LA Stars Press Conference

Josh

1. Nygren is just shy of 1600 hits almost 1000 of which occurred while he was a Star, how long does that team record hold?

1000 hits is impressive and many don’t want to do that dirty work, hopefully that records lasts a decade or so at least. 

2. Who gets into the LA Stars HOF as the first inductee?

Hopefully someone that leads us to a cup in the next few seasons. 

3. How're you liking the holiday festivities this season?

I don’t VHL much, so it’s nice to see the community we have now and the donations they put together. 

4. If you could travel anywhere this winter, where would it be?

Anywhere that isn’t home cause you knows, COVID. 

5. Do you participate in any other leagues? Which is your favorite?

I vaguely participate in the VHL and that’s it. 

6. Which VHL team is your least favorite and why? (Please don't say LA).

LA cause we are going the wrong way, but won’t be for long!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
  1. Best present you got for the holidays? (if you got any, otherwise what did you want).
  2. Any New Years resolutions?
  3. Playoffs are almost done, who takes it?
  4. We have the third OA pick in  this upcoming draft, who should we take?
  5. How did NYA win the lotto tournament but suck all year?
  6. Do you have any friends in the upcoming draft?

@Laflamme @LittleRiDog @rory  @Devise @DMaximus @Donno100 @JigglyGumballs @Smarch @flatl99 @RStar @Esso2264 @DreMin15 @N0HBDY @frescoelmo  @MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R @Azlan @Xdjk93 @Zach386

13 minutes ago, Josh said:
  1. Best present you got for the holidays? (if you got any, otherwise what did you want).

@Laflamme @LittleRiDog @rory  @Devise @DMaximus @Donno100 @JigglyGumballs @Smarch @flatl99 @RStar @Esso2264 @DreMin15 @N0HBDY @frescoelmo  @MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R @Azlan @Xdjk93 @Zach386

1) I got an oversized hoodie that's honestly really comfortable. Otherwise it's just Christmas money for me

2) Exercise more. Need to lose some pounds

3) Chicago is the team I'm honestly kinda routing for.

4) Hmmm, a forward like Red Lite is honestly my choice. Only if he was available. Hulk Hogan Jr and Battre Sandstrom are solid choices as well.

5) @Esso2264pulling some voodoo level bullshit

6) Hex Rose is someone I'm familiar with. Could be a good choice at the draft as well 👀

Cast Iron Skillet. Waiting one for many years, but was too cheap to buy a good one. Got one from my Fiancé from Cabela's 

None. Making a resolution doesn't make sense.

Hopefully the Dragons take the Cup. This should be lighting a fire under us and other expansion clubs to do better.

The top end of the first round is very defense heavy. Hopefully we can pull a top end forward at the number three spot and maybe a top end defenseman at the beginning of the second round.

Esso knows how to suck at the right time I guess

None of my friends will ever join the league at this point in their lives. I also don't talk to 99% of the league which is great, so I don't know or want to know about anyone

Edited by Smarch

On 1/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Josh said:
  1. Best present you got for the holidays? (if you got any, otherwise what did you want). new athletic shorts so i can get rid of my old ones
  2. Any New Years resolutions? drink less lol jk actually i want to set up a better sleep schedule
  3. Playoffs are almost done, who takes it? DC 4-0 legoooooo
  4. We have the third OA pick in  this upcoming draft, who should we take? as many scorers as we can get!
  5. How did NYA win the lotto tournament but suck all year? he is pulling a new york jets... worst all year until it matters
  6. Do you have any friends in the upcoming draft? lone wolf boii

• Commissioner

1. FA opens soon, any targets stand out to you?

2. Who takes the scoring title for the team this season?

3. It's Nygren's last season, how many hits does he retire with?

4. Which team looks the strongest right now?

5. Which team would you absolutely never play for?

6. Which NHL team is your favorite?

@Laflamme @LittleRiDog @rory @Devise @DMaximus @Donno100 @JigglyGumballs @Smarch @flatl99 @RStar @Esso2264 @DreMin15 @N0HBDY @frescoelmo @MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R @Azlan @Xdjk93 @Zach386

Nope because I'm a player and don't need to worry about that yet

Pistil Stamen

If you mean career then 500+ (Total guess)

I haven't looked much into the VHL teams, been very focused on my recent year with the Reapers and winning the cup

Whatever team Rory manages

Penguins

1.FA opens soon, any targets stand out to you?

This is my first season up in the VHL so I’m not really too aware of a lot of players here.

2. Who takes the scoring title for the team this season?Jeffery Pines is the guy I think takes the scoring title for us.

3. It's Nygren's last season, how many hits does he retire with?I think he will retire with at least 2100 hits after this season.

4. Which team looks the strongest right now?I think Malmo looks the strongest right now, lots of great players on that team right now.

5. Which team would you absolutely never play for?I wouldn’t want to play for Calgary, been there before and didn’t really like it.

