VHL Logo Tier List (Part 1, the Bad Ones)

Plate

The VHL has some pretty decent logos. It also has some misses. I'm gonna rank all of my favourites and least favourites. Before you get mad at me, this is completely based on opinion. It is a qualitative list. You can disagree, just like how I have such a controversial opinion on corn on the cob, but lets be civil in our discussion. (Before you say anything about referring to my older post about colours, these are the ones they gave me and I don't know how to change it). 

This is also only a ranking of the LOGOS and nothing else. It's a bold thing to write about, especially with the draft in a week or so. I'd be happy to play for any of these teams I just have my opinions on the logos. If your teams logo sucks it just does nothing you or I can do about it. I also didn't bother ranking each logo beside what rank I put them in, other than the best and worst logo in my opinion. Each other logo is placed throughout equally in their respective ranks. I also can't upload all of the logos because the file size is too big and I don't know my way around that. 

You can make your own list by clicking on the link Here! 

D, Seattle, Los Angeles

8DVBTAW.thumb.png.7c8d7dd2a817657df3b67bcb476074f9.png

Why do I hate LA? There are some people that don't mind it. Here's the thing. You could have gone a million different places with the LA Stars. But instead you chose the literal version of the team. The text in the back ground is boring. There's absolutely no depth going on here. It just looks boring. I would rather not look at it than have it on my screen. I was even tempted not to put it on the list in the first place so I don't have to look at it, but that wouldn't be fair. It looks ugly. The star looks completely misplaced. Look at it, it's not even trying to be center. The logo itself doesn't even come close to looking like the other VHL logos. Very disappointed that an expansion team is given that as its logo. There was so much potential wasted.

uKmqEBK.thumb.png.516f665d6dd40d2fa99b48928883f157.png

Seattle, we have to talk about that brown man. The bear itself is mediocre at best. If you look underneath the text the paw on the left doesn't look like it even attaches to the arm. The text is absolutely the wrong colour. It needs to be white and stand out a bit more. It's not a complete circle either, on the bottom is gets messed up so the shape kind of looks like a guitar pick? The only redeeming quality about this logo is the head of the bear. Everything else sucks. When your logo is 85% sucky and 15% mediocre, it deserves to be in the bottom. Some of the nails aren't even coloured right.

C, Helsinki, Toronto, Davos, New York

New York has the pinnacle C logo. It's not a good logo. But it isn't bad either. It just exists to give a team branding. The logo is a little safe with the crest and colours. Feel like you can do way more with it than just slap the word "Americans" onto a crest and call it a day. I would have stepped it up a notch and made the logo an eagle. Or something patriotic. The stripes on the bottom could have been the skyline of New York City and it immediately would have been bumped up to at least a B. Otherwise it just kind of exists and that isn't a bad thing I suppose?

Davos I just have to be honest here like I've been with the rest of the logos and say this is just mediocre. I look at this logo and it just looks right on through. I'm a fan of the purple, but in the end it's just a background colour to an otherwise boring logo. There are plenty of other places in the world that have mountains. The circle logo just reminds me of a really old logo that's a bit outdated and needs to be redone. It just doesn't feel classic enough to stay this way. 

Toronto the thing saving your logo is the text. It is on point. Other than that, the bird is blue. Not even a good blue that I associate with Toronto, or Ontario in general. It's just a baby blue that's the same colour as my house. There isn't much to say about it. That might be a good thing considering the punishment I've put the other logos through. 

Helsinki is coming close to something that I like, except for the fact that the Titan itself has no cultural resemblance to any Norse myths. It does a disservice to the rich culture that pagan shamans cultivated through thousands of years of teachings. If you were to change it, the helmet would change to have horns on it instead of the feathers it does now. Also, there is a severe lack of beard on this fellow. That's the only complaint though. Everything else I like. The colours make sense being white and blue are the colours of the Finnish flag. 

Edited by Plate

11 minutes ago, Plate said:

Davos I just have to be honest here like I've been with the rest of the logos and say this is just mediocre. I look at this logo and it just looks right on through. I'm a fan of the purple, but in the end it's just a background colour to an otherwise boring logo. There are plenty of other places in the world that have mountains. The circle logo just reminds me of a really old logo that's a bit outdated and needs to be redone. It just doesn't feel classic enough to stay this way.

Heresy.

Best logo out there. It is a classic logo and a beautiful logo. :dav:

Edited by Ahma

• Head Moderator

I don't know too much in terms of logos other than just liking things or not. So the descriptions here for the content makes me think about it that I wouldn't know about. Formatting looks good. Pictures were included, which is good considering it is an article about logos. Pacing works despite it being a fairly casual writing style.

8/10