Top 50 Forwards in the VHLM (S73 Edition)

Laine

VHLM TOP 50 FORWARDS (S73)

Before I jump into this article, I would like to give a few disclaimers

1. The data I used for this article were from Games 1-174 of the S73 VHLM Regular Season, so the data may be a bit out of date now, but is accurate for how the player is performing this year.

2. The data is calculated averages, so if some people look like they are on the wrong spots on the list, that is why.

3. The formula I used was the rankings of the players in categories

So if one player is ranked 1st in goals and 10th in assists, they get 11 (1 + 10). The player with the lowest number is the best forward because they are the highest in the all-around rankings. I thought it would be fairer to do it this way than with a flawed formula, that’s why I decided to do it.

The 4 categories that I measured for this article:

Goals per 60

Assists per 60

Shots per 60

Plus/Minus per 60

These 4 stats help give you a good grasp of how good the player is offensively and whether they are committed in the defensive zone. Now, onto the article

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The VHLM has a lot of forwards, but have you ever wondered which one is the best. Well, with me wasting 3 days of my life making an excel sheet filled with data and another 3 days writing this, you may have a pretty good idea. Here is my list of the top 50 forwards in the VHLM for S73!

Shoutout goes out to @JigglyGumballs for helping me surf through all this data. It took us 3 days to organize it. I definitely owe you one bud!

50. Jeff Odinson (YKN)

@GoldGear88

xH5sDPHUuVCSBFk6nc4wh_nWJDy6FOyj_vSyZveK0SH7wxouJfAowSKd8VgMMjxaBOKUIbs3us9E2BDmL8Bg3DkgE3f1MN0OCcc8yTwoKnistPiEwWGux7uDYk5qgKaWazMhJ9jT

0.68 Goals-per 60 (39th)

0.37 Assists-per 60 (48th)

4.66 Shots-per 60 (44th)

-1.18 Plus/Minus per 60 (46th)

Even though Odinson is at the bottom of our list, he is one of the bright spots on an otherwise dim Yukon Rush team this season. He’ll probably be around next season in the M and he certainly has room to grow as a player. He has been good at chipping in offensively and his +/- doesn’t show the full story defensively as he is usually the first forward back on the backcheck. Time will tell if he pans out, but with the way this year has gone for Yukon, you have to like what you have seen from him.

49. Brian Strong Jr (SSK)

@Wheaties

ADkYCYtyS-T8PEy2T57_0e0qCVQOeHTEADHLclToZC0NsjzFkfvTMdHfrJlSLcDK7h-RIQNtQuSfKSVy8PbELoK_fMaDtAeJAmRJS3rYXwww7dV7wBNPpQs-rarrYYu95Ld_PK9y

0.46 Goals-per 60 (48th)

0.59 Assists-per 60 (44th)

4.71 Shots-per 60 (43rd)

0 Plus/Minus per 60 (41st)

Strong has been a decent forward for Saskatoon, putting up solid numbers and generating a lot of offence for his teammates through putting the puck on net. He isn’t the best play driver but he is good at taking the puck off of his man in the defensive zone. He can use his speed to take the puck directly into the zone with ease. Just like Odinson, time will tell if he pans out but even if he isn’t a superstar, still a solid forward that Saskatoon has up their sleeve.

48. Empty (HFX)

@StamkosFan

St7PyFoN8Ki8GUZgsvoKKU3BYV5ggBGCrX_iv-p9oXsN6K6VUBD371ZUeVLMqis-JV7OnN_WFD14JEP1HznEHa8K5URkZZvVw49J_dGLoVhlNskHxO2Q2Xg8KnYR1h_FbyFh6jXd

0.66 Goals-per 60 (40th)

0.36 Assists-per 60 (49th)

6.24 Shots-per 60 (35th)

-1.56 Plus/Minus per 60 (49th)

The only Halifax player on this list, Empty has been one of the few bright spots on a disaster season for Halifax so far. However, with Empty, Juulita and Mount all being Centres, there is a solid core starting to form. The 3 of them play together and play admirably given the circumstances each and every night. If management can set them up with some wingers, this will be a great team to watch next year. As for Empty, his production has been solid and is good at driving the play by getting pucks on the net.

47. John LeClair II (SDM)

@flyersfan1453

yCDMmhfn7E5ryH49aw9wUtjcxej_EpTsEQ4MUHL2zbapPep6QSaVSrtfU3z-cnXjG2hmAX3ySE8sWyP0qi35q6yV45t0wUFqVl9Wj5ys2M_QiKdrWzrTDU9RK7umnhJ9sep_Czca

0.49 Goals-per 60 (46th)

0.43 Assists-per 60 (47th)

4.26 Shots-per 60 (49th)

+0.56 Plus/Minus per 60 (28th)

John LeClair is the perfect lockdown forward. He is able to chip pucks on net in decent numbers and contribute to the offence on the regular, but where he really shines is in the defensive zone. He has great back checking and stick checking abilities that help keep the puck of San Diego’s net. He is still very young, but I would love to see him embrace his offensive side. Often, forwards struggle to adapt to being defensive. He already has that down. If he is able to embrace his offensive side, I can see him being one of the best two-way forwards in the game in a few seasons and if he has the right coach, that isn’t too far out of the realm of possibility.

46. Michael Mac (MIS)

@LastOneUp

naQFNuuYsYXU9G-aN_dSlBXpBbzhngaJfbwTJMTpfYvzjptxla9y6L9kn3JzZkPBK00Hf2KUQSD5QwfF6tGnD46wcs-1sW_HUlqZ6qNLFFOwAAsX7JefiivRxPiB82Nx8rJDR_2R

0.72 Goals-per 60 (37th)

0.30 Assists-per 60 (50th)

6.97 Shots-per 60 (33rd)

-1.20 Plus/Minus per 60 (47th)

Mac has been a bright spot for Mississauga, the only forward from that team to appear on this list. He has a great shot and is great at getting pucks on net. He is great at using his speed to enter the zone and either set up his teammates for a shot or take it towards the net himself. His defence is questionable, but if he has the right coaching and plays in the correct role, this is easily correctable. He certainly has the backchecking ability, shown in numerous games this season. It is more about defensive skills like shot-blocking and stick checking where he has his flaws. Time will tell if he pans out, but I see Michael Mac being a top player not too far from today.

