BREAKING: Warsaw To Select Aloe Dear First Overall

Doomsday

VSN.png

BREAKING: Warsaw To Select Aloe Dear First Overall

As the Season 74 VHL Entry Draft draws nearer, the hype continues to grow. The Warsaw Predators, one of the four expansion teams added to the VHL last season, have the top selection. There has naturally been considerable speculation as to who they will draft, but an anonymous source has confirmed to VSN that the Warsaw Predators will be selecting left wing Aloe Dear, widely considered to be the best player in the draft, with the first overall pick

"Realistically, what else were we going to do here?" added the unnamed pastry. "Unless you're getting a king's ransom for that pick, you need to get the best player available, and that's exactly what Aloe Dear is."

The confirmation comes as a bit of a surprise, as Dear has made headlines lately for not only stating that she would be testing free agency following the completion of her rookie contract, but that if a team that did not scout her selected her anyway, she would not only test free agency, she would leave.

"You can bet if a team doesn’t scout me but drafts me anyways, I’m not interested in continuing on with them beyond those three seasons," stated Dear at a press conference.  "I can guarantee you I’d walk in free agency rather than just ‘testing’ it.”

It's certainly a gamble for Warsaw to commit to drafting a player that has publicly committed to testing free agency before even signing their first contract, as you would hope to get more than just three seasons from a first overall pick. We can only surmise that the Predators have indeed scouted her and are absolutely certain that they'll be able to woo her into re-signing after three seasons. The only thing that seems to be certain is that this likely won't be the last we've heard from Aloe Dear.