Jiggly Gumballs: Rookie Experience

JigglyGumballs

12449484_web1_180623-IFD-Canucks-Woo-1280x720.thumb.jpg.95e7c8213c30703733376116e28cf64d.jpg

Los Angeles, CA - With the S74 regular season moments away from starting, LA Stars defenseman Jiggly Gumballs is ready for his VHL debut. Jiggly Gumballs was the 4th ever pick of the Stars, one of the four newest expansions in the VHL 28th overall in the second round of the S73 VHL entry draft. And after a breakout season in the VHLM in Ottawa this past season, Gumballs is looking to take his game to the next level. The Winnipeg product is sure to bring a fresh new look to the Stars Defensive core as he aims to become a potential face of that defense in the future.

"I honestly can't count the nights where I would just stay up late waiting for this day to come. It's exciting to finally reach the VHL and it's honestly just a dream come true. I'm still super grateful to the LA Stars for giving me a chance and now I'm finally here to show them what I've got."

Gumballs was then asked of his expectations for himself and his team this season.

"In all honesty, I'm just hoping that I can succeed at this level. The VHL has a great amount of talent and I'm hoping I can just make a name for myself y'know? Being in an expansion team, I think it's a great opportunity for me to establish myself as LA's main guy on D. I don't necessarily think it'll happen this season, but this is just the beginning right? I really don't think I'll put up a lot of points but I hope that I might learn from some of the veteran guys and improve on my end first. For my team, we're certainly looking better than we did last season, but with Gunnar gone, I think our offense might take a hit but it also creates a good opportunity for someone to step up. We have a good mix of youth and veteran experience so it will be interesting to see where things will go. We might make the playoffs but who knows?"

Gumballs has two seasons remaining of his entry-level contract, and he was asked what he might expect his future might be with the Stars' franchise and what his reservations might be.

"To be honest, I don't really know what my future is once my ELC ends. I love it here in LA, but I'm honestly not sure what I might do because there's just so many options out there. I have considered testing free agency before, but it's all dependent on my time here. As of now, I like it here and I would like to stay, but if I we're to leave, It'd definitely not be because of something bad. I do kinda want to know what the rest of the VHL offers so that would likely be my driving factor for ever testing free agency. I do value team need more than actually winning a cup. I know that some players like getting payed big, but I respect management a lot, so I'm always open to staying or going to places that might need me. So along with that uncertainty about my future, a lot of things might happen and I'm excited to see where things will go."

(545 words)