Marlins making a push

Steve

Round one over for San Diego and let me tell you, it wasn't as close as the 4 games to 1 indicates. Only one game had more than a one goal differential. The lose to Ottawa was in overtime and the last two game were 2-1 respectively. It could have gone either way really. I have been on the losing side of the playoffs before and it isn't fun but that Ottawa team has no reason to hang their head. Very good club with lots of talent.

Moving on to the next round is huge for the Marlins. Early in the season we were hoping to make it to the playoffs. Then as the team gelled a bit, we raised the bar and wanted to make it past the first round. Well that goal has been met and now we expect a huge series with Houston. Another hard fighting team that has the horsepower to push a team around. The Marlins have had success during the season against them but this is the playoffs now, tactics and lines become more of a focal point. We still have a few tricks up our collective sleeves to throw in the mix. I feel San Diego Marlins could indeed make a big splash, pun intended, in this next round.