I want an expansion team in Florida (joke article)

NickSunderbruch

So being from Tampa, it's pretty safe to assume that I would love to see either a VHL or VHLM expansion team in Florida. Some might say that Florida isn't a good place for Hockey, but I beg to differ. Florida is home to an incredibly successful NHL team, the Lightning, It's kind of crazy that Florida has no other major league hockey teams worth mentioning. The market is there, plenty of northerners come to Florida during the Winter, we call them snowbirds. Snowbirds tend to be big hockey fans and tend to go to Lightning games. Like think about it, there's an empty stadium that's VHL ready for use in Florida; The BB&T Center in Sunrise Florida. Like it's crazy that there's an entire stadium there with no teams to play in it.

The population of Florida is about 22 million, that's a LOT of potential VHL fans ready to be made. The VHL could make absolutely so much money by tapping into Floridas culture and wildlife with potential team names like; The Gators, the Rednecks, the Sharks, The Oil Spills, or the Panthers. The state of Florida is also the main distributor of Crystal Meth in America, and a Hockey team could absolutely be sponsored by some of those distributors, as this industry is integral in the average Florida mans life. 

Well thank you all for reading and lets keep our fingers crossed for the VHL to expand into Florida. Because it's crazy to me that Tampa is Floridas only major hockey team, and I really think we could compete.

• Commissioner
28 minutes ago, NickSunderbruch said:

So being from Tampa, it's pretty safe to assume that I would love to see either a VHL or VHLM expansion team in Florida.

The Miami Marauders would like a word with you...

Had me laughing when I read crystal meth. Thought you were joking around the idea, not making a joke lol

Florida, florida, florida.. Almost had me brainwashed! Was imagining myself drinking a cold one and soaking in the sun, next thing you know I'm hopping on a plane. You got that right, there's a lot of money to be made haha