Onde Sandstrom

Philip-Broberg-Team-Sweden.jpg

P L A Y E R   N A M E: Onde Sandstrom

B I R T H D A Y: May 22, 2000

B I R T H P L A C E: Malmo, Sweden

H E I G H T: 6'8"

W E I G H T: 240 lbs

N U M B E R: 69

Onde Sandstrom is on his sophomore season here in Las Vegas and has been ready to rumble since rejoining the organization after the draft. Last season he was placed on the 4th line in order to get mentored by the senior members of his team. He didn't put much up offensively however he was quite impressive in practices and off ice training. Coaches have had nothing but positive things to say about Onde's desire and work ethic. Onde has been an incredible member off the ice by helping local charities and being apart of a drives to help raise money for diseases. He believes that if he has any sort of attention, he'd love to use it to help the world in some way. His philanthropy is on another level completely.

T H E     L O W     D O W N

Scoring - His ability to get into the right place at the right time is an art form really. He's done quite well in his limited time on the top lines so far in the VHL. Onde has kept his point per game pace at 1 which is quite great offensively. He's been working on being able to use his strength effectively in order to get to those places quicker and seamlessly. He's a scary prospect to have specially considering his height and weight, he'll be able to bully his way to the net. Also his shot has been praised massively. The fact that he can rip it like Julius Freeman, Jet Jaguar and Hunter Hearst Helmsley makes him such a hot commodity in the upcoming VHL Draft. This alone would rate him higher in this draft class considering he's able to do a lot at his young tender age.

Defense - He has naturally been gifted as a defensive minded player first. In fact, his Head Coach has put him on the defensive pairing for one of the power plays as he has a rocket of a shot. His natural defensive instincts are impeccable which truly adds value to his style of play as well. Especially since he's such a physical player, he's able to finish his checks, win board battles and force mistakes from his opponents which all ends up helping on the offensive zone as well considering he can press defenders efficiently. Onde has also been showing his leadership abilities on the defensive end of the ice. He's been teaching the young players on his team that defense wins championships and wants these young guns to have the right instincts going forward. It's being considered that Onde might switch to defense just due to his frame and size.

N H L   C O M P A R I S O N

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

Patrik Laine has been a comparable player for Onde just purely due to his frame and ability to absolutely rip it. Laine is quite famous for his ability to score from the point with a fat slapper. Onde is able to do that as well and occasionally looks for a tip in for his teammates instead of selfishly trying to put it in himself. Onde happens to be a larger unit than Patrik Laine, however he's able to replicate most of his play and I'd say, be better at other phases of the game as well (including celebrations).