45. Shawn Aalto (MEX)

@TheLastOlympian07

xx1dq0uI8uzebI8C1XxPIcKCTJkRWrtYTGWt54yW8sVFBySnNROepSz0DYKq1Pi3WQE3c5AbjT6TBLCP8JdJ0tiVJvP9U9-f-6lcWDokQHnPOZQgf8hdj9x8NEj6OQU_A1uM9WwC

0.60 Goals-per 60 (42nd)

1.43 Assists-per 60 (21st)

5.56 Shots-per 60 (40th)

-1.95 Plus/Minus per 60 (50th)

Acquired in a trade earlier this season from the Miami Marauders, Aalto has been a solid offensive addition for Mexico City. Not a notable goal scorer, but a great setup guy and great and getting the puck on net. Aalto’s biggest weakness is his defensive play. You can excuse his -1.95 rating due to him being on a below-average Mexico City team, but he still needs to improve. He frequently takes penalties trying to take the puck away from opposing superstars. This is an easy fix and could propel Aalto to one of the VHLM’s best two-way players. Either way, Aalto is a force to reckon with in the offensive zone, with or without the puck.

44. Vlad Imir (YKN)

@Big Dee

Mw1iv1LSCzQGX94jeKoJGLW3N9eZnteen9ebno8y1vLLcoYAu52eHunv0xISn2TMbQTtsC5xPTnE-sJjb2d60kQhgTjntFNRp4OUt4D9RRZpM9xxht9CAjJFs8S_zWnWF_gKgicY

0.79 Goals-per 60 (33rd)

0.67 Assists-per 60 (43rd)

7.51 Shots-per 60 (29th)

-1.28 Plus/Minus per 60 (48th)

Vlad Imir is the definition of a ground and pound player. His goals may not be on the highlight reel every night and he may not be the greatest defensively, but he puts everything he has out on the ice. He is great at winning puck battles and getting pucks on net. He’s been working on his offensive skill this season and it shows, his numbers increasing as the season goes on. He is also great at using his body to shield the puck from opponents. He has the grit part of hockey down. If he adds the skill portion, he will be a player that opponents will be planning for every night.

43. Theodore James St Louis (OTT)

@Nick Kirkpatrick

RGyEiG__F0od4BaKzBQDBEy843sIWMY3ibE8iEfZTNnF7PIllmnmFCRf980veHqVqV9-9WhZh4JTDCKm4rRAgtvuf3T7LJzarSiQl_y0_pORHqVPEbrSoJTFDTjcCaJhgh0gMoEk

0.57 Goals-per 60 (44th)

0.75 Assists-per 60 (38th)

5.85 Shots-per 60 (37th)

+0.50 Plus/Minus per 60 (30th)

St Louis isn’t exactly the superstar of the offence, but he’s still a decent forward you can slot as a support forward into your top 9. He certainly isn’t the best setup man or goal scorer, but he gets the job done. Similar to Vlad Imir, he is great at winning puck battles which is perfect if you can slot him in with 2 great offensive players. He can win the puck and wear down the opponents, opening up the ice for your stars and is great at taking it in by himself during a change by getting the puck on the net using his speed. Not to mention he is a great defensive forward. He is great at using his long reach to take the puck away and isn’t afraid to put his body on the line. He’ll be a force to be reckoned with once he begins his ascent to solid offensive numbers. The future is bright for him and I’m excited to see what St Louis can do next year.

42. Bobbie Cheechoo (YKN)

@Sharkie

3bcgSBuAeNoyeXV0OiCa1F18GsldS2JIJ2kmp69scjcaBV5aOTXm9p-0N1iQckwrHeHyt5IX9jS1BABwEbbgb2H1RPkMuqb8H5wqVY7-w1RhczikB0T5XSNTt7AytkzJ9VVP0WxL

0.83 Goals-per 60 (31st)

0.71 Goals-per 60 (41st)

7.47 Shots-per 60 (30th)

-0.89 Plus/Minus per 60 (45th)

Cheechoo has been another solid acquisition for the Rush. He’s one of the team’s best offensive play drivers and is great in his own end. He is great at getting the puck to the net and frequently it pays off. With how young that Yukon team is and with all signs pointing to a majority of the roster staying down, he should be a big part of a possible Yukon push for the Founder’s Cup next year. 

41. Lee Xin (OTT)

@Blazzer

VYdLoTVwzK_xpA--JYgcMlUORjLSBD1WYxRSVs2El5wsDTkrzLrQpwVOzoM78QEdLIO9zccya9XHt5oyeqRopGJOZ8DwqQnXUduSsa3cuGoCk5Ujp6sYVcVgaxb937z4KM4SA_2U

0.94 Goals-per 60 (27th)

0.74 Assists-per 60 (39th)

4.38 Shots-per 60 (47th)

+0.41 Plus/Minus per 60 (33rd)

Xin is one of the best shooters on the Lynx roster. As you can tell by the stats, he doesn’t shoot the puck very often but when he does, it more often than not goes in. He also is great at puck battles, being one of Ottawa’s most versatile players. He has also honed his defensive abilities to a tee, usually the first player back defensively and able to strip the puck from the attackers on most occasions. Xin will most likely play in the VHLM next season and I expect his passing ability to be honed to a tee so he will be dangerous even when he doesn’t have the puck. Other than that, Xin is exactly what you want from a young forward, hungry for more ice time and willing to do everything to put his team in a position to win every night.

40. Kevin King (MIA)

@IamMOOSE

3haCYxzlmwKAutzfYqMl_8_eh9CSCQFVMh1opDZWSHwmv2xCjO0mRn6hl7568Wcgp4yfDK1rz_84m-n0HHBJBwXFhdn9064vSLHXqx3fuvHV2S2MRTZaScvxxKv4j1EPWdNabDLC

0.75 Goals-per 60 (36th)

0.50 Assists-per 60 (46th)

5.77 Shots-per 60 (38th)
+0.59 Plus/Minus per 60 (26th)

King has been a mixed bag this season. He started the season off hot playing on a line with Dakota Lamb and Patrik Laine, but has since cooled down. That is no knock to him as he has a wicked wrist shot and is great at getting the puck on net. Even though King hasn’t been scoring recently, he has been playing great defensively. His ability to take the puck away from opposing players in the defensive zone is great when you are not scoring. If King is able to get his production up, he will be a threat any time he is on the ice. He is one of those players that opposing teams do not like to play against.

39. Tim Waters (LVA)

@Siddhus

-uvyuydrwnwP8KrDmI8VUCv-Z4ttKyh10KlG6McFJdQZdftmYHnuozaL7p2tXWtr2tFp-a3-FT-TbTEQWSY7Mn9sPPCu5dwqaa7HcZeQPoL9eAcOzxwGZPhw47BtBTNeipyjwTGY

0.31 Goals-per 60 (50th)

1.38 Assists-per 60 (23rd)

4.34 Shots-per 60 (48th)

+0.63 Plus/Minus per 60 (24th)

I've watched Waters play a lot this season and I have to say, I think he is beginning to come into his own. He’s been one of the best setup guys on the Aces and there is a good chance he’ll be around next year. He isn’t the best at carrying the puck into the offensive zone at this moment, but being stable both offensively and defensively like he is can help him learn that part of his game much quicker. Even though he is ranked last among the top 50 in terms of scoring, I have seen improvement in his shooting. Time will tell if he can turn into a two-way threat offensively but the future looks bright for Waters.

