Killinger makes apology.

Peace

TORONTO, ONTARIO -- It was the final game of the lottery tournament, and Toronto had just finished up earning Vancouver a +5% chance at a lottery pick, and it struck the alternative Captain. Had they won just one more game in regulation, Toronto would have won the tie-breaker between themselves and the DC Dragons [using ROW anyway]... but they didn't win one more regulation game, and Killinger's excessive disciplinary issues continues to shine through an otherwise great defender. 

"You know... I feel like shit, you know?" Killinger said in the final post-game interview. "We go on in this tournament and play great, and the team doesn't even have it's own pick." 

"It's eating away at me." 

Erik Killinger recorded a lot of penalty minutes -- a lot is too many, and the Legion suffered for it. 

"I want to apologize to my teammates, I know I let us down this season. I'm smarter than this, I'm better than this, I don't know why I'm taking so many penalties." 

"I'll come back next season and be better," Killinger emotionally admitted. "Not for myself, but for my team."