Fonzi's Corner: The 3 Worst Teams in the VHLM

fonziGG

sexy happy days GIF

Hi, I'm back! Yeah, today we're talking about the worst teams in the M. If you're on this team or a GM of one of these teams, I am so so so so so so so very sorry that I'm about to roast the hell out of your organization. I also want to preface this, even if you're on the worst team in the M, I don't see an issue being the worst. There is a plan involved and as long as that plan goes to fruition while also offering hard on waivers. As long as these things are in consideration, they have my full respect.

:hfx: Halifax 21st :hfx:

Halifax consists of 7 players. Of those seven players, four of them are technically active. Two of them only claim welfare. I will not name those players, but that is a pretty sad output from once a renowned team. The currently boasts a ten loss stream at the moment, and it doesn't help that they've only played ten games. It's not looking pretty for them at all; however, I know that the management in Halifax loves to find hidden gems through the waiver system that's been put in place.

I can't hate their potential down the line as they 18 picks in the upcoming draft. Yes, you read that right. 18 draft picks. So far, Halifax has struggled for the past few seasons to accumulate an asset list like this, which can't be faulted at all. The four players that are currently updating so far are also all great people from what I've seen as well. As far as I'm concerned, Halifax is churning out great value players, and I'm assuming they're going to continue to do so with all the players they draft next season.

:yuk: Yukon Rush :yuk:

Yukon, on initial glance, makes no sense to me. They have plenty of players and only one goalie at the moment, with five players over 100 TPE as well. So what's the issue with Yukon? Well, let's dive right into it. Yukon is an exceptionally young team. They have plenty of active members on their side that's under 100 TPE at the moment. A positive is that they're full earning. So while they've dropped nine games and have one overtime loss, it's not all that bad for them at the moment. Yukon may be the 2nd worst team in the league, but if they continue their trend and keep their assets, I can predict them going into the playoffs as a dark horse team. 

Yukon also has a bucket load of assets going into next season as well. They have 17 draft picks going into the upcoming draft this season. Yukon is doing the right thing so far, and I expect them to be trading their current assets that are earning for draft picks in S75 to get two strong seasons out of Yukon and impress the entire league. Another option would be to go all out on S74 assets and become just as studly as Halifax is poised to be.

:phi: Philadelphia Reapers :phi:

Poor Philadelphia. Sure, they're a lousy team like the rest of them in this article. The reason I put them in the worst spot is that they have absolutely nothing excellent going for them in the next two seasons. John Poremba is leading the team currently in TPA and is earning TPE consistently well; however, he's only just a goalie. His stats don't look incredible, and that's not his fault since everyone ahead of him has less than 100 TPE. With only seven players on the roster, including John Poremba, there are some fantastic young guns on the team like Carson Walker, Darius Marimoto, and Piero Angela. The only issue is that Piero and Carson are both waiver grabs.

Philadelphia has absolutely nothing going for them in the draft. The highest draft pick they own is a 2nd rounder of their own. Not sure why the decision making was to go out and grab players they couldn't hold onto for the upcoming season as well as last seasons push. Philly is an iconic place to be, so I don't see an issue for them to grab players purely based on location (plus who doesn't want to live in the same city as Rocky?). I expect the team to bounce back in S75, where they do have a multitude of picks.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Gooningitup said:

Poremba is the 2nd best sv% in the league on the worst team in the league. Hes doing just fine with no help at all.

And his GAA is 4+.

Like I said, it's not really his fault. He'd be awesome on a better team though, realistically.

9 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

And his GAA is 4+.

Like I said, it's not really his fault. He'd be awesome on a better team though, realistically.

I mean if ur facing 50+SOG a game like he is lol unless hes posting a shutout every second game bound to let some in. 11 gp 530+sog lol 

1 hour ago, Gooningitup said:

I mean if ur facing 50+SOG a game like he is lol unless hes posting a shutout every second game bound to let some in. 11 gp 530+sog lol 

I think the key thing you're missing is that I don't think it's his fault lol.