6. Which NHL team is your favorite? Montreal Canadiens are my favourite nhl team!!

A little late to the party, but honestly with the roster being built, there is no point in my opinion to pick up any FA

Rory likely. Best forward on the roster, should have a little more help this season too. 

1,744 right now, would like to see him hit 2000. 

I have no clue, we hopefully will surprise some teams on the way to our first playoff appearance.

There is not one team I wouldn’t play for. Would like to hit the expansion teams prior to anywhere else.

Winnipeg Jets, last game was the heritage classic, which we paid $50 for $400 tickets 2 hours before puck drop. 

Not this offseason. I would personally wait until next offseason because this one looks pretty rough.

Jeffrey Pines. He has the scoring touch and teammates around him to really get it done.

I'm going to guess he retires with more than 1900 but less than 2000.

LA. We're the best fuck the haters.

None honestly, I just want to be on a team with my friends.

Detroit Red Wings :rip:

@Josh so you can add to discord. 

1. 0-4 in the first four games. 7 GF, 18 GA. Why are we in that position?

2. Given the poor start, when do you hit the panic button if you and Josh traded places?

3. Our General Manager is engaging and a good locker-room presence, overall good guy. If you could change one things in the Star organization as GM for a day, what would it be?

4. Out of our class of rookies this season, who do you see having the biggest impact overall in a Stars jersey?

5. What is the best case scenario for us given our current roster?

6. Six prospects are currently listed on the Stars roster. Name one you think will play for the Stars eventually and one you could see moving on before they pull on a Stars jersey?

Edited by Smarch

3 hours ago, Smarch said:

1. 0-4 in the first four games. 7 GF, 18 GA. Why are we in that position? because you drafted me, unfortunately

2. Given the poor start, when do you hit the panic button if you and Josh traded places? around the time i was selected to be GM

3. Our General Manager is engaging and a good locker-room presence, overall good guy. If you could change one things in the Star organization as GM for a day, what would it be? trading away any respectable player for more prospects

4. Out of our class of rookies this season, who do you see having the biggest impact overall in a Stars jersey? Me (its gucci)

5. What is the best case scenario for us given our current roster? stay competitive most of the year, not really in the standings tho.  i think we are 1 year away.

6. Six prospects are currently listed on the Stars roster. Name one you think will play for the Stars eventually and one you could see moving on before they pull on a Stars jersey? genghis khan is gonna be a household name.  should probably trade that bum HH Jr

10 hours ago, Smarch said:

2. Given the poor start, when do you hit the panic button if you and Josh traded places?

3. Our General Manager is engaging and a good locker-room presence, overall good guy. If you could change one things in the Star organization as GM for a day, what would it be?

4. Out of our class of rookies this season, who do you see having the biggest impact overall in a Stars jersey?

6. Six prospects are currently listed on the Stars roster. Name one you think will play for the Stars eventually and one you could see moving on before they pull on a Stars jersey?

1. Terrible form in the begining of the season is much better than in the play off. We need to play as team and we will be better with each single game.

2. Not now, but next two or three trades will show us, if it is really so bad as it looks. 

3. I am not very creative in things like this, so I haven't any idea. I think all is wokring great.

4. Rookie is only player, who has been drafted this year? If yes,  the D Hulk Hogan Jr. looks great. His first season after draft and he is in active roster. 

5. I think, the first important goal for us is play offs and after that we can the king about cup. But we have team with potential.

6. Sorry, but I will not answer to this question. I believe to each prospect. Everyone has great potential and I hope everyone som cup here in LA.  

• Commissioner

Well I really don't know how the team has been playing. LA does have talent and should start winning.

I want no part of that scenario. I just curl up in a ball at night and cry myself to sleep.

I would make sure the showers had "Soap on a Rope".

Too soon to tell. 

Let's see a few more games.

Sanderson looks like he is making an effort. Not sure about Sirois

Monday January 24th Press Conference:

1. Although early in the season, what are your thoughts on the teams play?

2. What are you looking to upgrade the most this season?

3. La's old agm has come back from break and has reclaimed the role. thoughts on this?

4. What player really needs to shine this year in order for the stars to be successful?

5. La won against Calgary today. What do you think needs to happen to keep the wins coming?

6. is your player doing as well as you expected them to do so far this season? If not what would you like to see change?

@LittleRiDog@rory@Steve@Devise @DMaximus @frescoelmo@GoldGear88@Xdjk93@JigglyGumballs@RStar @N0HBDY@Esso2264@MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R@Azlan@Zach386@Barry@caltroit_red_flames@Gally@stevo

Edited by Brewins15

From what I have seen, there seems to be a fair amount of talent and as the season gets a few weeks in, I think the team will really come together.

I am working on a bit of strength and faceoff work.

3. La's old agm has come back from break and has reclaimed the role. thoughts on this?

I really can't comment as I wasn't here before. He must be a great agm to be back in that spot.

4. What player really needs to shine this year in order for the stars to be successful?

It's going to take a group effort to win. I put pressure on Merrick to play an honest game but I think Pines is going to have a stellar season.

