S75 draft has worst player names ever?

Victor

• Admin

The art of picking a player name is a difficult one. You want it to be something you won't get bored by, which sounds good and looks good. The traditionalist in me always prefers good hockey names but that's not essential – I did after all also bring in Greg Clegane and Podrick Cast. What you really want is something you look at which does not give you a brain tumour. A couple funky names are always welcome, although ideally not a whole draft of them.

Which brings us to the S75 draft....

image.png

What the actual fuck?

What the fuck?

This is the single worst collection of letters I have ever seen. This looks like AIDS. This sounds like someone slowly scratching a chalk board. This is actually vomit-inducing. I am ashamed that more than 10 fellow members of this league have sat down to think of their recreate's name and this is the best they could think of.

I hope none of you ever have a point per game season. I hope that the venereal disease that hedgehog named his goalie after never posts a shutout. I'm glad gorlab never wins awards because that would be one massive L for the HOF to take.

Good fucking lord. I need to lie down. Fuck you all, honestly.

Tate, Gustav, and Brown get passes their names are okay and could work in a hockey sense. I probably can even live with the likes of a Ove Drydahl, RJ Thatcher and Tsujimoto. 

But the REST of that list. Wow. Just wow. Not only do we got an L we got an R. Somehow I thought this article would be you getting mad at Muff for Muffbeav but that at least has a meme connotation to be associated with the league. The rest of the names are garbage fires. 

BUT! The worst name on this list is New Player. I will not hear any debate on it L and R work better that New Player ever could. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

I probably can even live with the likes of a Ove Drydahl, RJ Thatcher and Tsujimoto.

No better place for a fictional hockey player than a sim league!

1 hour ago, .sniffuM said:

Lastly, when did we become the no fun league?

I mean clearly with the sheer number of "fun" names already in 75 it's probably the opposite. Old timers yelling from their lawn at silly user names doesn't unfun the masses. I've similarly ralied the likes of HHH and Hogan as well. 

29 minutes ago, Devise said:

I mean clearly with the sheer number of "fun" names already in 75 it's probably the opposite. Old timers yelling from their lawn at silly user names doesn't unfun the masses. I've similarly ralied the likes of HHH and Hogan as well. 

HHH and Hogan are actual names though..

7 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

HHH and Hogan are actual names though..

Fictional ones, of famous pro wrestlers one of whom is confirmed toxic and was cancelled for it temporarily.

For me personally naming a hockey player after a fictional major wrester is just like what next skating on the ice The Rock? It's gimmicky. Now if you were Paul Levesque and Terry Bollea I'd probably of had a laugh at the bit.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Fictional ones, of famous pro wrestlers one of whom is confirmed toxic and was cancelled for it temporarily.

For me personally naming a hockey player after a fictional major wrester is just like what next skating on the ice The Rock? It's gimmicky. Now if you were Paul Levesque and Terry Bollea I'd probably of had a laugh at the bit.

I was thinking Paul Levesque but I thought not enough people would recognize the name so I went with HHH instead.

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Old timers yelling from their lawn at silly user names doesn't unfun the masses.

Frankly, I see it more like the audience heckling bad comedians.

Writing a shit name and writing a fun name are 2 different things lol.