Vegas prepares for new season after post-draft scrimmages

lil OG z

With a new identity and a successful season in the books the Aces knew the upcoming draft was very important if they wanted to continue being a top team and sellout the arena. Despite losing a majority of their undrafted signings early in the draft and having only a couple top selections the managers were able to get the right players to build a base with enough potential and fight to win. When the final pick was announced we saw a different but still solid Vegas, here's how the team looks after further inspection.. 

Returning players..

#21 LW Nicholas Sunderbruch :usa:

1st, 7th pick @NickSunderbruch

-

Well liked by the coach because of his effort to stay out of the box and determination to get the most out of his shifts, we see a dangling sensation ready to go after a well stocked rookie season stats-wise. One thing we noticed that changed in his game will be the commitment and confidence to take the shot whenever he gets in position, although he had a decent shooting percentage last seaaon we should see his accuracy go up even more and be a much needed talent in all coaching schemes

-

Key skills: Scoring, puckhandling and defense

#7 D Chase Crosby :usa:

3rd, 35th pick @Wreckening

-

Stay at home defender stays home. Another stud the team can lean on, he may not be able to excite the crowd offensivley but he knows how to give support to the goaltender and is one of the teams smartest defensive players. Expect to see increased minutes and more bruises out of him next season

-

Key skills: Defense

New players..

C Its Gucci :usa:

2nd, 19th pick @frescoelmo

-

Tough centreman with tremendous offensive upside that can keep up with the rest of the league. 

-

Key skills: Skating, puckhandling and scoring

C Leafs ??

63rd, 6th round @Leafs

-

So far we have only seen Leafs get off the plane and go to the gym, he hasn't shown up to practice yet. Not a whole lot is known about this 1 TPE phenom but I'm sure Spartan had some insider intel when making the selection

-

Key skills: None

RW Artair McCloud :gbr:

4th, 43rd @Hoopydog

-

Versatile scoring threat, should fit nicely as an extra addition on the powerplay unit but down the road he could be the team's best shooter

-

Key skills: Scoring

RW Connor Sim ??

5th, 55th pick @SimmerDown99

-

Right now we see a lot of bright spots in his game, being a big forward whose only mission is to produce points leaves a lot of areas needed to be worked on but if he can continue training like he has you better watch out, he's pretty much a bowling ball coming down the wing and add in the speed watch out for easy breakaways

-

Key skills: Scoring

RW Kelly Power ??

3rd, 30th pick @Nordin

-

Noticed a lot of different movements and reaction times during shifts and will need a few adjustments to establish an identity for himself. He has a lot of potential though and so far he has shown he's dedicated to the game and wants to learn 

-

Key skills: None

RW Andy Nexber ??

6th, 62nd pick @Domino Draws

Rough and tough winger that'll drop the gloves at any given moment, playex pretty well when positioned in front of the net but definitely needs work if he wants to get more involved

Key skills: Fighting

RW Bill Kapri :usa:

We think he's one of the bigger steals in the draft and his scoring ability is developing nicely, he scored 7 times during the scrimmages and all of them were tallied during even strength opportunities. If he can continue taking good shots and practicing on his aim he'll continue being on the ice more

6th, 71st pick @KODAK

-

Key skilks: Scoring

D Linus Zetterstrom ??

4th, 39th pick @Ledge_and_Dairy

-

Right now we see a two-way defender willing to do anything to contribute for his team. The skill were excited to see whenever the season starts would be his puck movement on the backend, he showed a lot of promise quarterbacking whenever his team had the extra man and has the right build to do it if the points keep coming in each week

-

Key Skills: Skating, puckhandling

Tournament Statistics..

Entertainment - GP:11 G:11 A:9 P:20

Rush - GP:10 G:10 A:9 P:19

Reynolds - GP:12 G:8 A:9 P:17

Sunderbruch - GP:10 G:9 A:8 P:17

Petal - GP:11 G:1 A:15 P:16

Gucci - GP:12 G:9 A:3 P:12

Crosby - GP:11 G:3 A:7 P:10

Kankkunen - GP:10 G:8 A:2 P:10

Thunder - GP:12 G:2 A:7 P:9

Kapri - GP:12 G:7 A:1 P:8

Lund - GP:10 G:1 A:6 P:7

McCloud - GP:11 G:3 G:4 P:7

Power - GP:11 G:2 A:4 P:6

Zetterstrom - GP:11 G:0 A:5 P:5

Sim - GP:12 G:4 A:0 P:4

Nexber - GP:10 G:1 A:2 P:3

Leafs - GP:10 G:0 A:1 P:1

-

Minott - GP:12 W10 L2 OT0

Dtesko (tryout) - GP:10 W1 L6 OT3

After taking a look at all the new players, returning guys and subtracting the players that left we noticed a trend with scorers again this year, maybe a little worse but it's up there. We also have enough guys with vital skills like defense, skating and puck handling too, simalir to scoring but good enough. The one area that needs work would be faceoffs, we only have one true centreman and we can't lean on him all season so the team should be signing a center next. Lastly goaltending should be the best part of the Vegas roster, despite not having a backup yet the current starter is conditioned for a lot of minutes, proving his worth with Houston last season, add in the powerhouse defenders and the Aces should see a decline in goals against next season

1,008 words, claiming this for the next 2 weeks

Edited by ZP16

Great article! Love the stats you included at the end, you could've been lazy and excluded them but you didn't. I like how you space out your player names so that it's easier to read and more uniform. I'm looking forward to more bangers like this one in the future. I think since the length of the list you could've added a few images here and there to make it just a little easier on the eyes, but that just feels like nitpicking. Either way, 10/10.

Great article, I like the spacing of the players so the comments don’t smush into each other, I love how you include the stats from the games that’s a nice touch, only thing I’d say is give the guys drafted a VHL comparison if you know it well enough but that’s nitpicking.

rating 10/10

11 hours ago, NickSunderbruch said:

Great article! Love the stats you included at the end, you could've been lazy and excluded them but you didn't. I like how you space out your player names so that it's easier to read and more uniform. I'm looking forward to more bangers like this one in the future. I think since the length of the list you could've added a few images here and there to make it just a little easier on the eyes, but that just feels like nitpicking. Either way, 10/10.

Always forget to add them whenever I'm done writing and should take a minute to do that.. You're right it'd look a lot better if I did

9 hours ago, Crstats23 said:

Great article, I like the spacing of the players so the comments don’t smush into each other, I love how you include the stats from the games that’s a nice touch, only thing I’d say is give the guys drafted a VHL comparison if you know it well enough but that’s nitpicking.

rating 10/10

Knew somebody would remember. Will try and make an article that involves comparisons because it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the comment!

Edited by ZP16

The amount of detail and effort put into this was incredible. We should clone you and put one of you on each team to do these. Jokes aside you should definitely keep doing these with regular season updates maybe every 2 weeks on how the team is performing. Also the playoffs lol. As far as changes others have basically mentioned the small things already. This is definitely a 10/10 looking forward to more from you!