WJC Interview: Jiggly Gumballs

JigglyGumballs

A post-game interview with Team World Captain and Defenseman, Jiggly Gumballs:

Reporter:

So Jiggly, how do you think you're doing during this tournament?

Jiggs:

I think I'm doing pretty good. There seems to be a lot more pressure or me than normally because I'm a captain but otherwise I'm doing good. This being my first year and the fact that I'm probably not getting as much ice time as I'm used to in Ottawa only shows the amount of talent in the World Juniors. To get a few assists and a goal in honestly just surprises me.

Reporter:

Regarding the captaincy, what were you thoughts or how did you feel when you were announced as the captain?

Jiggs:

I didn't believe it at first. A rookie in the WJC and probably one of the bottom pairing D for Team World selected as captain? I was surprised they had so much faith in me but I've learned to embrace this new role. I really felt the pressure of leading a team in the first few games, but I've tried to step up and prove that I'm capable in leading the team. Something I wish to continue to prove as the tournament moves on.

Reporter:

Currently Team World is 4th in the round robin standings with 1 point behind Asia and 1 point ahead of Europe. What do you think of the teams performance so far and what can you improve as a team?

Jiggs:

I know we didn't have the best of starts but we've bounced back and started to find our game. The team I think is doing really well. We're right on Asia's ass and we can hopefully move past ahead of them. We are facing Canada and the US next but that doesn't phase me. I think what we can improve on the most is just keeping the puck out of the net. We have guys that can put up points so if we were more secure on our own end, I think we'll be more suited to take home gold.

Reporter:

So for our last question, there are multiple social media posts of globes being placed on the front doors of players from the other teams. We suspected that it might be you. Any words on that?

Jiggs:

Oh that was definitely me. I simply just can't pass on the opportunity of pranking someone in the WJC. I was just tryna boost a bit of team morale and help build chemistry. I needed my first act as captain to be a lasting one y'know? I still won't tell what I have in plans next though. All I can say that this isn't the last prank in the WJC.

Reporter:

Well thank you so much for your time, and good luck on the competition!

Jiggs:

Yeah thank you for taking the time to interview me, and good luck to you too.

(483 Words)