Saskatoon Wild team review

Blazzer

Another week calls for another team review and this time it’s the Saskatoon Wild. Check out my previous review about the Yukon Rush. 

Team Review

Saskatoon has been part of the VHLM since the S33 draft. They are an experienced team in the VHLM with previous GMs including @McWolf, @Peace and many more. It was difficult to look for past information about the team because the Wild has spent an extensive period in the league. Its oldest record was 4 years ago by @FacePuncher. Saskatoon has players that had passed a century points in the M before. A few names include Xin Xie Xiao, Phil Villeneuve and Tyler Owens. These players all played under GM Noah Lefevre, @.sniffuM ex best friend. Saskatoon also has a couple of hardware to shout about. S72 saw them win the Founder’s cup and that’s the recent one. They have won many more in the past including GM and player awards. This season’s team has 2 players about 200 tpe and another closing in on 200.

Trade review

On Sept 14, @Doomsday traded Riley Couture and a S76 3rd round pick for a couple of S74 and a S75 pick. Those 2 S74 picks turned out to be Steve Eso @Eso and Gabriel Johnson after this season’s dispersal draft. It’s a fair trade to me. Riley @Riley_Couture has great potential and Halifax needs some of that now. She’s also a VHL prospect after being selected by the Wolves. Riley with 214 tpe is steadily climbing too, earning with articles and graphics. She’ll be a great fit there.

Player Review

Cal Conway @Shaka – Their highest tpe player on the roster now with 241 tpe. Shaka hasn’t updated since the week ending 30th August but if he comes back and update, he’ll probably end up in the vhl. His save percentage is pretty average, ranging between .857 to .913. Conway is also the only goalie prospect for the New York Americans. I don’t see New York needing him as a starter for the moment because they have Bacon there but when the time comes, Conway will be able to help out too.

Agapov Askarov @Kachur – He’s a wildcard. At 73 tpe, he earned most of it from the base tpe given at the start of a players’ career. As a defender, he already invested into defence and brought it up to 80. He was drafted 35th overall and I think that’s a bust for Saskatoon. They could have gotten someone that would have been a guarantee to be active. In S73 which is his draft season, he put up 27 points along with a +46 rating. Askarov isn’t fully a bust but because of his inactivity, he hasn’t grown much. Askarov was also not drafted by a VHL team in the S74 VHL Entry draft.

Gabriel Johnson @GeckoeyGecko– Gabriel is a defenceman with 139 tpe in his pocket. Constant earning has brought him to where he is. He was drafted 36th overall this season by Saskatoon. What a steal! Even though he’s been claiming welfare, he’s going to be a great addition to the Wild’s roster. Being their highest earning defender right now. Gabriel had 18 points in a full season 73 with Houston, a team full of recreates. However, he only had 2 assists in the Houston playoff run.

Brian Strong Jr @Wheaties – At 214 tpe, he’s the highest earning forward right now on the Saskatoon roster. Brian had a rather outstanding career for a rookie in the VHLM, 52 points in 72 games. Brian no doubt shoots his shot as he made 203 shots in 1 season alone. He made it up with an impressive playoff stretch for the Wild, notching 4 points in 5 games. To me, Brian has great potential and Doomsday definitely saw that. Wheaties caps every week with the affiliate PT that the league offers and that has boosted his player tremendously.

Steve Eso – Eso is a new member of the VHL but he’s been actively claiming tpe. From welfare to affiliate to practice facility. Eso is slowly climbing the steps in the league. His stats are kind of all over the place and that’s not to blame here. Many rookies don’t know how the sim engine works and they learn from their first player. Steve played 10 games for Mexico City and racked up 5 points. That’s better than my player when I started! He has great potential for sure.

Saskatoon has 716 points throughout the teams’ duration in the league. They have played a total of 648 games and going with a record of 335-267-46. That is solid for a developmental league that is constantly having their star player move to the VHL. Saskatoon is an awesome team with a bright future. 

792 words

9 minutes ago, Peace said:

Saskatoon has roots all the way back to S2, when the team was originally based in Fresno!

Ohh interesting! I tried to find the stuff way back but I didn't know they had a rename ? Thanks though Peace