Fonzi's Corner: My Favourites To Win It All

fonziGG

bom dia hello GIF

Hey it's me again! This week was a huge stress for me however I'm finally back home and ready to write. Today, I'll be writing on the best teams in the VHLM. The teams I expect to go all the way, I suppose. This year looks incredibly deep, so I've been on edge just by the daily changes in the standings. There is a 7 point difference between the 1st placed team and the 7th placed team. While I could sit here and break down each of those 7 teams, I think there is only 4 teams that can truly go for it all and contend for the sacred Founders Cup.

:mia:Miami Marauders:mia:

The Miami Marauders, I find, are the winners of the most recent draft and have the most capped players on their team. They have 12 players above 200 TPE with 7 of them being at the cap itself. That is an incredible amount of star power if you asked me. I genuinely think that Miami has what it takes to go for a cup in what is their very young VHLM organization. I'd even argue that this team could be compared to what I'd consider the greatest VHLM team ever, The S69 Saskatoon Wild. Their depth pieces alongside their core players is honestly incredibly scary as a thought. Hell, Patrik Laine has been put on the 2nd line. That oughta tell you something about this team considering Laine is considered one of the best players in the entire league. What also indicates a strong team is that the scoring is spread throughout the team. While every single player on the team has put up incredible numbers, they have spread the love and if everyone is scoring well, that tells you something. It does help that Miami is first in the standings, but I don't think that deters their chances at winning the Founders Cup. They have to be my favourite.

:hou:Houston Bulls:hou:

Ok, I swear to you that the next team won't be third in the standings as I write this. Houston is currently second in the league however I find that they poise a very strong team this upcoming post season run. Houston doesn't have that in the slightest. What impresses me about Houston is that they have a roster that is building together. That coupled with a scoring defender, Riley Knight Gee, and great pieces like Aloe Doe and Venus Thightrap improving from last season. Even Isabella Campbell, a new player for the VHLM, has been a huge stand out. The organization has been getting the most out of their team and are improving every single day as a squad. Specially with plenty of Houston players leading the points tally, and being represented in the scoring categories. I know they're second and knowing how tight the standings are, I expect them to drop slightly but that doesn't mean they won't kill their prey in the playoffs. I expect Houston to be good enough to surprise many teams which they have been doing so far this season.

:sdm:San Diego Marlins:sdm:

I sometimes live up to my promises. Today, is one of them. I chose the 7th best team in the VHLM currently. Okay, you must be looking at me like I'm an absolute wild man. San Diego? Why? I'll tell you why. San Diego had a brilliant draft, bringing in John Merrick who was highly considered to be going up to the VHL this season and keeping him on their roster for this season. They also brought in young members onto the team and have growing at an incredible rate. Players like Lester Green, Lucifer Olivier Levesque, and John LeClair II, for example, have been lights out this season for the Marlins. Lester especially has looked impressive and growing at such an incredible rate. Their goalie, Doug Dimmadome, has been mediocre so far, but I expect him to ramp up his stats as the season goes on cause he definitely passes the eye test. I can't wait to see San Diego impress in the playoffs because they have it in their abilities to upset a team or two. Specially when a talent like John Merrick can pull something special out of his hat.

:veg:Las Vegas Aces:veg:

Why Las Vegas as opposed to come of the other teams in the VHLM? For me, they have the most members of the team growing at a very steady rate and are ready to pounce on any team at any time. Specially since they've got players like Sunderbruch, Wachiure, Reynolds, Akerstrom, Rush, Tamm, Kankkunen, Yakolevsky, Rhynex and plenty more to mention. That's the thing, they're all growing at an insane rate. I'm not kidding you, I had to stop because I felt like I was just going on and on. The amount of young members of this team that are growing visibly on the ice is exponentially huge. Roseann Petal has been an incredible young defender on the team as well as a strong young forward in Tim Waters. I'm expecting this young team to truly hit their stride this season especially since their being led by the young swede, Onde Sandstrom. Las Vegas has something special brewing and I believe they are the ones to be the most impressive come offseason.

Edited by fonziGG