My Random VHL Thoughts - S74 - Part 4

Fire Tortorella

• So @chatfan036wrote an interesting article about parity in the VHLM. Historically, I've always been a huge proponent of this. It's not necessarily that there won't be good teams or bad teams, but there should not be 2-3 season cycles of "competing" and "tanking". Every team should be competing ever year. I've always thought the best way to combat this was to severely limit (or even remove) draft pick trading, but chatfan suggested something even more radical - doing a randomized snake re-draft from season to season. This is an interesting idea. My primarily concern with it would be lack of continuity for new members, as they could go through 3 GMs in 2.5 seasons, but on the other hand, it would also expose them to more members.
  • I'm going to continue to lament the fact that Discord has continued in the death of the forum. The VHLM gets basically no game posts (even in the playoffs) and the VHL gets maybe 2 for a regular season game and only maybe 5 for a playoff game. For someone like me who isn't on Discord anywhere close to 24/7, I feel like I miss out on so much of the day to day league/non-league discussion that used to take place on the forum. It also limits me getting to know new people.

I agree. I feel like most discussions, that would otherwise be in game threads, are had in discord servers, team servers or vhl server.

Most fascinating discussions are in discord, unlike before discord came in banging. I'm not gonna lie, I've done this myself. I barely post on the forum nowadays, I talk in discord mostly.