VHLM Predictions (Moose)

IamMOOSE

After what seemed to be a quick offseason, we’re off to the races on another VHL/VHLM season. Season 73 kicks off on Tuesday and with so many predictions in the bag for the VHL, and some doing their VHLM predictions I figured this would be an easy time to make my VHLM season predictions. I revised this a lot since my rough draft in Discord over the weekend and while I may be going out there for some scenarios, this is just my opinion so here it goes:

Easy choices here are Miami and Minnesota and that could very likely be the finals for the Founder’s Cup in season 73. That said I’d like to point at a couple teams that maybe on paper aren’t as strong but have a history or I just think could surprise.

Ottawa jumps out immediately with some strong depth down the middle. They may also get some help from one of the better overall TPA goalies in the M.

Another team on my radar is Las Vegas for likely sentimental reasons but with Nils between the pipes and some young talent there, they are arguably the 3rd or 4th best team in the West, which feels like enough to get them in at the current moment. And there has to be the Spartan Effect in the back of the mind here as deadline recreations could push Vegas towards another chance in the playoffs.

A team that’s on a lot of people’s tongue for a contender is San Diego. It’s understandable with a such a strong top line of 200+ TPA players and a young, but maturing D-core. Dimmadome will have to step up though. He was a great teammate in Vegas last season but lacked playing time. San Diego is the team I’ll likely take the most heat from here, which is understandable as I don’t have them maybe as high as I should.

PREDICTIONS

1.    Miami Marauders (E)           - Conference Winner

2.    Saskatoon Wild (W)             - Conference Winner

3.    Minnesota Storm (E)

4.    Ottawa Lynx (E)

5.    Las Vegas Aces (W)

6.    San Diego Marlins (W)

7.    Houston Bulls (W)

8.    Mississauga Hounds (E)

9.    Philadelphia Reapers (E)

10. Yukon Rush (W)

11. Halifax 21st (E)