Sasakamoose Off-season Interview

Cxsquared

Team Usa Interview GIF by USA Hockey

It was a stand out year for Guy Sasakamoose. We sat down with the Riga D-man to ask him about his plans for the off-season.

It seems to have been a great year for Riga having made the playoffs once again. So Guy, how do you feel about this season?

I had my best year yet, but I don't feel like I've grown as a player. It's great to really turn into a top line defense player for Riga. I just hope I can keep this up. I have a feeling next season is going to be a struggle for me.

Speaking of next season, do you have any predictions for how Riga will do?

I think Riga has a solid chance to make the playoffs again. It also feels like our last big chance to get a cup. Hopefully we can make a solid push this season and not enter rebuild mode too early.  It sucks to see Past @Kylradretire but that's how it goes. We've only got Tate @Tate, Phil @Phil, and Eagles @Greg_Di for 1 more season so we need to make the most of it. 

The VHL draft just happened, are there any exciting additions to the Riga line up?

We just drafted Jeffrenomitsu @Jeffie43 in the draft and they've got me excited for what they'll bring to the team. They recently had a great year with Houston and put up some great numbers. We also picked up Matt Thunder @Matt thunder, and while it'll be a season or two till they join Riga, I think they'll grow into a great player.

What are you personally going to concentrate on this coming off-season?

I've lost a step in my defensive game. I really need to go back and shore up my basic skills. Having 5 seasons in the VHL starts to take its toll on you. After I get back to feeling my old self I'm going to work on my offensive skills. I'm not gonna lie, having your best point scoring season just makes me want to score more. Tate is a power-house when it comes to his offensive game and I'm going to have to fill those shoes. It's going to be a really tough off-season but hopefully I can step up to the challenge.

Everyone tries to stay in shape in the off-season, but what are you going to do to relax?

Lately I've been really into track day cars. My GM really hates the idea of me speeding on a track but it's just so much fun! It's even better when you can manage to get in some organized racing. There's something about the feel of the car under you that really gets the blood flowing. On top of that I just really enjoy watching races. The Formula 1 season is going strong. It's a little rough to watch the races with my hockey schedule but I watch what I can. I also really enjoy watching some endurance races. It's crazy that a group of people can manage to get a car around a track for 24 hours straight.

Well thank you for your time and I hope you have a great next season.