Christian Mingle Rookie Experience

Quik

Ex-Blackhawk Patrick Sharp rents out Lakeview mansion for $10,500 a month -  Chicago Tribune

CHICAGO, IL - The time is upon us. As the Victory Hockey League prepares to open its 74th season, one of its newest franchises, the Chicago Phoenix, readies itself to unveil a new look roster full of promising rookies, headlined by 2nd Overall Pick Christian Mingle. The somewhat surprising selection will be looked to as the team's top offensive weapon, and it remains to be seen how he will cope with the adjustment after thriving as a secondary piece last season with the VHLM's Houston Bulls. After an off-season that saw him put in more hours of work than nearly anyone in the league, expectations will be high for the Israeli national.

"I'm excited! It'll be an interesting experience to say the least. At this time last year, I hadn't had any professional experience. To walk onto Houston, and have the season we did there, and now be a top pick, I guess we'll see how it goes, right? You see some of the other rookies who shined - shone? - last season, and it's definitely encouraging to know that, being a comparable player, skills wise to those guys, I have a chance to be right there and really put up points...I think everyone knows how much I like to score!"

When asked about his role, as an older rookie, in what is generally a very young locker room, Mingle seemed prepared to take on a leadership role from the start:

"Yeah, I mean, like I said, I've gone from not knowing much about the sport to being a top pick, in a relatively minimal amount of time. Not that where you're drafted seems to mean that much, but I know the type of work it takes to get where I am now, and the type of work it'll take to take the next steps. By the same token, it also takes a ton of support to continue to improve, especially in the dog days when things don't feel great or things just aren't breaking your way, that's when you need your teammates to have your back, and that's the kinda guy I want to be for my teammates. One thing I have learned is whatever you do, it's gotta be for the boys - and the girls are included in that statement, too!

All in all, I want to be a leader, on and off the ice, and, sooner, rather than later, be a part of the group that raises a banner in Chicago. All the sports history in this town, it'll be cool to add to it!"

25 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

This guy is going to be a star. Probably. Well, considering that this is Quik, I will assume that he will magically win 4 Cups with 4 different teams.

hopefully not with 4 different teams haha