38. Luke Thornton (MIA)

@Jtv123

_fO1EQy5PdxDuav9k-ZwZ9yFRPfQxa8MmCRW-jpGucldH64CTnknRyskqU36vknWZ8UOgHILGQUTl2eSjHt1aupjyLDs_99oaC5KUxNUQNkOr9kjDjw2du4KAO03olmMLumGnohm

0.48 Goals-per 60 (47th)

1.28 Assists-per 60 (27th)

4.96 Shots-per 60 (42nd)

+0.56 Plus/Minus per 60 (27th)

Thornton has had a heck of a year in Miami. His most notable improvement in his game has been defensively. A lot of times last year, we saw him come down the ice with a late back check and seemed hesitant to step into the shooting lanes. Not this year. He’s consistently one of the first players back on defense and isn’t afraid to get into those shooting lanes, but his stick checking has seen the most improvement. His ability to take the puck away from the other team’s best players is great when you add it to him coming into his own as a playmaker. If any team in the upcoming draft needs a setup man for their shooters, Thornton is one of the best options in the class.

37. Jack John (MIN)

@GoadenGoalie35

oaQOPpQ8b7bp9oJepvj_9oXMPmQRQmv4uCNxx6oVKQRmQ4JpQc2so6NjL8ZdWHuTIs6GL2wCu6U_smWSNeoYj7zcAndPopAnWZZze7-0nIVOd17wOnuOQy3LdSomXR0vcVkwFnK7

0.42 Goals-per 60 (49th)

0.77 Assists-per 60 (36th)

2.39 Shots-per 60 (50th)

+1.93 Plus/Minus per 60 (3rd)

John is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. He’s not one of the best forwards in terms of scoring ability, but he does have a nice touch and is good at setting up his teammates for shots. His defensive ability is second to none on the Minnesota roster this season. His ability to steal the puck, kill penalties and get into the shooting lanes are amazing. If he can get his offensive side going, I see him being a good two-way forward sometime in the future.

36. Rhynex Entertainment (LVA)

@Rhynex Entertainment

k1yQW9ovULpgK4cqzevjVcGbvJQaZw5-m0tu4fBDTrfcJrXPsjqBeU9c2RXSEbbGRuXVFj1bhuo3XC-QCKFztJVQIAa93TzuQNm0IIrWYBBzKHaSQM7UkvNQ-_MXFZscnKZUaqBI

0.54 Goals-per 60 (45th)

1.43 Assists-per 60 (20th)

4.60 Shots-per 60 (46th)

+0.60 Plus/Minus per 60 (25th)

Rhynex has been a solid performer for the Aces this year. He isn’t exactly the greatest at getting the puck on net or finding the corner, but he is excellent in other areas. His passing ability is a big reason why he is one of the league’s top setup guys. He is also great in the defensive zone with his shot blocking and stick checking. Time will tell if he can get his shooting game going, but if his shooting begins to pick up, he will be a fun player to watch.

35. Alek Andreshnikov (YKN)

@PuckPushers

c3Jig7ooS2KuzVSpnf-B3kVuLj0udJYU-dIrORCtRjHMtbZsvg5NhwmkGodcG2BBSA11V_nI2st4SiWJZLdePKnXFXqb8qP57RUPtKRVgqm1WouPxaRh3rzUKrWMom5H9AAm41IU

0.80 Goals-per 60 (32nd)

1.13 Assists-per 60 (30th)

7.70 Shots-per 60 (28th)

-0.46 Plus/Minus per 60 (44th)

Andreshinkov has been the most consistent forward on the Rush roster. He has a solid wrist shot and can give the top shooters a one timer on a tee. He is not afraid to grind for the puck and usually dumps it on the net and chases it. Despite what that plus minus rating says, he is very responsible in his own zone. Not outstanding, but he does what he is told to do by the coaches. His next steps to become a borderline elite player would be to improve his defensive ability and practice his offensive skills 5 on 5.

34. Ryan Schwarz (SDM)

@Enorama

Yo8stfGeJYT9cedCcNDl2xMs3gx75LNB0sOSdP2jPxd3mAVNrum7Fjv3USzuyiVvglycHQVIOCIys4L3lLwDOu2F-buzXAc44bfHTwAhZ20xh9Ubx1jVqtDtiF9oTU_vX6ONBwhT

0.96 Goals-per 60 (25th)

0.72 Assists-per 60 (40th)

4.64 Shots-per 60 (45th)

+0.88 Plus/Minus per 60 (20th)

Schwarz has had a good season with the Marlins so far. He has been great in the defensive zone, frequently taking the puck away from opponents. His shot has also seen improvement. The only things I see Schwarz having to improve on is his passing. He is good at getting pucks to the net, but sometimes he shoots when another move is the best option. This would just come down to the situation and I think as his hockey IQ improves, he’ll know exactly what to do. The future is very bright for Schwarz.

33. Chris Reynolds (LVA)

@Crstats23

2YdnYkIrZQak-dPrRsBY_CqBmCSdRnEmsCaHbTf7p3LX2Awbz-8pvAfKjMUdabbG4nka7MN51HmUL-ij5IQaslohdndTZ82hoBKbrAfw_8kRq7zpPxslimaJzv9K8yl65UMLtGoA

0.76 Goals-per 60 (35th)

0.68 Assists-per 60 (42nd)

6.68 Shots-per 60 (34th)

+1.10 Plus/Minus per 60 (16th)

Reynolds has been a great piece for the Aces this season. He’s a versatile forward who can play almost anywhere up and down the lineup and be productive. He has been a solid point producer, but where he really shines is in the defensive zone. He’s consistently the first forward back when the opposing team has the back and doesn’t give the opposition an easy zone entry, standing them up at the blue line. He also isn’t afraid to drop down into the shooting lanes.

32. Andre LeBastard (MIA)

@Andre LeBastard

OkD9PBcu7re0Qe50JfQlRFqtpeyuvi5ucCuzXU8jX2CJwL_XaD3swD1fPDJTdW1sBaRYBy2ZBRFW1d5yLKSMijtmTXnC6e2u4lKgyUGzfPUzajGEA1NK_JKadHE2sNTJWsDrJkPJ

0.71 Goals-per 60 (38th)

1.10 Assists-per 60 (31st)

5.86 Shots-per 60 (36th)

+0.77 Plus/Minus per 60 (21st)

LeBastard has been a very dynamic player for the Marauders this year. He has mostly played in that first line center spot and has been consistently putting points up all year. His defensive play has improved tremendously from last year, shown by his willingness to block shots and his improved stick checking abilities. As the captain of the Marauders, he hopes to lead them deep into the playoffs.

