Patrik Tallinder - Zoom Interview

Blazzer

Welcome back to another interview with me, Amy Shi. Today I have Patrik Tallinder @Patrik Tallinder joining me on the virtual interview. It’s not the same as a face-to-face one but this will be the best we can do for today.

How was the off season? Any activities u did in particular?

Patrik: Amazing, I was able to bring the cup back to my family in Sweden. My brothers and I celebrated together, and it was an especially great moment for my brother who lost his ability to play hockey in a car crash a couple years ago. Other than that, we had a wild parade in Riga! I can’t wait to experience that feeling again of winning it all. It was all so surreal. 

How has your team been for past few games? Rate your team’s performance?

Patrik: We started off hot, but had a rough couple games recently. Hoping to get back on track, but right now I’d say we’re at a solid 6/10 of where we could be at. Things will surely improve once Eagles gets some more starts too.

Could you share your game day ritual with us?

Patrik: Earlier in my career I didn’t have much of a ritual, but I’ve slowly picked up different pieces of other teammates’ rituals over the past few seasons. I usually wake up and hit the gym with Phil Marleau and Guy Sasakamoose. Those guys are always in the gym, I could never lift the weight they do daily. Then I have lunch with Pengu, who seems to only ever eat fish. Then I go for the team’s morning skate, where usually Lincoln Tate, Kyl Oferson and myself stay afterwards a little to work on our skills. Then I have a nap, which my GM hedge suggested. It’s actually great for making sure you’re awake come game time. After that, it’s to the rink for the game! 

And there you have it guys, what an interview that was and thank you Patrik for joining us! Join us next time for another interview, hopefully not virtual!