The "Help Jardy Buy a Laptop" Thread

JardyB10

Ok young man, first off fuck Mac/Apple/Chrome. The first two are over priced. Google owns Chrome and they're sketchy like Faceplantbook and steal your personal info.

They all run a variant of Linux but have propriety on the OS installed.

I myself like HP but they're not popular anymore. Stay away from Dell also. Cheap shit.

Higher priced Acers are decent which I know from. Experience. I bought one in 03 and the 17" screened prick is still ticking. Cost me $ 650 back then.

Also Sony Aveo are decent. Those are my picks.

If you do decide to swap out Shit Windows OS, I recommend Linux Mint. 

And lots of beer.

1 hour ago, Fire Hakstol said:

I feel dumb asking this...but we're kidding, right? He's just inactive?

Not to be morbid, but unless he’s messaged one of Will or Bek, nobody actually knows. Not many here have ties to others here in the real world. If I stopped showing up, there’s no way anyone here would actually find out if I died or not. 

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Quik said:

Not to be morbid, but unless he’s messaged one of Will or Bek, nobody actually knows. Not many here have ties to others here in the real world. If I stopped showing up, there’s no way anyone here would actually find out if I died or not. 

I was texting Jardy a few months back (July) to try and get his old backups. That’s the last contact I had but he was alive as of the summer for sure.

19 hours ago, Quik said:

I used to have him on facebook like a few other VHLers, then he became ashamed of us and purged us from his friend list. That was years ago though.

19 hours ago, Quik said:

I remember seeing him as online on the discord once within the last few months, he didn't post anything on the VHL discord though.

Just now, .sniffuM said:

I used to have him on facebook like a few other VHLers, then he became ashamed of us and purged us from his friend list. That was years ago though.

Honestly, I forgot facebook was a thing. But yeah, I don't have any of you guys on my socials...mostly because I don't have any social media except a twitter I use for news lol, but still!

43 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Yeah me too. Not sure why he had to cut me since we're from the same province so no one would have known any different. Maybe I'll find him on there again

• 6 months later...

Funny that this thread got bumped...

On 6/11/2014 at 12:57 AM, Mike said:

Was gonna say go with that ASUS at a lower price specs are good though. If you get 3.5-4 years out of that laptop for 500 it will be a great deal.

4 years it was indeed! Hard drive shit the bed last year, which was partially responsible for my absence. I can't believe this website is this old already, I should dig through my post history to see what sort of cringey shit I was up to...

11 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Funny that this thread got bumped...

Wow wow wow buddy, you can’t come marching in here after your funeral like it’s nothing, we already made the Fucking gravestone 

1 minute ago, uphillmoss said:

Wow wow wow buddy, you can’t come marching in here after your funeral like it’s nothing, we already made the Fucking gravestone 

I demand to see Jardy's funeral thread. I'm actually just Anderson coming back to pay my respects.