Hextall's frustration heard

ROOKIE745

In a recent press conference, Peace and Killinger spoke to the media about the how the team's condition is doing, as frustration had been mounting for some time. The team stayed quite about it until rumors came out that Hextall had forced Killinger into net to take shots at him. At the time Hextall wouldn't comment but after the press conference we were able to get a hold of him. "Was I a little rough? yes, I apologized to him, and no I would never let him in between the pipes of an actual match.... over my dead body, that's my job to stop the pucks." We asked why he opened up about it now. "Well it's nice to hear Peace come out and talk about it, and talk to each of us in the locker room individually, he laid out the game plan and he talked to me a lot, he clearly understand how important the goalie position is and why I was so frustrated. I'm not against his decision either, why try to play a shutdown game when that's not what our team is about? The whole team shouldn't play around one player, in this case me, this is a team with offensive power and we gotta use that. Yea I'm gonna get frustrated during some of the games but if we get the W that's what matters most right? I know I have the skill to steal games, and I just gotta do that as much as possible"

(word count 251)