S73 was a career year for Ohradka

animal74

In spite of the Phantoms best efforts and career years by a number of players, they just missed out making the play-in round by one point. Coming so tantalizingly close is a bitter pill to swallow after missing out on the playoffs by only five points last season.

One of the player who improved in many areas was Slovakian winger Ondrej Ohradka. Ohradka set new career highs for goals (29), assists (26), points (55), plus/minus (+8), shots (274), hits (129), and blocked shots (30). He really turned it on in the last third of the season and was one of the most consistent Phantoms down the stretch. Unfortunately, it was too little, too late.

Asked how he intends on building on his scoring success later on in the season, he replied, “I have talked with my trainers and we have some ideas for changing up my regiment so that I’m able to produce right away at the beginning of the season. I also plan on working on the little details – skating, puck handling, defensive coverage – in order to help us make the playoffs next year. We could have quite a few young guys make the team next year and I’ll be one of the veteran guys so I need to help them as much as possible so Prague can have long-lasting success.