31. Alec Volchenkov (OTT)

@SirRupertBarnes

9OWw9ogtTE0AKl8jy26-YcPWWXD-FMd8-upDA4Dh3L5yfKiWClxBLzikPiMGU4Rwr2hdi98ooMEeeAKf79stWsTvOn6KAj58vjv67IrRAtmz_LLBpJR2aIJ4PpSvCJtmCF7nFwNn

0.60 Goals-per 60 (43rd)

1.69 Assists-per 60 (11th)

7.13 Shots-per 60 (32nd)

+0.24 Plus/Minus per 60 (35th)

Starting off a stretch of 3 straight Ottawa players on this list, Volchenkov is one of the best playmaking forwards on a surging Lynx squad searching for a Founder’s Cup title. Volchenkov’s play 5 on 5 has been tremendous. His shot is there secretly and he has a knack for getting pucks on net, but he needs to work on his defensive play. He’s a pretty good defender don’t get me wrong, but he could be a lot better given his ceiling. If he is able to learn more about defense and implement that into his play, he will be even more dangerous next year. I see a bright future for him.

30. Lexi Glass (OTT)

@AW13

0F1gn2UCLASu21H_sQzo5pK1zPXimSUJyPYvR4Zaud4z_s5fioX4t5goDh6RBMhZjy3MzNonfP7dwDKexyR-TACzIgAWpgXOzI1b6aWtHqR1d9go7HqxMa9tPUpo2J5sh2IUSjQ5

1.15 Goals-per 60 (16th)
0.57 Assists-per 60 (45th)

5.57 Shots-per 60 (39th)

+1.07 Plus/Minus per 60 (18th)

Glass has become a very big piece of this Lynx team. His shooting ability is already there, not shooting the puck very often, but making it count. His shooting percentage this season has been extremely impressive, sitting at 19.39% through 45 games. When other teams hone in on his shot, he is also very efficient at passing. He can put a one timer on a tee. He is no defensive slouch either, being one of the best defensive forwards in the league. I do not see a weak spot in his game and it will be interesting to see how far he has come in a few years time, especially if he puts in the work like he has been doing up to this point.

29. S Kuchar (OTT)

@S. Kuchar

rmeS4QCB8flGEFaWxZo2QsPKl6N_HZL87SsgpwniEklKasARyg5MmchwHY0p29USSsjboiEIaB2qjG9RQ6H1UVeHnzEnLmvjw0BIpb64v11zGnFql69Z0jW_iHNJziPLsavygu5m

0.76 Goals-per 60 (34th)

0.76 Assists-per 60 (37th)

7.81 Shots-per 60 (27th)

+1.29 Plus/Minus per 60 (15th)

Kuchar has been a great two way addition for the Lynx. Despite being a smaller player with a 5’10 frame, he is one of the fiercest players out there. He is great at forechecking and always makes sure to send a message by finishing his checks. He has been a consistent point producer all season long to boot, not to mention he plays great in the defensive zone. He will be a fun player to watch after he makes the jump to the VHL.

28. Gary Rush (LVA)

@G_Rush

S40e4rNlavY0lsuWjZQwm-PBhmsV-Mv8Vo2hlk1Hqg4-_TDbD-J0qfUZkQBRc3sS2fKuqK2srJqJr90ui4C-BGPJYAKvoq5UYxY_kCDqm1-DFQ8ZyshpizeCIqFuMms2uztBzVYb

1.19 Goals-per 60 (14th)

0.79 Assists-per 60 (35th)

8.06 Shots-per 60 (26th)

+0.20 Plus/Minus per 60 (37th)

Rush has been a player to watch for the Aces this season, moving into his own as a top shooter for them. He still chips in with his already slick passing game and is great at putting pucks on net. The only place I think Rush needs work is on the defensive side of the ice. He has been a plus player, but I think if he had just a bit more defensive knowledge, he would become a force in the defensive zone. Time will tell, but even if he needs the defensive growth or not, Rush is still a great offensive compliment to any lineup.

27. Darius Marimoto (PHI)

@dariusmarimotoman

Cj_ItmbVjjbn6aptTNJX4l4-P3j0MVbWJFai5U7Aw7gIwRp_IR6K2Oeu8OmCDuwYGY00Qm_2R73kLx5Fa1V_Dvj1iR7ZOnYNalWMxMywfdliW2rWjyUgmFIIMZ7yG68mbniJ-0KS

1.05 Goals-per 60 (22nd)

1.31 Assists-per 60 (25th)

8.44 Shots-per 60 (24th)

+0.07 Plus/Minus per 60 (39th)

The first of two Reapers players inside the top 30, Marimoto has been playing great during an abysmal season for the Reapers. He can consistently set up his teammates for scoring chances or shooting the puck himself. He is a great fighter in the zone, not afraid to fight for the puck and knows how to get the puck on net. Despite what his Plus/Minus rating may say, he’s been a great defensive forward, managing to still be a plus player with the insane amount of goals that opponents have scored against the Reapers. It will be fun to watch him grow with the Reapers next year with the help he hopefully receives around him.

26. Onde Sandstrom (LVA)

@fonziGG

Jz6CkQ3oDwpWXa1RZibrIXDalOgN5XKM4OZ0OshYKckYKj3q3Z3e-2qriN8Fi-8G_xx02yp3LFm9PB3WJsSD7niex1cTK7iSN9nMQRO52QaPkro2T8Ge18k5ExA8aPpqQsLsU2if

0.92 Goals-per 60 (28th)

0.99 Assists-per 60 (34th)

10.49 Shots-per 60 (9th)

+0.33 Plus/Minus per 60 (34th)

Sandstrom has been a force with the Aces this season. His ability to get pucks on net and stop oncoming opponents in the neutral zone have been noticeable. He is one of the most consistent offensive producers in the league, going on massive point-streaks throughout the season. His defensive play has also been noticeable. It could use a bit of work but he’s been playing solid in his own end, never giving up a soft goal while he is on the ice.

25. Tomothe Dylansen (PHI)

@Boomcheck

kAFEC2lrWDaSCLw3zJuo674MUQbjN3RNPMECkmY-oRhjsToh0RC_uONoOZ8OuVMSG-rkMU9nmUSdeqeHyYeeEfNlv92RXyuXYO8-wCBkNFL6SelAerdsM1Jz2gCdkVjUpyVYe24J

1.35 Goals-per 60 (10th)

1.28 Assists-per 60 (26th)

7.44 Shots-per 60 (31st)

+0.21 Plus/Minus per 60 (36th)

Dylansen has been another member of the Reapers who has been playing out of his mind this season. He is a pure two-way forward with a great shot and great puck handling skills. Just like Marimoto, he has been great in the defensive zone especially considering Philadelphia’s roster this season. It will be interesting to see him and Marimoto when they have some more forward help and stability in net and defensively.

