BOG Update - September 21 to 27

Advantage

BOG UPDATE

Week of September 27

Over the last several months, I have been presenting our Board of Governors updates via the League Discussion thread that I created a while back.  While this was a very good way to keep things up to date, it became more of a hassle to keep track of things that have opened, close, etc. when there aren’t official announcements resulting from the discussion.  

Therefore, I have decided to take my BOG Updates to the VSN on weekly or bi-weekly basis, depending on how busy the Board of Governors is, which will allow me to keep the Victory Hockey League more consistently up-to-date on discussions happening.  It should also allow me to frame the recent discussions in more of a report which I think should be a better way to present this.  With that bit of business out of the way, let’s look at what has been happening in the Board of Governors.

The last update I actually provided to the league was almost two months ago, and while there have been some definitely quiet moments within the Board of Governors, a lot has closed in discussions as well.  There was some discussion regarding the Portal News Manager and the lack of updated articles on the Portal, but that was quickly put in the VSN’s hands to restore by using the VSN’s articles and graphics to bring the Portal’s appearance back to light.  We also discussed the Las Vegas Aces Logo Concept and voted on what we liked the most, leading to the recent announcement of the brand new Aces logo.  Finally, we had some discussion regarding another VHLM team getting rebranded and also the potential combining of both Fantasy Manager positions, but ultimately nothing came out of this outside of a new hire for one of the Fantasy Manager spots.

As for what we are currently discussing, there hasn’t been as much discussion lately due to the award voting and such that takes place every off-season.  With that being said though, some of our current discussions include a League Survey and a potential new Americans logo.

The League Survey has actually been a special project for myself and I have been working with the rest of the BOG and blue team to figure out what kind of questions we want to ask for it.  The idea is that we want to send out a league survey to the entire Victory Hockey League once a year or so, with questions on their experience in the VHL as a whole, their discord, the use of the portal, etc.  It will be a very useful tool to figure out where our major gaps are in the league and where our strengths are as well.  There are a lot of members in this league who frankly aren’t comfortable when it comes to bringing up issues or new ideas in any of our avenues available.  This is a project that will likely come to its conclusion in the next month or so, as once I put together questions I will be running it by the blue team and Board of Governors, and then you should all be receiving this in your Private Messages.

We have also been looking at a new New York Americans logo that was created at the request of Esso, who has been looking to make some branding changes for his team.  There was a little bit of discussion about how there have been previous attempts at moving and changing the team's name but given the team’s history it was unanimously shut down.  However, after the success of the Las Vegas Aces rebrand, there was some pretty good support for at least looking at some different logo options.  There was a mix though of a lot of people who actually like the current logo while there were others who were very into the idea of a rebrand given the logos presented.  Ultimately, this has been brought to a vote so expect some news on this soon if the Board of Governors ultimately decides on a rebrand.  

Outside of that, there hasn’t been too much else brought up recently besides the Award and HOF Voting.  With that being said, hopefully some new ideas come up, and as always please let me know if there is anything you would like me to bring up.

@Members

I don’t know what’s up with important threads’ member tags not working, but I got here via “latest post” and not a notification.

That being said, I love that this is a BOG-VSN partnership now. Great job getting the messaging across and letting the serfs in the fields know what’s up in the castle. Keep it up Adv! 

5 hours ago, bigAL said:

I don’t know what’s up with important threads’ member tags not working, but I got here via “latest post” and not a notification.

Honestly I also do not often get the members tag notification when they go out. I feel like it might of got broken or disabled in some regard because I do hear a bunch of people saying they do not receive these notifications. 

11 hours ago, bigAL said:

That being said, I love that this is a BOG-VSN partnership now. Great job getting the messaging across and letting the serfs in the fields know what’s up in the castle. Keep it up Adv! 

Agreed! I always envisioned this, I'm glad it's what is happening moving forward