5. La won against Calgary today. What do you think needs to happen to keep the wins coming?

We can win these games. Team defense, meaning forwards too, seems to be working better and that should lead to success.

6. is your player doing as well as you expected them to do so far this season? If not what would you like to see change?

A bit of a slow start for Merrick but getting off the Toronto team and moving here to the Stars should lead to a more balanced season.

1. Although early in the season, what are your thoughts on the teams play? - a lot of cohesion early, we take the good with the bad and keep looking ahead

2. What are you looking to upgrade the most this season? strength and checking; i think i can be more valuable doing odds and ends instead of just being relied on to score

3. La's old agm has come back from break and has reclaimed the role. thoughts on this? I have none, no idea who he/she/it is

4. What player really needs to shine this year in order for the stars to be successful? HULK HOGAN JR

5. La won against Calgary today. What do you think needs to happen to keep the wins coming? Keep possession longer and STOP LOSING IN OVERTIME

6. is your player doing as well as you expected them to do so far this season? If not what would you like to see change? No because Josh doesn't play me enough minutes :D

On 1/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Brewins15 said:

Monday January 24th Press Conference:

The team is pretty unfamiliar with each other and we're a younger team in the league but for how we're doing so far is decent in my opinion, to be honest we could be doing worse.

Checking or scoring.

PEPEHYPE

Hulk Hogan Jr or Pistil Stamen

If the wins keep coming we might just prove we can do something

My player isn't doing as well as I would want him to do but I'm not the most developed player in the league to say the least so I'm just glad I get to play right now.

February 1st 2021 Press Conference

1.  You are told you can rebuild your player with all the tpe you currently have on your player. what are you changing?

2. What is your pregame routine? 

3. As this is be written LA is 7th in their division with 27 games played. Does this concern you or was this expected?

4. Pines leads the stars in points so far this season with gumballs and stamen close behind. Any surprises with the top 3?

5.  If you had to pick a song for your player for anytime they scored what song would you pick?

6. Do you believe there is something management could do to improve this team? if so what is it?

@LittleRiDog@rory@Steve@Devise @DMaximus @frescoelmo@GoldGear88@Xdjk93@JigglyGumballs@RStar @N0HBDY@Esso2264@MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R@Azlan@Zach386@Barry@caltroit_red_flames@Gally@stevo

Pump most of it into Checking and then level it all out, would become and absolute goon, not that I'm not that already.

Get an extra good stretch in and if there's some other games going on, watch them.

It's great for what we have on the team, lot's of rookies and the future is bright for us.

I'm surprised hulk hogan jr didn't break into the top but we have lots of stars so we'll see.

Brass monkey, love that song.

I think they're doing great right now, the team is going to need time to develop to be able to compete, but otherwise it's just a waiting game right now.

5 hours ago, Brewins15 said:

February 1st 2021 Press Conference

1.  You are told you can rebuild your player with all the tpe you currently have on your player. what are you changing? more into passing, less into skating

2. What is your pregame routine? kill a fifth of goldschlager

3. As this is be written LA is 7th in their division with 27 games played. Does this concern you or was this expected? nah I think it was expected, we have good talent just will take a few years to develop

4. Pines leads the stars in points so far this season with gumballs and stamen close behind. Any surprises with the top 3? nope that would make sense

5.  If you had to pick a song for your player for anytime they scored what song would you pick? chelsea dagger by the fratellis

6. Do you believe there is something management could do to improve this team? if so what is it? we already made one trade this year, should be good for now

1.  You are told you can rebuild your player with all the tpe you currently have on your player. what are you changing?

More STR and FO would be my plan.

2. What is your pregame routine? 

Lace them up and go out on the ice.

3. As this is be written LA is 7th in their division with 27 games played. Does this concern you or was this expected?

Young team that is building for the future, no concerns.

4. Pines leads the stars in points so far this season with gumballs and stamen close behind. Any surprises with the top 3?

All of them are quality players. No surprises there.

5.  If you had to pick a song for your player for anytime they scored what song would you pick?

Just a fog horn works for me.

6. Do you believe there is something management could do to improve this team? if so what is it?

I don't see anything that stands out really. Good job by all in control.

Press Conference For week starting February 8th:

1. If you could rebrand the Stars in anyway would you? if so how?

2. If you had to pick a prospect that looks most promising who would you pick?

3. Who do you believe LAs biggest rival is?

4. This week is theme week. Thoughts on the theme?

5.  Team bonding day! where would you want to go/ what would you want to do?

6. You finally get a day off what are you spending your free day doing?

@LittleRiDog@rory@Steve@Devise @DMaximus @frescoelmo@GoldGear88@Xdjk93@JigglyGumballs@RStar @N0HBDY@Esso2264@MikkoKoskinensMistress @73MPL4R@Azlan@Zach386@Barry@caltroit_red_flames@Gally@stevo

Edited by Brewins15