Still here

Da Trifecta

Who else is surprised that I am still here with a player? Granted not as active and haven't updated in a couple months but I am still here and haven't retired yet. I'm slowly playing things and trying to keep a budget player around for Moscow. The thing is that if I don't update, then I will get surpassed by people coming in from the draft and I will eventually lose my spot on the team. It just hit me that I need to get back into some kind of updating if I want to stick around and not be shown the door. Well this is my lame ass attempt at keeping up and trying to remain interested. I don't see how those day 1's can manage to still stick around with a player and be here full force. That has to take a lot of work and dedication. I wish that I could end up getting back to that one day but sadly I will probably end up taking another break after this player but it won't be until this guy lasts at least a full career.

1 hour ago, Da Trifecta said:

I don't see how those day 1's can manage to still stick around with a player and be here full force.

Not exactly a day 1 member, but been here long enough - my response is that I don't go all out with every player. While I know that my current player will still be very good, he will not be TPE whored like Smitty was - that's an easy way to burnout. With welfare and media spots for donations and theme week during the season, it's a nice mix of top (but not elite) TPE earning and "less" work.

• Commissioner

There is a certain degree of “Ive been doing this for 13 years, it’s habit by now” that keeps me coming back but the main thing is more or less what @eaglesfan0366 was eluding to. You’ve gotta recognize that TPE isn’t the be all end all. I don’t think I’ve ever had the most TPE in my draft class (by the end, I think I’ve led the class at the draft once or twice) and that’s totally okay. You’re gonna burn yourself out if you constantly think missing a single TPE will be the end of you.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

There is a certain degree of “Ive been doing this for 13 years, it’s habit by now” that keeps me coming back but the main thing is more or less what @eaglesfan0366 was eluding to. You’ve gotta recognize that TPE isn’t the be all end all. I don’t think I’ve ever had the most TPE in my draft class (by the end, I think I’ve led the class at the draft once or twice) and that’s totally okay. You’re gonna burn yourself out if you constantly think missing a single TPE will be the end of you.

Why did you tag my alternate account

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, chatfan036 said:

Why did you tag my alternate account

Because I'm an idiot and still can't remember the difference between you and your brother after 13 years obviously.

Also because it was 7am and I wasn't paying attention to which of you responded.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Because I'm an idiot and still can't remember the difference between you and your brother after 13 years obviously.

Also because it was 7am and I wasn't paying attention to which of you responded.

Two strikes - wrong brother, wrong account for the wrong brother.