Creating an all portal Dream team

For shits and giggles here is how a team in the portal era would look. We are going to create a team using TPE earned all time, not TPA. Yes I know there is a difference but screw it. I wonder how this team would stack up against NHL teams in real life. My guess is probably very good.

Centers

Ryan Kastelic (2000 TPE) (1st All time TPE) @Enorama

Hunter Hearst Hemsley (1828 TPE) (2nd All time TPE) @Beaviss

Jet Jaguar (1681 TPE) (5th All time TPE) @gorlab
Podrick Cast (1635) (7th All time TPE) @Victor

Left Wingers

Julius Freeman (1741 TPE) (3rd All Time) @rjfryman

Julian Borwinn (1681 TPE) (4th All Time) @Jubo07

Gabriel McAllister (1613 TPE) (9th All Time) @CowboyinAmerica

Matt Thompson (1571 TPE) (12th All Time) @Beketov

Right Wingers

Dan Wilinsky (1431 TPE) (18th All Time) @oilmandan

Keaton Louth (1402 TPE) (23rd All Time) @Beaviss

Jake Davis (1335 TPE) (30th All Time) @Josh

Tyson Kohler (1221 TPE) (44th All Time) @Kendrick

Defenseman

Mats Johnsson (1674 TPE) (6th All Time) @Quik

Charlie Paddywagon (1453 TPE) (14th All Time) @DMaximus

Joseph McWolf (1434 TPE) (17th All Time) @McWolf

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen (1411 TPE) (20th All Time) @flyersfan1453

Apollo Hackett (1406 TPE) (21st All Time) @Renomitsu

Vladimir Pavlov (1404 TPE) (22nd All Time) @Victor

Goalies

Norris Stopko (1623 TPE) (8th All Time) @Bushito

Kallis Kriketers (1598 TPE) (10th All Time) @hedgehog337

What a collection of players we have here. The Centers we have 4 of the top 10 TPE earners in the portal era with Cast seemingly sliding in as the 4th line center. At LW we have 3 of the top 10 TPE earners as well including back to back with Freeman and Borwinn, however a drop off to Thompson at 12th. Right Wing is surprisingly very weak with Dan Wilinsky coming in at top dog but 18th all time. Tyson Kohler making it at 44th all time is very weak but that is no knock to Kohler who was a good player in his time and still up for debate for the HoF. Defenseman start strong with Johnsson but start to middle off with the remaining 5 coming in between 14 and 22. We round out the goalies with Stopko and Kaillis who are 8 and 10 all time.

It is a very strong team and I would place them in this order for lines:

Julian Borwinn - Podrick Cast - Dan Wilinsky

Matt Thompson - Jet Jaguar - Jake Davis

Gabriel McAllister - Hunter Hearst Hemsley - Keaton Louth

Julius Freeman - Ryan Kastelic - Tyson Kohler

Mats Johnsson - Vladimir Pavlov

Charlie Paddywagon - Apollo Hackett

Joseph McWolf - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen

Norris Stopko

Kallis Kriketers

I think the first line of Borwinn - Cast and Wilinsky is very offensive and that is what you want from your first line, people who can put up the points to help you win. Second line of Thompson - Jet - Davis is like your first but not as much skill, obviously no knock to these guys but they just aren't there like the first line in terms of skill. Third line is your checking line and McAllister - HHH and Louth is a scary checking line, they can kill you by terms of hits, strong defensive player and they can score too. Fourth line is a mix of all the other lines as Freeman is a strong checker and good scorer, Kastelic is strong defensively and Kohler is a pure skill guy.

Defense, I have them all well balanced with Mats playing with Pavlov, Charlie and Apollo, McWolf playing with Smitty. All play huge minutes and all will rotate well, can't go wrong with any pairing here if we are being honest.

Goalies can split starts as they are both number 1 goalies. 

This was fun to look into and here are the players who just missed the cut:

C - Jasper Canmore (1583 TPE)

LW - Jerry Garcia (1541 TPE) @GustavMattias

RW - Mikko Aaltonen (1140 TPE) @GRZ

D - Brady Stropko Jr (1302 TPE)

D - Leph Twinger (1300 TPE) @DollarAndADream

G - Brick Wahl (1397 TPE) @BladeMaiden

I have to say, its pretty impressive that Bash has what 4 players almost making the all TPE team, what a TPE whore and I don't understand how he was able to do it. Beavis is on twice with HHH and Keaton Louth, Victor is on twice with Cast and Pavlov as we can see they are whores too. Everyone else, is on once, proving that there are multiple TPE whores in this league. Overall, this was pretty fun, agree or disagree with my lines? Tell me who you would put on certain lines.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

I don't understand how he was able to do it.

Got a full career of double earning as GM twice.

36 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

first line of Cast is very offensive and that is what you want from your first line, people who can put up the points to help you win. Second line of Thompson is like your first but not as much skill, obviously no knock to these guys but they just aren't there like the first line in terms of skill.

Preach brother

Kind of funny to see the LW/RW disparity - the whole reason I created McAllister at LW was because all of the prominent wingers at the time were on the right.

Also funny that if you included active players, Adrienne @OrbitingDeath  would literally be first line defenseman already with a season and half left.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• Admin
15 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Seeing Twinger on the didn't make it list and not seeing Sebastian Ironside at all somewhat baffles me. Ironside is in debates for HoF and Twinger will just never be there. :P

Ironside is in HOF, were you not informed?