Happy Birthday VHL!

Beketov

When I was 13 my brother got me a new pair of Graf mitts for my birthday with his allowance money, which I appreciated since the kid was only about to turn 10 at the time. Used those things for like 10 years before I finally got a new pair. 

being thirteen , i remember very well because that was the year i was selected to play on a selects team to represent ontario in Finland and Sweden at the AAA level, my first time playing AAA. Later that summer i was invited to the summer tryouts for the AAA team i had no intentions or honest opinion of my ability to make the team however , after playing with the team over the summer and after tryouts i was offered a position on the team. I went from Peewee B to Minor Bantam AAA over the summer . I eventually decided that at that time hockey was not my calling and i would not be getting the ice time or development i wanted at that point in my life and i chose not play AAA hockey until later in my life when going back in Midget after using that time to finesse my skills and dominating at the level below triple AAA while spending my summers training with the AAA team and eventually moving onto Highschool hockey before hanging uo the skate and pursuing my passion in scouting. This passion was brought to me and opened my eyes by the man that made my hokey journey what it was and that was my coach when i played in europe and the knowledge and IQ he installed in me an confidence allowing me to harness my skills and abilities to become the best Hockey player and Hockey scout as well as coaching along side him . I will never forget that year and that 13th birthday ! Thank you VHL for everything and i hope my story can brighten or bring a smile to someones face in sharing these great memeories , Love the Idea and love you all here !!! 

I don't remember any particular things from when I was 13. I remember around that time, in middle school doing a "research experiment" for a class on the effects of caffeine on Call of Duty performance. I actually hated it because we only played the same map with the same class for like 4 hours against bots.

When I was 13 I remember we moved back to the mainland after spending 8 years on Guam. It was a real shell shock to come from an tropical island to the south. I went from riding my bike to the beach and snorkeling to being landlocked and confused.

I dont really have nay old memories as I just  started my career. but Happy birthday anyways. good to see its been around for so long .

Happy Birthday !

Edited by MSO94

28 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

When I was 13 I figured out what a shit hole New Jersey was. That being said it was because my older cousin took us on trips to the city and we understood there wasn't much to do there.

@.sniffuM

What "city" did you go into lol, usually you can find plenty of shit to do in jersey. Just gotta look!