VHLM Commissioner

Beketov

• Commissioner

As most of you have surely seen by now @Sonnet  needs to step away from the league for personal reasons, see the announcement here, which means we need to add a new member to the green team to work alongside @diamond_ace  as Commissioner of the VHLM. As this is a management role for an entire sub-section of the league activity and experience in the league is super important as you will be in charge of all day to day activities for the VHLM. This includes but is not limited to answering questions from new members, formalizing rules, working with the VHLM GM's and recruitment team, and working alongside the blue team to make necessary changes. It is also a role that comes with BOG access since many of the things discussed in there have an impact on the VHLM.

You do not need any special qualifications to apply but, as mentioned, we are aiming to get someone with likely a lot of experience in the league who knows how things do /should operate so keep that in mind if you choose to apply. Applications can be done by replying to this thread or PMing the blue team with what you believe would make you a solid candidate.

Edit: I should note as well that having a VHLM GM or AGM position does not disqualify a candidate BUT for the sake of transparency and fairness any job of the sort would need to be given up at the end of the season in order to take the commissioner position.

I'd love to throw my name into the hat. I've been a VHLM AGM and GM, 2X-WJC Commissioner and General Manager as well as a World Cup Commissioner and General Manager. I've also been apart of the recruitment team in multiple ways. I'm currently the AGM of DC as well so I feel like I have plenty of league experience that would be brought into the role. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out :)

Thank you for the opportunity!

Edited by fonziGG

Won’t get it, but will throw name in. I do have some league experience that I feel would help me succeed in the role. If you wish to discuss further, or have Q’s, feel free to reach out. 

Good luck to those applying and best wishes.

chef cooking GIF by Paddington Bear

Honestly... I would love an opportunity like this, so I'd like to express my interest in this open position. Before I start, though, I want to take a moment and show my appreciation to @Sonnet for stepping up into the role while he was there. Allow me to continue, I feel I have what it takes to be a commissioner in the VHLM, and I've been around the league for quite a while now in various management roles already. I work well with @diamond_ace and our combined interactions as VHL GMs has allowed us to develop a solid working foundation. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Peace

I'd like to apply. Other than my experience as VHLM GM, VHLM AGM, VHL AGM, I have also been the commissioner for the WJC. I am one of the most active members on the site and a real passion for the VHL. PM me for any questions/concerns you have.

Eh I want to and I'd totally apply if I thought it were a good idea but I'm busy enough school-wise this semester that at the moment taking on more responsibility here probably isn't in the best interest of either myself or the league.

Good luck to everyone applying, though! Looking forward to seeing who gets it and I hope they'll be able to serve the VHLM well.

25 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Eh I want to and I'd totally apply if I thought it were a good idea but I'm busy enough school-wise this semester that at the moment taking on more responsibility here probably isn't in the best interest of either myself or the league.

Good luck to everyone applying, though! Looking forward to seeing who gets it and I hope they'll be able to serve the VHLM well.

#Gustav4Commish

I'll apply. I'm a strong candidate for VHLM commissioner because I am very familiar with the league. I have been a VHLM GM for the past 7 seasons.  Additionally, I've had a passion for rules my entire life. I always read the booklets that used to come with video games and now I love reading board game rulebooks almost as much as playing the games themselves. I would begin my tenure by reviewing the current rules and clarifying any points of confusion. Then, I'd work with the BoG to implement improvements centered around the primary focus of the league; introducing new players to the VHL and making their experience here as enjoyable as possible.

I've DM'd all the commissioners to speak with the privately but I will publicly throw my name in. 

I feel like I strive for the best of the M every single season. As GM, I've really fought for new member activity, I have fought my ass off for retention the last 10 seasons, and I've ensured that quality of activity > anything else. I've always ensured that my team has put new members first, and I've always ensured that everyone is as well taken care of as possible. 

Because of my tenure this time around, I feel like I have the knowledge and understanding to get the job done. I know what is going on in the league already, I have visions and ideas and goals for the M and how to just proceed in a very positive way. I've been a GM now, I've been an AGM, I've been a former commissioner with both Smarch and Eagles way back when, I know what it takes, I know the qualifications, I know what I want, and this is it. I had gone to apply before Sonnet got hired, so I am hoping this time around, with more time, I'm considered. 

You guys know my list of achievements, my list of what I've done around this league and others. But I am very open and hoping if you have any questions, comments or concerns, you will at the very least reach out to let me know. I'm very serious about this role, and really want to pave the way for the M in a big way. 

Thank you for considering me, and most importantly good luck to everyone applying ❤️ 

Similar to a couple people here, I would love the opportunity, and I want to put it out there that I think I would do well in this kind of position and would like to be considered in the future. That being said, with how busy I have been recently with my new job/apartment, I think now may not be the best time. 

Good luck to all those who apply!

I have the resume for it. VHLM GM, VHL GM, WJC GM, WJC Commish, WC GM, VHLM AGM, Brand GM, VSN Head. Only issue is I know my activity sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm doing my best to remain here, but I'm not dumb so I know it probably disqualifies me

But I'll still apply

I will apply. I don't expect to get it considering a lot of other people on here have been more active than me and are probably more deserving. However, I think my platform needs to be discussed. The following two pictures cannot happen, and if I am made VHLM commish I will implement changes to fix this including possible draft pick capping in drafts, completely disallowing the trading of draft picks, and re implementing the 2 comments in VHLM Game threads for practice facility approach from last time I was commish. 

image.thumb.png.ffbaa6a1ed11dc6f806f77de7f406529.png

image.thumb.png.4c14ab7b800075766019f4c62480548e.png

I would be very honored to have a chance at applying for this position. As a pretty well known member of this community, I think that I would fit this role and the work and effort that comes with it. It is unfortunate to see Sonnet leave, and I think that I have what I takes to take on this challenge. If selected, I hope this will turn out as amazing and valuable experience, as well as one I will cherish for a long time. My resume is filled with experience, such as being one of Fong's many sons/daughters, a kid who has been banned from the VHL discord over 10 times, a person who people can't explain in words, and someone who has gotten their discord account and alts disabled multiple times. I know that my activity on the forums is not as great as many other applicants, but I am working to improve that and become a more well known and involved person here. I wish that all my fellow applicants are doing well, and good luck to you all. 

(If anyone has any questions or concerns that apply to this or anything in general, feel free to private message me and I will make sure to respond under 6-12 hours, usually depending on what time you message me at, and what I have on my schedule that day.)

Thanks for your concern and time,

Elijah :)

I don't think it's the right time for me to apply for this sort of thing as I'm still very much inexperienced, but I think @Spartan is a good candidate. Good luck to all those who apply tho!!