Why Lexi Glass is Different

AW13

How Iggy Azalea Can Save Her Career

Why Lexi Glass is Different

Hello everybody! I am here to tell you why my current player is different from the rest of the players I have ever had in the VHL before.

At first I should give a small background on my time in the VHL and the road that led me to this point in my career which is now on my 3rd player. I started out in the VHL early on in my sim league career after joining EFL and then SBA, and then finally made the jump to the hockey world of the VHL with my first player, center, Oleksiy Revchenko. My goal was to make a decent player out of Ukraine and be what I was hoping to be at least a 2nd line center for a VHL team and could be counted on to win faceoffs, dish out assists, and maybe even score a couple of goals. I felt like I accomplished that in the long run but it was not always easy. Revchenko dealt with a career in the VHLM where he had a lot of turnover it seemed as his GMs when he played for the Las Vegas Aces and nothing was really sure. I never knew where I was going to play or what the heck was going on. I think there was even a time in the VHLM where I played a whole season over the VHLM cap and well, it was only by a little bit but it was a nice statistical season. I got drafted by Vancouver and then after playing my VHLM weird cap season, I was ready to come up but was traded away right from the start, oof. It was the first time I had ever been traded in my sim league career and had to start Revchenko's career in Calgary instead but that means I was wanted at least right? Revchenko carved out a nice career with the Wranglers though never winning anything. He was traded to Helsinki during his contract year to try and get the Titans a cup as their second line center and unfortunately we fell just short. I went back to Calgary and not really feeling interested in old Revvy anymore, retired a bit early. 

It was recreate time and after some success as a goalie in the SHL, I decided to try it out here with my next player, Solomon Crawford. I got an okay number of carryover from Revchenko but it was maybe like 25-30 or something but at least Crawford could get started. I started out really well with Crawford earning TPE and was actually selected 1st in the VHLM draft my next year by Mexico City. I was having a great time and Crawford continued to grow and then he was drafted by an expansion team in Prague! Wanting to play in the VHL, I decided to make the move up right away hoping to get some time but unfortunately, was a backup, I should have stayed down. It cut my interest a bit even though I said I was okay with it. The team then acquired Brick Wahl, whose user is one of the best friends I have made in the VHL and the hope was that bringing Wahl in would bridge the gap and Crawford would get the time to develop as the backup. While I was okay with it, building and staying motivated as a backup goalie is really hard and I stalled out. Once my time was about to be up, I went hard again, trying to do all I could for Prague and the team who drafted me. Crawford was actually pretty solid as a starter when given the chance. Unfortunately, I was traded after going hard, again. I got traded to Malmo for Ligriv who was statistically a worse goalie. At the same time, Malmo had told me that I was not really in their future, and while I could have tried for an expansion team, it was time to go, Crawford's time was up.

Enter Lexi Glass, my current player, with my love Iggy Azalea as a render and is the self proclaimed "Estonian Princess." With Glass, I have had more build up on back story, I am using a render that is probably my favorite to this point as Revchenko never really had one, and I never made Crawford a sig of Fred Braithwaite so it kind of got lost in trying to build the most successful African American goalie in the VHL. I got to recreate alongside people I respect like Blade, Reno, Eno, and others and join a class that could end up being an epic one. I have been killing it on TPE and have goals in mind trying to be one of the best scorers I can be. Before it was to be a decent goalie, or be a solid center option but now it is clear. I am more "selfish" if you would classify it as that with my current player. I am here to score goals and be one of the best at it. I want to help my team but I need my teams to put me in a great position to accomplish that also. I don't plan on slowing down much with Glass like I did with my previous 2 players because I am more motivated. Even if I am traded, I know that I can go out and do what I need to do. I might sign for shorter contracts with my career uncertainty but in general, plan on being one of the best in this Season 74 Draft Class. GMs take note.