GOMHL Welcome Event

Beaviss

Hello All,

As some of you may know there used to be a Simulation Hockey League known as the GOMHL. In the past couple of months, they, unfortunately, have closed their doors. Because of this reason I have worked with some of the remaining members of the GOMHL as well as the person who inherited the website to create a little welcome event for the remaining members. 

If you have come from the GOMHL since its doors have closed (May 6th, 2020) you may claim a +20 TPE bonus upon creation.

If you are a first gen in the VHL and had a player in the GOMHL at the time they closed their doors, you are eligible.

This will hopefully give the people of the GOMHL that are looking for a new league a nice incentive to join our VHL community. 

In order to claim this bonus: Please claim as Uncapped TPE > Other, and link directly to your player who was active in the GOMHL at the time they shut their doors

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this event. 

Thank you,

@Commissioner Team

Just adding, since Beav didn't specify: If you are claiming this bonus, please claim as Other>Other, and link directly to your player who was active in the GOMHL at the time they shut their doors.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

I was on the GOMHL. Give me TPE! 

ATTENTION ANYONE IN ANY LEAGUE NOT GOMHL.. now is the time to join if you have an old account on GOMHL. 

31 minutes ago, Quik said:

Just adding, since Beav didn't specify: If you are claiming this bonus, please claim as Other>Other, and link directly to your player who was active in the GOMHL at the time they shut their doors.

1 minute ago, Eso said:

I'd been thinking of joining VHL for a while now, so this is incentive was what finally pushed me over the edge. RIP Buffalo Bison.

I heard Emi has been hounding you. Glad you gave us a try :) 

11 minutes ago, Eso said:

I'd been thinking of joining VHL for a while now, so this is incentive was what finally pushed me over the edge. RIP Buffalo Bison.

Buffalo Bison was good. I was with them once I believe, Seattle 1-2, MTL once too and then Vancouver a bunch :) 

Probably all the teams honestly but O always found my way to VAN. :)

17 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Buffalo Bison was good. I was with them once I believe, Seattle 1-2, MTL once too and then Vancouver a bunch :) 

Probably all the teams honestly but O always found my way to VAN. :)

You was on Ottawa for a season too 

5 minutes ago, Emi said:

You was on Ottawa for a season too 

My last player I floated around a little more I think. Wasn’t a bad idea for a league but not enough there imo to keep it going/growing & full. 

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

GOMHL was pretty fun when I was in it.

If any of you remember Lorne Malvo(LW) on the Ottawa Lumberjacks or Chardee MacDennis(D) that was me.

I think you must have been there before my time. 

I was with Ottawa S21-23 & S25-26

13 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

GOMHL was pretty fun when I was in it.

If any of you remember Lorne Malvo(LW) on the Ottawa Lumberjacks or Chardee MacDennis(D) that was me.

Those names are familiar. I am p0w3r, caretaker of Protoss Archon, Terran Ghost, and Zergling.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:21 AM, Emi said:

I think you must have been there before my time. 

I was with Ottawa S21-23 & S25-26

Yep. Malvo was a S1 or S2 guy, I forget which. He's still in some of the recordbooks for Lumberjacks, especially playoff ones. He was my first player over there then MacDennis was my 2nd one where I eventually went inactive. Too many leagues at once.