thirteen, but in this particular game the home team was being shut out, so I fell asleep during the second intermission. Well -- before puck drop -- my grandpa entered me in a giveaway the club was hosting, and if I recall correctly it was a signed jersey by the team. They drew the winner in the third period, and I won, but because I fell asleep my grandpa wouldn't let me get the giveaway.

It was one of the last times he ever took me to a WHL game.  

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, Shaka said:

My 13th year will always be remembered as the year I lost my virginity. For better or worse, that's what it was. Some people, if they somehow find that out, are like no way that's crazy. And I'm like ya it's actually quite awful. Because it also means I have a memory of having sex with a 13 year old. Sure, I was 13 at the time, but it's something you try to put behind a massive mental barrier and never remember.

So thanks @Beketov.

Reveal hidden contents

So reminding you of childhood trauma is what keeps you around? Got it, perfect.

When I was 13, I was being homeschooled for the first year. That would have been lonely, except every day I would go outside and play some kind of sport in the cul-de-sac with my friends. Street hockey, baseball with a tennis ball (hooray, home runs!), soccer, you name it, we played it. It was awesome!

When I was 13 all I remember was dedicating my life to playing Black Ops 2 and getting diamond shotguns instead of working on my grades that were plummeting into the ground

When I was 13 I started hanging with a group of friends and I'm still friends with them to this day. Just hangout with all of them this weekend. 

When I was 13 I had just moved from the south side of Chicago to the suburbs, and it was actually the first chance I ever got to play hockey. I grew up in a predominantly lower class neighborhood and had never even been exposed to hockey until I moved, glad I did haha.

So many old asses here jesus christ

2010 was a wild time for me. I spent literally every spare moment playing... I guess Black Ops at the time. Definitely got more invested in both MW2 and MW3 on the flip sides of the year though.

1 hour ago, KnightRiley said:

When I was 13 I met my best friend on COD zombies

This sounds like the start of a Netflix Original.