24. Isabella Campbell (HOU)

@Banackock

HaiBV3qSnqDi-xqplcCIaf0LBzEJW3EIFlXe4rzFGjvHapvP7aYpr8Dx8AQzZ2c8jimBkMrNYbXMHhHV94KjJ1FZ0-JVnYqvn4Qlv2G20KFJU0Jh2O8_Ra55ny4p-6nN4szHvwtI

0.87 Goals-per 60 (29th)

1.48 Assists-per 60 (18th)

5.03 Shots-per 60 (41st)

+1.41 Plus/Minus per 60 (12th)

The first of six Houston Bulls players to appear in the top 25, Campbell has had a solid year with the Bulls, coming into her own as a playmaker in the offensive zone. Campbell is also great at taking the puck into the offensive zone. Defensively, she is no slouch either, being a plus player in Houston’s heavy offence system. It will be interesting to see her develop and I think she will be a top player in either the VHLM or VHL someday.

23. O Sens (MIA)
@osens

Ir29IhV5TtvyQxGj8ai7LKBoK0Z2nUe4gEQcIqejoswbYNWkC4Rzql0rzvvxatki_ChqDJTIbFEce2Orgmupp8XcPLm6JL_RzDyKVN1ppEWjGmZfBOUBH2MFll_URQLIspLQ8Na1

0.95 Goals-per 60 (26th)

1.03 Assists-per 60 (32nd)

8.45 Shots-per 60 (23rd)

+1.10 Plus/Minus per 60 (17th)

Sens is a great forward for Miami. He has been a steady point producer on a competing Miami squad that was on fire to start the season. Sens is known for his shooting ability. More specifically, his ability to put the puck on net from anywhere on the ice and his ability to pick the corners when he shoots. He is no defensive slouch either, playing great in the defensive zone and being a force in the neutral zone, denying several zone entries while he is on the ice. When you consider that both him and fellow Marauder Patrik Laine will be heading off to Helsinki next season, it will be interesting to see the chemistry that has developed between the two and how they will fit in that Helsinki lineup.

22. Dan Baillie Jr (SSK)

@wcats

3xcfs9iIBhpQToR761z3emIJDe9dOcKBxdFxmGkD_k3iZWolaz7TBHgu3ffDPauOkE-dPpFyLvpcLPJRkuNehXetKKCwm3Zayfwm1a2I7QHT3iQzCZnFAtRhVQ9WLtlAd0x_nXiC

0.86 Goals-per 60 (30th)

1.80 Assists-per 60 (5th)

8.12 Shots-per 60 (25th)

+0.16 Plus/Minus per 60 (38th)

Baillie has been one of the best passers in the league this season with Saskatoon. His ability to thread the needle whether he’s at the point or below the goal line is impressive. He has a good shot as well and is good at grinding for pucks in the corners and throwing them to the net. His defensive ability could use a little bit of work, but he still plays great in the defensive zone night in and night out. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next few seasons.

21. Wolf Weiss (MEX)

@Matmenzinger

5qvpIDXVM0xllP_xAAQRljkr4tk6K5PWH-hhH5-sFdcEJWxEws0q8HLiaBzCcDgHBzPBiQ8BRXBoTx0_8KVqiXot3ud5HauLNmfjyuxz9EWUMvK1t_DKhylHWSQwdNjios4ti8Vc

1.41 Goals-per 60 (8th)

1.41 Assists-per 60 (22nd)

9.58 Shots-per 60 (16th)

-0.32 Plus/Minus per 60 (43rd)

Weiss has been a bright spot on a Mexico City roster this year. Weiss has come into his own with one of the best wrist shots in the league. Combine this with his playmaking ability and defensive play without much help around him other than another Mexico City forward coming up on our list and it is easy to see why Mexico City fans can be excited by what they see in Weiss.

20. Roadkill Steve (SDM)

@stevo

v-E4m-V4bclEFoDeCRnEydpqQFYVNWWO5cAXGJJdCdX_dcf_XLA0gXF8ZoQ59BGNa2sUdVMyAhEiiwu5OK8A4FWpoFgTJ8oLaoOp6UyxDkyb4ZLBf1lEzQSWYmjMOKAaWITSC7qZ

1.06 Goals-per 60 (20th)

1.24 Assists-per 60 (28th)

10.65 Shots-per 60 (8th)

+0.47 Plus/Minus per 60 (31st)

Steve has been a solid supporting forward for the Marlins this season. His ability to fight for pucks and get pucks on net have led to a rise in his minutes. He also has a fine touch, recording a lot of goals and assists with his great playmaking and shooting abilities. He is no defensive slouch either, constantly taking the puck from opposing players in his own zone. I think Steve will develop into a solid player you can fit pretty much anywhere in your roster, but time will tell.

19. Keith Krestanovich (SSK)

@Boragina

MjqRoGKifBdR6_4gYR_dROi_S1Qn7EX81c1PXbaClXfAe1O-t-QQugD0qvmYRDjMn7w2qeDKSUlm5lyMp1S_LOzoTJ0h5hd071B8AOsqbi8V6JcpPFgctlZOMwaZmJ-lv2E4XBj7

1.36 Goals-per 60 (9th)

1.36 Assists-per 60 (24th)

9.18 Shots-per 60 (19th)

+0.45 Plus/Minus per 60 (32nd)

Krestanovich has blossomed into a great player with Saskatoon. Him and Dan Baillie Jr are a great duo as Baillie can set him up for his signature wrist shots. Krestanovich can also ground and pound in the corner with a loose puck. His ability to use his body to shield the puck and take control helps him win those battles more often than not. He also plays great in his own zone, not hesitating to step into a shooting lane.

18. Christian Mingle (HOU)

@Quik

6OWKGw4BVr12V_3-21nHM4UIY5PpKKfXYFGXVspFKw35uKLVuL3s5p7mioqwLe8rDqwnXWagu_9o8rtqmeEAPR0uN6BwAqFw2vnzo0b0zz-GYfJMUt8afgMYBuI27ZhDdfnmFZ0q

1.14 Goals-per 60 (18th)

1.02 Assists-per 60 (33rd)

10.45 Shots-per 60 (10th)

+0.72 Plus/Minus per 60 (23rd)

Mingle has developed into an excellent scorer for Houston. He is great at scoring goals and getting pucks on net. His playmaking ability is also great, often making no look passes to open teammates. His defensive game has grown throughout the season, becoming one of the best two-way forwards in this Houston lineup. I can’t wait to see where Mingle is at in a few years as he continues to get better.

