[S74] (S68) D - Jeff Downey

VHL Bot

14 minutes ago, Devise said:

All that drama just to stay in Vancouver last second. Only in VHL free agency.

More like all that drama just to realize there is no other competing team but Toronto and Vancouver with roster and cap space.

expected signing

14 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

More like all that drama just to realize there is no other competing team but Toronto and Vancouver with roster and cap space.

expected signing

Lol just to realize? He should of known that going in, considering Van only offered late too so for those of us out of the loop it looked a bit more like a FA test for shits and giggles not cup chasing priority. Also looked like maybe he wanted out of Van.

To me, if it was about competing I wouldn't even of bothered testing. Was clear before FA started Van would of remained his best chance to compete. Perhaps he thought a contender might find space however.

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

Lol just to realize? He should of known that going in, considering Van only offered late too so for those of us out of the loop it looked a bit more like a FA test for shits and giggles not cup chasing priority. Also looked like maybe he wanted out of Van.

To me, if it was about competing I wouldn't even of bothered testing. Was clear before FA started Van would of remained his best chance to compete. Perhaps he thought a contender might find space however.

well, DC had a space but they immediately went with Flowers. Oh yeah, Malmo has a space, but nobody is gonna go with 6 defensemans lol.

10 minutes ago, Devise said:

Was clear before FA started Van would of remained his best chance to compete.

That's actually not true. I broke down the TPA per position, and had Toronto received just one of the available defenders we would have been competitive with even Seattle after moving Elmebeck to the wing for six forwards. I broke this down and explained it to numerous free agents, but I guess that was simply not enough. Quite frustrating, actually, all Toronto needed was that one person to join and we'd have been a much better team.

20 minutes ago, Peace said:

That's actually not true. I broke down the TPA per position, and had Toronto received just one of the available defenders we would have been competitive with even Seattle after moving Elmebeck to the wing for six forwards. I broke this down and explained it to numerous free agents, but I guess that was simply not enough. Quite frustrating, actually, all Toronto needed was that one person to join and we'd have been a much better team.

Yeah but you always have uncertainty with joining a new team. Obviously him on NY or TOR makes them more Cup competitive but he already had great success competing with Van previously. TOR did improve by getting older and is probably a top 3 NA team still to me. But some retirements and shifting in general means top teams younger in places than they were, so just from a compete standpoint staying the course in those circumstances makes sense I'd say.