Brown - Rookie Experience

a_Ferk

AizPvfq.jpg

Heading into his rookie season in the VHL, Timothy Brown was the hottest prospect in Seattle. Yes, he was even more hyped than Jordan Tonn or Jacob Tonn or whatever his name is. The reason for this is that Tonn was not a prospect, he went straight from the VHLM to the VHL. Anyways following this technicality, Brown is coming off a season where he won the Matt Bentz Trophy for best two-way forward, as well as the Founder’s Cup with Saskatoon. Timothy led his Saskatoon squad with 58 goals on the season and was among the lead’s leaders in hits. However, his initial season for Seattle was not expected to amount to any awards, as they are a serious cup contender even now. Seattle proved this by winning the cup for their fourth time in sixth season, cementing their place as the most dominant team in the most competitive era in the VHL. Brown played a crucial role for them in the playoffs, leading the entire league in hits with 90 and it wasn't even close. In fact, second place was another young player for the Bears, Randy Marsh. This will be a season to remember for Brown. Not every player can boast winning a Continental Cup in their career, and he was lucky enough to experience it in his rookie season.

Timothy Brown’s start to the regular season was not good. He just couldn’t find a way to transfer his playing style in the VHLM to the big leagues, and struggled to even score a single point. His first goal didn’t come until his 8th or 9th game, but from then on he managed to at least score a point here and there. The later part of the regular season was when Brown really shined and showed the Bears that he was capable of being a great player for their team. 58 games in, he had a total of 29 points. Brown went on to score a total of 15 points in his final 14 games for over a point per game in that stretch of the season.

Most of the main core from the S67 Seattle draft class is all but gone, but they still have a good selection of young players to continue the dominance of their league. A few days after Seattle won the Continental Cup, Brown signed a large contract extension of 4 years to stay with the squad until his last season of eligibility. Unlike many dominant teams when their championship core is gone, the future is looking bright for Timothy Brown and Seattle. 

Edited by a_Ferk

On 9/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, a_Ferk said:

The reason for this is that Tonn was not a prospect, he went straight from the VHLM to the VHL

I don't understand this. I retired at trade deadline,played for the rest of that season. Then played 1 full year in VHLM, then moved up to VHL witch was last season.

13 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

I don't understand this. I retired at trade deadline,played for the rest of that season. Then played 1 full year in VHLM, then moved up to VHL witch was last season.

I played a full season in the VHLM after being drafted, so I was a prospect player for a year. (Played 2 VHLM seasons total)

• a_Ferk changed the title to Brown - Rookie Experience