17. Julian Nousiainen (HOU)

@okochastar

VMzm2BC9knSBFFcx5HR3mwEIzccs7A2PYcmILOTd4p5SFxA51Oa5SbVl24OhDFSqf2BDN2dMx0FPaLMNTHGrKN0xygGiJowicGKHBv6wUGkN2ukxsNmevoz5f5M06FZe9Pv_Vp2Y

1.14 Goals-per 60 (17th)

1.74 Assists-per 60 (7th)

9.67 Shots-per 60 (15th)

+0.06 Plus/Minus per 60 (40th)

Nousiainen has become an offensive machine. Nousiainen has seen a lot of growth offensively due to Houston’s heavy offense system. Nousiainen can easily make highlight reel passes and score goals, becoming very dynamic with a surging Houston lineup. Nousiainen would be a great fit in any lineup whether it is as a depth forward or as a superstar. Nousiainen isn’t afraid to fight for the puck either, often going into the corner and taking big hits to retrieve the puck.

16. Jeremy Lin (MEX)

@jman9theman9

SHCCzySuR9suGGgI2vNKDW0Vz--YYlg1FCb_1mkUA0kY1UJoprvxxGhgPGElRRl9UFP_aKe0xrSMbaGtHRhWKiXAlacyPHGl7xRiyKVYz8NUTj4caEFDAAq52Un2Vx4ca3kOh8oe

1.45 Goals-per 60 (6th)

1.68 Assists-per 60 (12th)

9.99 Shots-per 60 (13th)

-0.17 Plus/Minus per 60 (42nd)

Lin has been a great performer in Mexico City this year. His ability to score goals and create offense with very little help around him aside for Weiss is amazing. Mexico does have some decent prospects coming up the pipe and it will be interesting to see how they fit in the lineup with Lin. Despite what the plus/minus rating says, Lin has been great in his own zone, doing every he can to keep pucks out of Mexico City’s net. It will be interesting to see where his game will be at once he enters the VHL.

15. Cole Newhook (MIN)
@GrittyIsKing09

tOLKuDahsIRLAwFg3IkjjCFtmahcNGI3f6kars34J_kEE7tuWkPcZqoF3N5mZqfv2RTE64MNNpUyyzZbBRn4dvEBA_lZyukRRNAblWca7Nm22aFtE7l3F4sS7ynHwOmdox1xIt-e

0.64 Goals-per 60 (41st)

2.04 Assists-per 60 (3rd)

8.75 Shots-per 60 (21st)

+1.81 Plus/Minus per 60 (6th)

Newhook is one of the best playmakers on this year’s Minnesota Storm roster. His ability to pass from below the net or from the blue line is very impressive. Also, the accuracy of his passes that are long passes, like from his own zone to the opposing blue line are also extremely impressive. He plays great in his own zone too, using his skill set to steal the puck, protect the puck and then pass it out to a teammate. Newhook is a fun player to watch and will be for years to come.

14. John Brewitt (MIN)

@JBrew42

EQ2PIf1zdJ_1v0sJ7yjGo0Lwu925tQwhVozkLNAIi_XxQjvjCPWzvZN0zb1OVRJk5B8XryFGUn070m2JRpQ4Vdi3Ow47EtDviBSoYqnRuhVDBB3MXIuKaXcwX2ejWEbJIlJUhyv_

1.26 Goals-per 60 (12th)

1.21 Assists-per 60 (29th)

8.90 Shots-per 60 (20th)

+1.61 Plus/Minus per 60 (8th)

Just ahead of Newhook is one of the best shooters in the Minnesota lineup. Brewitt has a great wrist shot and can throw the puck on the opposing net from anywhere on the ice. His defensive abilities are impressive too. He can use his body to shield the puck and keep attacking players away and while protecting it can knock it to a teammate to rush the other way. Brewitt is a complete 200-foot player and it will be interesting to see how good he will end up by the time his career is over.

13. Patrik Laine (MIA)

@PatrikLaine

yg0nuxWoRBRlAO2XTcEkooejFqfwINxPe1sFRlVyjAw08kFcuIaqa5Po3hGJ75pDHUuCojeDgMMAkuP0jPiBe3_Zd9dxTniRMHEdZj1UtpEJzXWjITtnd6gp3pjifKvLQxn5GmnX

1.03 Goals-per 60 (23nd)

1.67 Assists-per 60 (13th)

9.46 Shots-per 60 (18th)

+1.93 Plus/Minus per 60 (2nd)

Laine has been an interesting case to watch all season. He was originally looking to play in the VHL but ended up staying down with the Marauders. Laine has an excellent wrist shot and an equally deadly one timer. He is also one of the best defensive forwards in the league, consistently back first on the back check and able to steal the puck more often than not. The problem for Laine this year has been consistency. He started the season off scoring pretty much at will, but has cooled off since, having many game sheets filled with zeros. If Laine can be consistent down the stretch and into the playoffs, he will be a fun player to watch.

12. Dakota Lamb (MIA)

@dlamb

YM9MFPqCD6r0_Gc8Ar9TFYUkr5m6pWylRGJeY9aM2rOWpax_Vp6Axp47ku2HXY6LZiwkPQSUvJBfhj_31dh30G8KqKQeXK-lRn4jzJX7s-ZmYymlaiWYx7QQnJ32wU2v7fcE5wp1

1.05 Goals-per 60 (21st)

1.77 Assists-per 60 (6th)

8.59 Shots-per 60 (22nd)

1.84 Plus/Minus per 60 (4th)

Lamb was a force to be reckoned with last year when he played with Miami during their inaugural season in the VHLM. After his play so far this year, his growth as a player is extremely noticeable. He still has that great shot, but has turned into more of a playmaker with a better supporting cast around him. He has also improved his defensive play, honing his stick checking and shot blocking abilities during the offseason. It will be interesting to see how he will be used in the VHL.

11. Jeffrenomitsu The 3rd (HOU)

@Jeffie43

0L0bGZbV8lIGlJQwVpSAT_9vF7egIfAKKwSOlHLgbOUd4h9LVMBWUVCRbjAltlx9omW66POLK5hURnvUs-EHYoQF4SI3ZvY6ckzkxDhGx6w-GY1r0HrYwZHwsEYb4CU7NX9HlmGl

1.03 Goals-per 60 (24th)

1.69 Assists-per 60 (10th)

9.50 Shots-per 60 (17th)

+1.60 Plus/Minus per 60 (9th)

Jeff has been a great forward on both ends of the ice. His playmaking ability is one of the reasons for Houston’s power play operating at 35% and their high flying style being so successful. He knows how to properly fight for the puck in the corner and knows when to carry pucks in or throw them on net. He also has a great wrist shot. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the VHL, but I sure as hell will be watching him no matter what team he goes to.

