Mexico City Kings Concept Logo

Xflexz

Mexico City Concept Logo

This logo is a concept of the Mexico City Kings. I didn’t feel this was good enough to just post on its own so I decided to make a media spot talking about the logo and what each piece is meant to represent. I should also state that I have zero previous experience in graphic design so that will also explain why it has no color. Although it doesn’t have the color I will still explain how it could be colored increase someone wants to turn it into a real logo.

The logo consists of three main elements the eagle, crown, and sign. I’ll start with the sign since its the most basic element. The sign doesn’t have much representation with anything in the real world and I need a place to put the team name so having the eagle carry it was the best option since I didn’t want to cram everything onto the crown. The sign itself would be made of dark wood that could be splintered or seem like it’s been thrown around. The letters would alternate between red and green or some other version of it including white. I haven’t experimented with it so I don’t know what looks the best as of now. 

Next is the crown. The crown represents the ‘Kings’ pretty obvious but it also represents the capital city of Mexico. On most maps, the capital of a country is labeled with a star of some kind so this all tied in pretty well. The colors would consist of a gold or a tint of yellow with the round tips being black, grey, or the colors for the Mexican flag. The wording would be similar to the theme of the words on the sign saying ‘Kings’. It would all depend on what style is used.

Lastly, we move to the eagle. This would be the most detailed part of the whole logo. The eagle comes from the Mexican flag. The actual eagle on the flag itself is a gold color. This would likely be changed to a more typical eagle color like a brown but a gold one could also look good but the crown color would need to change so they don’t blend together. 

This logo would not be surrounded by anything else like a circular background. It would be the pure outline of what is shown in the picture. The font of the letters would be similar to Arial but there’s always room for new ideas. The overall color scheme will depend heavily on what color is chosen for the eagle so there’s lots of room for interpretation.

I do also plan on doing one for each VHLM team. This will take a while since I’m new at this and have little experience. I also plan to create alternates/concepts for the VHL as well once I finish the VHLM. All designs I post are free to use and if someone wishes to change it or make it into a real logo you have full permission. I hope to have another out within a few weeks!

519 words, using for pt week ending 9/20. Using for First Gen Doubles

kings.jpg

Edited by Xflexz