Jungkok Looks for Progression

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Jungkook from BTS' flying perm, Chen from Exo's front frizz: the latest  permed hairstyles of K-pop idols taking Asia by storm | South China Morning  Post

Jungkok Looks for Progression

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

Entering his third pro season, pundits are looking for Jungkok to take steps forward. In his second season he progressed to 34 points from his rookie season of 17. This year the team will be looking for him to continue progressing that total while still maintaining his physical presence. One of the largest issues he faces is his shot accuracy. With over 254 shots in season 73, only 6.3% of them found the back of the net. This has been a far cry from back in his junior days when he potted 53 goals with just over 400 shots. Judging from the highlights, he has had a harder time beating shooters and still hasn’t quite figured it out yet despite having more shots than his rookie season where he scored a 4% over 100 shots taken.

On the noteworthy side, Jungkok has been a huge physical force again this season, with 284 hits, he will likely be able to hit the 300 hits mark very soon. The challenge of course would be to maintain his physical edge without taking too many penalties. Over his last two season he has steadily creep up in penalty minutes from 150 to 162 and ideally he will need to keep it in check so as to not lose his effectiveness. 

With those goals in mind, Jungkok has been seen dedicating his off season regime to increase his foot speed and shot power. Getting himself to better shooting areas on the ice will be key for him to score more, as well as his defensive play so he will stop taking poor penalties. As far as shot power goes, he has been looking to increase the torque in his shot as well as his shot selection.

“I think going into this season, I want to maintain my physical play but I also want to improve my numbers across the board. Obviously Malmo management thinks I can do the same thing and I’m keen on proving them right (on the matter of the extension). Ultimately i believe I can be a key part of our next run for the championship but to get there, it will require hard work and I’m looking forward to pushing myself to the limits.I’ve set myself the immediate future goal of getting 300 hits in and hitting the 50 points mark. I know that is still quite a ways from my last season, but I think I’ve been steadily improving in each of my seasons here so I think that will within reach certainly next season” - Jungkok

In season one Jungkok mustered 17 points and 229 hits. In his sophomore season, he registered 34 points and 284 hits. Suffice to say that hitting the 300 hit mark as well as 50 points should ideally follow the current trajectory of improvement. Slotted to start in the top six next season, Malmo fans will hopefully be able to see him compliment the top line with his physical play and help open up space for Dawson.

R X (rajesh292737) on Pinterest

(Doubles Donation claim)

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

9/10

Its pretty with im assuming a jpop star? For pics. Articles are well broken down and its easy to read. Solid review of your career so far, as you aim to be a stud again im sure.

Kpop star but close enough :D