10. Jer Lefebvre (MIN)

@Jer_Lefebvre

8jLtV4LR6F0HRHka7t0g6_WrRXps4fOaqzdvm314tPAumpQ8KF4dw00efLRwLtZ7ct5Q3Kqn6Bkgs5zz97pNhVHD1H3fLny2V6YEy32bnRKDCi7vGVUHHRA94BqMU42XmmrPoHdv

1.25 Goals-per 60 (13th)

1.64 Assists-per 60 (14th)

9.78 Shots-per 60 (14th)

+1.47 Plus/Minus per 60 (11th)

Kicking off the top 10 is Jer Lefebvre of the Minnesota Storm. He has been the best balanced forward on the Storm roster. He has a great wrist shot and excellent passing ability in the offensive zone and great stick checking and shot blocking skills in the defensive zone. He has been a fun player to watch so far this year and he’s only going to get better.

9. Aloe Dear (HOU)

@Renomitsu

XMKzPr2e4xWa1vzrB6dAbetAj_982fe2cKxmYGB9JX0Vm7IC849ogbw04wlMbJEUP0vY6VP2JwLy5rpV4dA3LRMkJVltvGI5cDcmahxQP94gTsOR842bEglxI7Dr0WYeOXmgRMdu

1.18 Goals-per 60 (15th)

1.61 Assists-per 60 (16th)

10.23 Shots-per 60 (12th)

+1.80 Plus/Minus per 60 (7th)

Dear has been a big part of Houston’s success this season. Dear has the ability to pick the perfect shot and make the perfect pass. She is also good defensively in her own zone. However, she has to be one of the smartest players on the ice. Just looking at small clips in all 3 phases of the game, you can tell she knows where everyone is on the ice. I can’t wait to see how good she will get in the coming years.

8. Pietro Angellini (SDM)

@okifenoki

2OZ4TMODHfzo4m3x7imREFbLLSEbblsT3Cvlnn-XBPr7eW5C1YWIxRlw5uyrxkuWlt-Bu2WYqh_y_vUUwI_Vf6-TrtPSBUvOe9YbVDv9BeiimTAgy8sApp7_tcz5Ukmb-6gAvrbn

1.13 Goals-per 60 (19th)

1.85 Assists-per 60 (4th)

12.76 Shots-per 60 (4th)

+0.72 Plus/Minus per 60 (22nd)

Angellini has been one of the best passers in the league on a seemingly playoff-bound Marlins squad. His ability to make passes to teammates, even when he can’t see them is impressive. Angellini also has a booming slapshot, frequently shooting one timers using his ability. He is also no slouch into the defensive zone as he is one of the best stick checkers in the league. It will be interesting to see how good Angellini will get before he embarks on his journey to the VHL.

7. John Merrick (SDM)

@Steve

MSSHp2DLhDD_D65MMN51hmC_SjK-ei5TLQ52jgMniTgftZ8VnlGa-VA1k7ybHliYZbecOD6bx3D6aR33-vKgPW9mtunau3KWDZIi7tJ0VRC4jReEhzdXInbbw3qZVHkWqxWl9AC-

1.44 Goals-per 60 (7th)

1.50 Assists-per 60 (17th)

10.31 Shots-per 60 (11th)

+1.33 Plus/Minus per 60 (13th)

After being picked 1st overall in the S73 VHLM Dispersal Draft, you would expect the stakes to be high for John Merrick. Well, he has lived up to hype. He has one of the best wrist shots in the league and can score from pretty much anywhere in the offensive zone. He is also a great passer who knows exactly where his teammates will be. He is also great in the defensive zone with his ability to block shots and steal the puck.

6. Venus Thightrap (HOU)

@BladeMaiden

qcQGd02jaXsAv6W99TzDZvxHI_XPvTAWvv1Ckn1M-tgkMMB5BUu0qirzxAv3ETMSXMbyhMuRhAU3W4Br8Lc3NehlNofrl4y3YkCghyawR1LYjYFqVeN-iP7tybeR_2UuiaNE4YT0

1.32 Goals-per 60 (11th)

2.15 Assists-per 60 (2nd)

11.75 Shots-per 60 (6th)

+0.52 Plus/Minus per 60 (29th)

The highest ranking lady on our list is Venus Thightrap. Venus has an incredible shot. Her wrist shot and one timer are like bullets. She is an excellent playmaker as well, not afraid to use her body to separate her opponents from the puck and her ability to make no looks passes has surprised me time and again this season. She loves to get the puck on net when she enters the offensive zone and it has paid off throughout the season. She has excellent defensive abilities too, not afraid of dropping down to block and shot and able to steal the puck with ease using her stick checking abilities. The only weakness I see in her game at the moment is the faceoff dot. She already has all of the other important aspects of her style to a tee and if she is able to become a threat in the faceoff dot, I see her making a big splash in the VHL next season.

5. Kasey Tamm (LVA)

@kesytamm

flwtnPVd82W9byp7Grj8lpjA-yMuHshtZoeEdxndKLepTUbTZwADqOGBBw7dyAQRfnTSb8lCkOcrzFdEn82MAyjTltVvq_PPNJj2fYvQA7-NzNwSwV-cjZitcGdtSH1ZJDt5wHzx

1.72 Goals-per 60 (2nd)

1.64 Assists-per 60 (15th)

14.61 Shots-per 60 (1st)
+0.90 Plus/Minus per 60 (18th)

Kicking off our top 5 is Kasey Tamm of the Las Vegas Aces. Tamm is great at putting pucks on net and battling for pucks, ranking first in shots per 60. Tamm also has an excellent wrist shot. Tamm has been working on evident weaknesses in the defensive zone and comparing film from the first game of the season versus now is like night and day. I am excited to see how good Tamm will get before making the jump to the VHL.

4. Arthur Dayne (OTT)

@Infernal

j_hm8gUdmyVXpxZBoTulzsMsNXdgHaufIsOJ8KBFUWhlKYTxJ6pDAW_70G4cGkjM8Pw_9cEMfjqYJ0abDZ7E1qG_oG0kkU2OBtL4cGt2_MeLxmQBo3OpevW1h6iehdfCR5IursWl

1.48 Goals-per 60 (5th)

1.72 Assists-per 60 (9th)

11.05 Shots-per 60 (7th)

+1.31 Plus/Minus per 60 (14th)

In an interesting trade earlier this season, Arthur Dayne was sent to the Ottawa Lynx. The trade so far has paid off for both Dayne and the Lynx in spades as Dayne has been having a great season with Ottawa. He has a great shot and playmaking ability. He gets pucks to the net consistently and can often surprise opposing goalies by faking a dump in and throwing it on the net. Dayne has also come into his own as a great defensive forward, often helping Ottawa barricade their blue lines and letting no one get past him easily.

