WAP

rory

Wet Ass Pines
LvhUXlm.jpeg
LOS ANGELES - "Pines is in alone, nifty move and he scores! Jeffrey Pines! The future of LA - welcome to the Victory Hockey League!"

Joining the league in one of the highest scoring rookie classes in recent VHL history, Jeffrey Pines made his mark in sunny Los Angeles. Playing alongside VHL season leader Siggard Gunnar, and one of the best two forwards in the league in Marcus Nygren, Pines benefited both on the score sheet, and from the veteran experience provided by the two forwards. "Yeah it was first VHL locker room, and these guys made me feel like an important part of the team right off the bat, really help me get on the ground running here."

Even after a point drought in the middle of the season - which saw him drop from 4th in rookie points to outside of the top 10 - he remained optimistic thanks in part to his veteran team. "Yeah the team really helped me out of that slump. It wasn't fun not being able to get on the board and really makes you feel like a drag, especially with all the pressure. One of the important parts was seeing that plug Hylands on the top. Knowing that If HE could be scoring in the majors without me babysitting him.. it put the stride back in my step and helped by bounce out in the last stretch."

Pines also led team Canada in the World Juniors this season, giving him his first taste at being the captain inside of a locker room. Despite putting up tournament leading numbers in the round robin and making the First All-Star team, Pines and Canada fell short in collecting a medal. It was a great experience of the young forward though, who also previously failed to medal in the season seventy two World Juniors with Team World.

This season saw Pines elevate from a one dimensional scoring forward into an elite playmaker with a fantastic defensive upside. Despite his short stature, Pines has been an aggressive forechecker who uses his speed and skill to create offensive opportunities for his team, which frees up his line mates to get into correct positioning for his excellent passes.

"It was an exciting year here in LA. I think we have a great future and could be contenders before Twitter users think. This year has really sparked a revolution brewing in California, and I'm glad that the city has embraced us despite our record. It's going to a real moment when we're drinking out of the cup on the Santa Monica Pier."