Luke Thornton - RE

ThePerfectNut

8I4liCe.png

Luke Thornton during the WJC

The Draft

After falling short of lifting the VHLM cup, I believed that I did really fine in the minor league. I started out on the third line, next to no special units ice time on a contending team, but I still finished the season with near a PPG while working my way up in the lineup for the Miami Marauders. In the playoff, I took over by being a PPG all the way to the finals while playing first-line ice time, first-line PP, and PK time. It was a shame that we lost in the finals, but I think our team won something else very special in our hearts. 

Now my eyes were focused on the S74 draft, but of course, I do not deserve that cinderella ending...Or maybe it's only the beginning of my cinderella story?

After being ranked the #1 prospect in the draft (I'm talking about TPE), I saw my name slip through so many teams and most of them gave me an interview. 

As I was waiting and waiting and waiting. I was extremely happy to see my cousin, Onde Sandstrom, getting drafted by the Vancouver Wolves, a great organization for him to be in.

Now we were on the number 10 pick, I was officially out of the top 10 and dropped 10 spots (I made history by falling so much while being the #1 TPE guy?). I thought I would drop in the second round or worst, get undrafted.
The GM of the Calgary Wrangles, a team that I was not expecting at all to draft me, called my name. While I was walking onto that stage, I was filled with anxiety, anger, and especially happiness. I'm excited to embark on this new journey with the city of Calgary. This must be how Bol Bol felt during the NBA draft too.

Expectations

Welp, not really a lot to say. There are probably no expectations with me from the league since I was already cast aside during the draft. 

My team is a contending team and my only focus is to help them on their cup run as a rookie. 

I'm not even thinking about the ROTY because even if I do perform well and lead the rookies in points. The media and voters will say some bullshit for me to not get it and the excuses will be that I'm playing on a good team while completely ignoring the fact that I actually had to put in the work to get those points. I'm not wasting my time on that.

I will be playing in front of one of the new best goalie in the league in Jacques Lafontaine, a generational d-men in Edwin THE Encarnacion to back me up and I will be skating alongside one of the best Centers in a team with the RJ Jubis and the champion Scott Greene. 

Calgary is a great place to be in and I am glad that I fell so much in the draft. I just need to do my job for the team.

Reservations

Reservations? I got nothing. I'm just gonna live peacefully in Calgary with my family and have a quietly successful career over there. Peace out.

tZ3Ynkr.png