3. Michael Hall (MIN)

@Hops

8GUvz8yR9WawAn9mGci4X3hkaJFUdEB7-2DiavQNFcsDHQ5zqxOZT-6hfWlOYF2H_CQq4_GKF_JVr-Hlnq7lpGJbDXTE9mpIuL0EwTtsW6m2FkP3ndqNA3zXLNV49lOH1uVpNz0L

1.58 Goals-per 60 (4th)

1.47 Assists-per 60 (19th)

12.56 Shots-per 60 (5th)

+1.82 Plus/Minus per 60 (5th)

Hall has been an absolute force up and down the ice in Minnesota, good enough to rank 3rd on my list. He has a wicked wrist shot and loves to throw the puck on net. He has playmaking ability as well, adding to an already threatening arsenal of skills. He is good defensively too, but perhaps his biggest strength is his puck handling. He dangles the puck like it is on a string. I can’t wait to see his play go to the next level later this season.

2. Jesper Norberg (SSK)

@jpsd

OHEnQFg4tr4n2_XPmpoXqX6uTblfrnZ3Qd46KywA0eDtTH-L1NGP3buJUKccKDPCFtgivgoANiqJrVpTb-JL_tBW0jINQSPFrSSM4E81TpyZPpyCLJ9kszIF5XnB3Nj31hr7gkdw

1.73 Goals-per 60 (1st)

1.73 Assists-per 60 (8th)

13.26 Shots-per 60 (3rd)

+1.53 Plus/Minus per 60 (10th)

Coming in at 2nd on our list is Jesper Norberg of the Saskatoon Wild. Norberg is a natural goal scorer, shown by him ranking first in goals per 60. He also loves to shoot the puck and surprise the goaltenders. He can make excellent passes with his great vision of the ice and is no slouch in the defensive zone either, often taking the puck back before a dangerous chance is given up. Norberg and our number 1 ranked forward make a great duo.

1. Florent Vericel (SSK)

@dart

aNwAcNQH976YKMToftdSXpvzHqo79F1KbeKlnd82FTVcV-TGga-3lQZAdhan5YE7bjyx7m6QOTcHqnWlqDEExZVhl7tdS5vLFWlC9hc0MbDzsGsPav8RMdiYLuuWGSUDwY_NKOC0

1.58 Goals-per 60 (3rd)

2.27 Assists-per 60 (1st)

13.69 Shots-per 60 (2nd)

+1.97 Plus/Minus per 60 (1st)

Ranking at number one on our list of forwards is Florent Vericel of the Saskatoon Wild! Florent has a great wrist shot, but his passing ability is one of a kind. He can make passes without even looking where his teammates are. He also loves to get pucks on net, ranking 2nd in shots per 60. However, his defensive ability is amazing. He rarely takes penalties while defending and can use stick checking and body checking to get the puck. He also isn’t afraid to jump into the shooting lanes. It will be really fun to see how much better Vericel can get and how he will perform at the VHL level.

(6,418 words, 34,630 characters)

Excel Sheet will be linked here

Edited by PatrikLaine

Review: Wow, this was something! It was well-researched, including both stats and info on the players. When are we going to get a defenseman-oriented one? And then a goalies? You're tired out, you say? lol jk. It would be awesome to see where Bacon would go. So if I understood correctly, you weighted goals, assists, +/-, and shots equally, right? I wonder: would there have been a better way? I mean, probably not easier, but better? I really enjoyed this! You had the graphics on each team, and it might have been fun to have an overarching graphic, like the VHLM logo, or, of course, the Marauders logo haha. Awesome job, man! Score: 9.8/10

An interesting article but idk if I’d call it “top forwards”, Florent is a solid 2C who isn’t getting double shifted so his minutes are substantially lower, inflating his numbers based on averages. He doesn’t even crack top 25 players in points. Is he bad, no, is he the best, not by a long shot.

16 minutes ago, ColeMrtz said:

An interesting article but idk if I’d call it “top forwards”, Florent is a solid 2C who isn’t getting double shifted so his minutes are substantially lower, inflating his numbers based on averages. He doesn’t even crack top 25 players in points. Is he bad, no, is he the best, not by a long shot.

I stated in the disclaimer that if the list seems a bit off, it is because I used stats in reference to ice time. This is a list of the forwards who are making the most of their ice time, not necessarily raw statistics because if you measure it that way, players who get more ice time have an instant advantage.

Edited by PatrikLaine

35 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

I stated in the disclaimer that if the list seems a bit off, it is because I used stats in reference to ice time. This is a list of the forwards who are making the most of their ice time, not necessarily raw statistics because if you measure it that way, players who get more ice time have an instant advantage.

Hence why I wasn’t shitting on the list, it’s a lot of very interesting and relevant statistics, I just don’t think it to be a fair representation of the league’s “top forwards”, which makes the title a little misleading.

33 minutes ago, ColeMrtz said:

Hence why I wasn’t shitting on the list, it’s a lot of very interesting and relevant statistics, I just don’t think it to be a fair representation of the league’s “top forwards”, which makes the title a little misleading.

Fair point, I should probably re-think the title

3 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

salt GIF

3 hours ago, ColeMrtz said:

Hey man, I know you probably didn't use any logic when posting this but like.. if I'm averaging more points with lower minutes wouldn't that make me the better player? If I were getting doubleshifted would I not be scoring more than the people who are being double shifted? 

11 minutes ago, dart said:

Hey man, I know you probably didn't use any logic when posting this but like.. if I'm averaging more points with lower minutes wouldn't that make me the better player? If I were getting doubleshifted would I not be scoring more than the people who are being double shifted? 

Putting the jab aside, you’re a fairly high TPE 2C, you’re going up against guys below your weight class majority of the time. If you weren’t producing more per minute that would be a concern. I’m once again not dissing you as a player, you’re preforming really well, but to say you are the best in the league while there are higher TPE/higher scoring players just simply isn’t true. If you were playing first line minutes your numbers would look substantially worse going against tougher opponents. That’s just how the game works.

15 minutes ago, osens said:

idk, aren't you Missisauga GM and your highest team player is 46th? 

We’re in a rebuild and the guy is IA, why would I expect him to be higher on the list?

Just now, ColeMrtz said:

Putting the jab aside, you’re a fairly high TPE 2C, you’re going up against guys below your weight class majority of the time. If you weren’t producing more per minute that would be a concern. I’m once again not dissing you as a player, you’re preforming really well, but to say you are the best in the league while there are higher TPE/higher scoring players just simply isn’t true. If you were playing first line minutes your numbers would look substantially worse going against tougher opponents. That’s just how the game works.

We’re in a rebuild and the guy is IA, why would I expect him to be higher on the list?

Skip Bayless of VHLM over here, I'm not even a center lol. My utilization rate is just better, that's why I'm first. 

4 minutes ago, dart said:

Skip Bayless of VHLM over here, I'm not even a center lol. My utilization rate is just better, that's why I'm first. 

STHS has poor formatting and puts LW in the middle, my bad. Point still stands. You can die on this hill if you feel the need but the numbers don’t lie.AE64E2EF-687C-43A5-82B5-094F4E5416C9.jpeg.8fb5aceaa94d2de093c4ad3eeaecf93d.jpeg