Nicholas Sunderbruch rookie review

NickSunderbruch

Nicholas Sunderbruch is a left winger from Tampa FL, the sunshine state! Despite there not being much ice where he's from Nicholas has had a very successful High school career when he moved to Flint Michigan and played for the Bulldogs. When he was a freshmen he was already outscoring Seniors, and outskating kids who had been skating their whole lives. Nicholas is quick on his feet and plays a lot like a much taller Martin St.Lois, it's hard to really call him just a sniper because he plays a 200 ft two way game as well. Nicholas is a very versatile player who likes playing a crash the net style game, and has the size to work the boards and behind the net very well. Nicholas went unscouted until his Junior year in Highschool when he was found by mistake. Ever since, Nicholas had been receiving calls left and right from scouts.

Nicholas boasted an outstanding 45 goals in his final season as a Bulldog, and a grand 55 assists. There's no question that his scoring is extensive, but what about his defensive play? Well Nicholas is able to play center on the PK very well, taking faceoffs and knocking opponents off the puck. This young man is absolutely not afraid to get physical where it counts (he also has a very mean right hook). Rating Nicholas is tricky though, because some might say he didn't face enough challenges as a bulldog, and only started playing Hockey in high school. Some would say the difficulty bar is a little lower there than in many other schools, especially being an American player. However these concerns are superficial at best, because Nicholas has a slap shot of 98mph, with an accuracy not seen in many years. Nicholas was known to shatter glass in his high school games when he missed the net. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of his slapshot for sure. 

What can be said about his locker room chemistry? Nicholas enjoys playing light hearted pranks on his teammates during practice, including putting water in players gloves. Or putting glitter in their helmets. Harmless pranks, that many laugh at. He's also known to buy his line mates dinner after especially good performances. Nicholas says he enjoys playing with people of any background and is always excited to see new faces in the locker room. Nicholas 

It's hard to say how we'd rank Nicholas in the upcoming draft, but I'd say he should go early first round to mid first round depending on how he develops in the VHLM. Nicholas has great speed with an excellent slap shot, here's a ranking of his skills in our opinion; slapshot A+, wrist shot A, skating A+, defense A-, physical play B, off awareness A-, def awareness B+, fighting B-

we'd have to give Nicholas a A- overall from what we've seen of him in High school, but we'll see how that all plays out this season and how he develops. Is Nicholas VHL ready? Perhaps. Is Nicholas a star player? Possibly. Is Nicholas a player to be watched? Absolutely. We look forward to his long career in the VHL. And now for my personal opinion of this player; I think he's going to shock the world with his skill, some might not see it yet but I know that he will do great things in this league, and in his future. Until next time, I hope you all have enjoyed this junior review featuring Nicholas Sunderbruch, the next great thing in hockey.